Let's Stay Classy Falcon Fans

Tuggle'2

I just wanted to ask the favor of being and staying classy about Smitty no longer being the teams coach. I know a lot of people we're angry with him and wanted him gone including myself. Now that he is I just think we should respect the man and remember 2008-2012. I know we didn't achieve the ultimate goal while he was here, but he did bring us a lot of good times with the bad times. Let's remember what we were before he got here. Before his tenure we never really expected much from this franchise. In a way he got us spoiled and gave us super high winning expectations. We were a fan base that went from always expecting the worst to one that demanded excellence. While it was definitely time for a change and he got us as far as he could take us he brought that sense of expecting more from a team that always disappointed us.

Of course people can be how they want to be. I just think at the very least now that he's gone we remember that he was the best we've had so far. Let's be classy about this now. There is no reason not to. Rise up one last time for Mike Smith, winningest coach in Atlanta Falcon history.

Thanks guys and gals.

-Tuggle

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to ask the favor of being and staying classy about Smitty no longer being the teams coach. I know a lot of people we're angry with him and wanted him gone including myself. Now that he is I just think we should respect the man and remember 2008-2012. I know we didn't achieve the ultimate goal while he was here, but he did bring us a lot of good times with the bad times. Let's remember what we were before he got here. Before his tenure we never really expected much from this franchise. In a way he got us spoiled and gave us super high winning expectations. We were a fan base that went from always expecting the worst to one that demanded excellence. While it was definitely time for a change and he got us as far as he could take us he brought that sense of expecting more from a team that always disappointed us.

Of course people can be how they want to be. I just think at the very least now that he's gone we remember that he was the best we've had so far. Let's be classy about this now. There is no reason not to. Rise up one last time for Mike Smith, winningest coach in Atlanta Falcon history.

Thanks guys and gals.

-Tuggle

I agree now that he is gone it's time to move forward. Thank him for the good years and see what happens.

I refuse to dogpile on a decent man and decent football coach like Mike Smith. It was time for him to leave but I appreciate everything he did for the Falcons....

And just for the record personally I like Mike Smith more than Thomas Dimitroff.

Thanks guys and gals.

-Tuggle

Considering some some of the posts and people around here I would say there's about a 0% chance of showing any class. They're the same ones that bashed people for enjoying a win and turned every thread into a negative/fire smith rant. Sorry man, your expectations are way too high.