xskyx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not understand how Arthur could come to the conclusion that Dimitroff should stay. It is not logical and this will doom the Falcons and further slow the rebuild.

Simple. TD has drafted some decent players who flashed in the little playing time they received, on a defense that was dead last.

Deal with it.

Question: Did Mike Smith WANT out?

I think yes. I think he was tired of being Blank's "Yes Man". He had always played smash mouth football. Running game and a defense. Then we get smoked by Green Bay in the playoffs that year. Blank/Dimi decide we need to air it out, due to that game and some rule changes.

Call me crazy, but I think Smitty taking full responsibility the last couple of years is because of two reasons: One, he's just a good dude that way. And two, (more importantly in my opinion) he WANTED out. I think he knew/knows that Blank and/or TD weren't going to suddenly start listening to him.

Hears to hoping our next HC can stand up to them.

In a way, Mike Smith must feel relieved. He has another year of salary coming to him and he will get some time off to set his bearings.

During his presser yesterday, he mentioned that there are a few things that he wishes he would have done differently. Among them, I assume that he wishes that he would have taken a harder stance with respect to the personnel choices that were made.

I don't have any special knowledge, but judging by his game management philosophy, my guess is that he would have placed much more emphasis on the defense and the run game.

Good luck to you, Smitty. You are a class act.

And now, I am hoping for the ax to fall on Tommy Boy.

sad.png

Buck Lanford ‏@BuckFOX5 8m8 minutes ago

#Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff will not be fired, according to source.

The only way I can see this being a plus is if Smitty had more input in personnel decisions than we all seem to think. IF Dimitroff is going out and getting the players Smitty, Nolan and Koetter wanted, and Smitty isn't doing anything with them, then I can see giving Dimitroff another shot. Remember how when Petrino came along, all of a sudden McKay was drafting players like Jamaal Anderson that he didn't have a history of going after? Remember how we got Ovie and drafted Robinson? I can see Dimitroff saying to Blank "look, all I'm doing is drafting the player profiles these guys say they want -- get a better coach and we can win with these guys." I'm not saying that's true, I'm just saying it makes more sense.

If Dimitroff, as KOG and some others have said, is actually overruling Smitty on personnel decisions, then keeping him is a bad omen. No good coach can make chicken salad out of chicken ****. They might, at best, be able to make some moldy chicken salad that won't kill you, but will make you pretty sick.

Guest Negatorris

The only way I can see this being a plus is if Smitty had more input in personnel decisions than we all seem to think. IF Dimitroff is going out and getting the players Smitty, Nolan and Koetter wanted, and Smitty isn't doing anything with them, then I can see giving him another shot.

If Dimitroff, as KOG and some others have said, is actually overruling Smitty on personnel decisions, then keeping him is a bad omen. No good coach can make chicken salad out of chicken ****. They might, at best, be able to make some moldy chicken salad that won't kill you, but will make you pretty sick.

Every head coach usually has a big ruling in personnel decisions. Even the coordinators to an extent. The GM never just brings in random guys and tells the coaches to 'make it work'. It's a collective process.

Simple. TD has drafted some decent players who flashed in the little playing time they received, on a defense that was dead last.

Deal with it.

In 7 years he has drafted some decent players. Are you serious? There is only one player worth a crap on that defense in the past 2 years..Trufant. the rest are not NFL starters. Look at his FA pick ups. Osi, Ray Edwards you gotta be kidding me. TD needs to be fired

In 7 years he has drafted some decent players. Are you serious? There is only one player worth a crap on that defense in the past 2 years..Trufant. the rest are not NFL starters. Look at his FA pick ups. Osi, Ray Edwards you gotta be kidding me. TD needs to be fired

Hageman has shown flashes. Same with Mass. Same with Ish. Same with Alford. I could do this all day.

Deal with it, he's staying.