Is Dimitroff A Coach Killer?

Nono

I know Mike Smith is the top of the food chain, but it smells like Dimitroff set him up to fail with bad picks and bad talent

Where is that weasel TD? I bet he is slithering somewhere on his bike all the while Smitty is packing is crap at Flowery Branch.

Like you said its kind of early, but he has had his fair share of mistakes as well with the draft. The 2013 offseason was a total disaster in my opinion.

Using our first 3 picks on 2 CB's was a HUGE mistake.

Swapping Abe for Osi was dumb and served zero purpose

Missing on Konz and Missing on Holmes (as of now its a miss)

Neglecting quality pass rushers

Like you said its kind of early, but he has had his fair share of mistakes as well with the draft. The 2013 offseason was a total disaster in my opinion.

Using our first 3 picks on 2 CB's was a HUGE mistake.

Swapping Abe for Osi was dumb and served zero purpose

Missing on Konz and Missing on Holmes (as of now its a miss)

Neglecting quality pass rushers

Good post all true

I think their one conceit was that of being too prideful. They had a plan, enacted the plan, saw it wasn't working, maintained going with the plan until the wheels fell off. They practiced the one great error in management and that is managing in a reactionary manner. Putting out fires constantly with fills because the piece you acquired is hurt or has practiced poorly and never progresses. We need people who think ahead, prepare for the worst, can make changes and have the humility to understand that they must make those changes.

Add to that:

Re-upping an average and injury prone Baker

Re-upping Decoud

Letting a top 3 CB walk

Signing a declining Jackson to improve the run game when it was clear the problem was his $hitty OL not the runners

Having his mid and top level draft picks and FA aquisitions consistently outplayed by UDFAs off the street such as Grimes, Stone, Worrilow, Schrader.

Waiting too long to resign Ryan and thus handcuffing our budget for the entire 2013 FA and draft

Assembling the worst OL/DL combination (2013) in the entire sorry history of the Atlanta Falcons

Yeah Smitty ultimately went down hard as a HC.

Dimitroff,,,He is a Scout, and not cut out to be a GM.

Pioli and TD marched to the beat of Bilichicks drum in NE.

Our next HC needs full control over the personnel decisions.

I can't believe there are people that haven't realized Mike isn't a good coach

TD didn't call stupid timeouts and not play youth with talent just because they weren't vets. Smitty had a good thing going and planned to stay the coarse but the wheels just fell off. The general consensus is that this team is too talented for 6-10 which may be true. The defense showed out these past couple weeks and showed they have talent sans Carolina. We already know what the offense is capable of when hitting on all cylinders. Smitty logically was to blame overall as he is the head coach