Remember Mike Singletary ?

Bring It

He is a hot name again. That said, im not interested.

There are success stories and failures every season, whats your point?

My point is beyond obvious.

In the heat of all this change frenzy, the odds are Blank and all his hundreds of expert advisors are very likely to end up with something FAR worse than Smitty.

Then, one day 3 years from now some 10yr.old kid is going to explain how Smitty was NOT the problem.

The NCAA Div. III roster was.

Oh well, let 'em learn.

I like Smith. But he lost his fire, seemed to be overwhelmed and overmatched in recent seasons.

I see what you are saying, but it is def time to move on. You cant be afraid the new guy may not work, especially when it is obvious the current plan has failed.

That said, if Smith goes I hope TD goes with him.

I like Smith. But he lost his fire, seemed to be overwhelmed and overmatched in recent seasons.

I see what you are saying, but it is def time to move on. You cant be afraid the new guy may not work, especially when it is obvious the current plan has failed.

That said, if Smith goes I hope TD goes with him.

Yup, it is time to start again.......if only for the fans, to show they're trying to reach an elite level......which we all thought was almost there a few short years ago.

TD and his picks & FA deals have been FAR from sterling.

More like red Georgia clay.

God I remember when it looked like Singletary was going to be here.............. I am very glad for Smitty.. because Singletary would have been a DISASTER here.

As will MOST "fire and brimstone" hot shot media celebrity coach picks.

Mostly hot air, egos the size of Asia, along with "Me" being their favorite subject.

we may regret Smitty's departure.

No chance in **** regretting his firing at all.

The only people that would regret his firing are the ones who enjoy eliminations such as the Giants, GB, SF & yesterday with Smith as the coach. Might regret the next hiring, but never Smith's firing.