I Am Tired Of The O Line Excuses For Matty Ice

Perspective is there. Just get tired of Ryan fanboys always making excuses when the guy makes mistakes. He's not the biggest issue on the team any sane person will tell you that. But unfortunately for him he's the qb. You get the praise and the blame. No on'e going to sit here and debate whether or not the line screwed up or the defense sucks. The debate is in how much to blame Matt Ryan for the teams performance. On sundays game I give him about 40% of the blame.

I'm not really sure what the point of that discussion is. Just seems like an argument for the sake of arguing on a point not really worth arguing about: Matt makes mistake, he isn't the best QB in the league, and he's led the team to back to back sub-.500 seasons, of which he has obviously played a major role. I think the main problem is -- it doesn't matter: Matt will be part of the team's rebound, just as he was part of its success.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I coukd give a f*ck about that. It's all tied into protection. The gane is won in the trenches. Bad line play equals mistakes and turnovers. PERIOD!!! I never said he wasn't at fault. That's your problem. You're lumping me with the excuse crowd. I'm telling what it is.

So when a qb gets flushed out of the pocket you can pretty much look for a pick 6? I've seen other abs get flushed out of the pocket and good things happen. Matt just doesn't fair well once things get ugly in the pocket. Cams pocket got nasty several times early in the game but he was able to turn that into a positive with his ability to avoid pressure. Matts a better traditional qb than Cam but Cam does a lot more to make up for his lines mistakes. There's little room for error with Matt behind center.

Perspective is there. Just get tired of Ryan fanboys always making excuses when the guy makes mistakes. He's not the biggest issue on the team any sane person will tell you that. But unfortunately for him he's the qb. You get the praise and the blame. No on'e going to sit here and debate whether or not the line screwed up or the defense sucks. The debate is in how much to blame Matt Ryan for the teams performance. On sundays game I give him about 40% of the blame.

He's not 40%. The panthers D is 100% of the problem. For one no running game AT ALL. They stopped our run which means what? Playaction isntva factor and the linebackers are gonna play downhill all game. They got off to a 2 scire lead which means what? NOW we're one dimensional. Even tho we still tried to keep them honest it didn't matter. Now you pin your ears back and go after Matt which means what? They forced him into mistakes and turnovers. The oline was torn apart and it affected the game. Not to mention Dimarco dropped a wide open TD. It's a differnt gane if we kept it 10-7. It's football bro not rocket science.

So when a qb gets flushed out of the pocket you can pretty much look for a pick 6? I've seen other abs get flushed out of the pocket and good things happen. Matt just doesn't fair well once things get ugly in the pocket. Cams pocket got nasty several times early in the game but he was able to turn that into a positive with his ability to avoid pressure. Matts a better traditional qb than Cam but Cam does a lot more to make up for his lines mistakes. There's little room for error with Matt behind center.

The athleticism of the qb doesn't even matter. The right defense will put that sh!t to a stop with Cam too. I've also seen Matt roll out and good things happen so you're basically just going on circles for arguments sake. The panthers had our number yesterday. They punched us in the mouth and that's it. We didn't lose the gane because of Matt. We lost because the panthers came ready to play. PERIOD!!! Everybody made mistakes INCLUDING MATT RYAN. I never said that and will BEVER say he doesn't make mistakes. I criticized Matt a lot this year when he had protection. By the way cam was beat up the same way by philly and the result was the same. Any given Sunday is the best way to say it.

Please stop comparing Ryan to a future HOFer/SB winning QB.

He's a HOFer and a SB winner cause he has/had what? An o-line an more but the topic is the o-line so i'll say on subject. Ok i'll play your game in not mentioning a SB winning qb. Do y'all think it's a coincident T.Romo is having his best season when they have a good o-line. I think not. Stop being a hater games are won in the trenches. Anyone with half a brain knows that. Did he throw the int's yes. Desperate men do desperate things Edited by Big Kountry

Give Tice credit they improved with all the injuries but they were no match for the meows yesterday. A lot of that is on the HC for not developing a running game to combat the rush. When a QB is harassed like Ice was yesterday with no running game to combat the rush I don't care if Dan Marino was in there he would've been on his back the entire game!

H.ell it was so bad yesterday look at WFW sig...#thissucks

They don't understand that bro. They actually think it's simple to throw the ball to unopenbreceivers under heavy duress. If Aaron can't do it it can't be done.

It is amazing how people miss the obvious here.

Ryan is not perfect but he did not stand a chance yesterday.

One thing that did not help is the fact the refs allowed the panthers to mug our receivers down the field.

Roddy is probably walking funny after some of the contact they got..... he got it with out some lube

All the athleticism is the world didn't stop Karpernick from getting sacked a ton this year. I really question if some of y'all Matt Ryan bias is jading how y'all watch the game all together

They live in a fantasy world. Wilson gets sacked a lot but they have a helluva running game and a monster defense to keep them in EVERY game.

The athleticism of the qb doesn't even matter. The right defense will put that sh!t to a stop with Cam too. I've also seen Matt roll out and good things happen so you're basically just going on circles for arguments sake. The panthers had our number yesterday. They punched us in the mouth and that's it. We didn't lose the gane because of Matt. We lost because the panthers came ready to play. PERIOD!!! Everybody made mistakes INCLUDING MATT RYAN. I never said that and will BEVER say he doesn't make mistakes. I criticized Matt a lot this year when he had protection. By the way cam was beat up the same way by philly and the result was the same. Any given Sunday is the best way to say it.

I see what you're saying but I believe that different qbs have different skill levels when it comes to avoiding pressure and making plays. Would you not agree that some qbs are better than others when it comes to avoiding pressure?

All I've wanted is everyone to just admit everyone sucked in the game Including Matt. Sure the defense(Carolina)had a lot to do it. There just always seems to be an excuse. Funny thing Matt doesn't make excuses. Sure he'll be the first to say he didn't play well.

It is amazing how people miss the obvious here.

Ryan is not perfect but he did not stand a chance yesterday.

One thing that did not help is the fact the refs allowed the panthers to mug our receivers down the field.

Roddy is probably walking funny after some of the contact they got..... he got it with out some lube

They were definitely mugging. Also the pick sixes were on Matt BUT the receivers coukdve stopped it from being a TD if they gave chase instaed of complaining to the Refs for flags. I noticed that all year that they would be talking to a ref while the pkay was still going b

All the athleticism is the world didn't stop Karpernick from getting sacked a ton this year. I really question if some of y'all Matt Ryan bias is jading how y'all watch the game all together

Yup.... I mean we had probably THE most athletic qb to ever grace the football field in Vick...........and we saw him get sacked 40+ times

It is astounding how short peoples memories are.

I see what you're saying but I believe that different qbs have different skill levels when it comes to avoiding pressure and making plays. Would you not agree that some qbs are better than others when it comes to avoiding pressure?

All I've wanted is everyone to just admit everyone sucked in the game Including Matt. Sure the defense(Carolina)had a lot to do it. There just always seems to be an excuse. Funny thing Matt doesn't make excuses. Sure he'll be the first to say he didn't play well.

It's been said repeatedly by different people that Matt didn't play well. I'm not sure how you read things or watch football games at this point, honestly.

They were definitely mugging. Also the pick sixes were on Matt BUT the receivers coukdve stopped it from being a TD if they gave chase instaed of complaining to the Refs for flags. I noticed that all year that they would be talking to a ref while the pkay was still going b

The second was, but the first one was a direct result of PI.

The second on though was all on Matt he put too much air under the ball the the db made a great play.

In Ryan's defense, the Falcons' #1 WR, JJ was locked up for most of the game. I know there was a lot of mocking at the idea of Josh Norman shutting down JJ..but Norman is legit, and was smothering JJ all game. Bene did an excellent job on White.

Some of those sacks were coverage sacks, because Ryan didn't have anyone to throw to. Game on the line, everyone counting on Ryan to get things going.. he, like every other qb , will take chances and make risky decisions. His pick 6s, were the result in him trying to take a huge risk. If not for the tight coverage, the risks may have paid off, and he would be haralded as a hero, instead of a villain by some.

Can't blame him for taking risks though.

Jesus H Christ bro everyone has already admitted it multiple times. Holy shyt get over it already.

What would actually be nice is if everyone admitted the oline sucks and Carolinas D was all over Matt all game and that has a great deal to do with how any QB would play.

Stop with the Matt walks on water thing around here its just whining at this point because it's not true.

No one is answering the question about different skill levels when it comes to avoiding sacks/pressure. Matt has improved a ton in that area this year but he's still not that good at it. just not in his skill set. Doesn't make him a terrible qb. It just mean there is less room for error for his oline.

In Ryan's defense, the Falcons' #1 WR, JJ was locked up for most of the game. I know there was a lot of mocking at the idea of Josh Norman shutting down JJ..but Norman is legit, and was smothering JJ all game. Bene did an excellent job on White.

Some of those sacks were coverage sacks, because Ryan didn't have anyone to throw to. Game on the line, everyone counting on Ryan to get things going.. he, like every other qb , will take chances and make risky decisions. His pick 6s, were the result in him trying to take a huge risk. If not for the tight coverage, the risks may have paid off, and he would be haralded as a hero, instead of a villain by some.

Yeah, fans of the other team are more rational about Ryan than some falcon fans.

And I'm saying he didnt play well. BUT what he CANT say is the protection sucked because a player won't yhrow his brothers under the bus. But I will. I'm giving props to Carolina. They pkayed lights out.

And yes there are different skill sets per athlete. Cam ain't gonna beat you with his arm but his athleticism he can. BUT as I said there are defenses that ain't seeing Cam. Like Seattle, or Arizona, or Detroit, or Baltimore etc...There was defenses that wasn't seeing that sh!t Vick used to do. Like Tampa. They used to wreck Vick. If the oressure they put on is was reversed Cam wasn't escaping that sh!t!!

The pressure on Matt was coming from every angle. Left, right AND through the middle. Star had 2 sacks himself. He's a DT. Where was our pressure through the middle on Cam? Yea we had some outside pressure but none up the middle and where'd he escape? Thru the middle.

It's really simple. Pressure busts pipes. Don't care who you are or how athletic you are. If you put that constant pressure on him his game will bust wide open. That's what happened to matt yesterday. The pressure busted our pipe.

Edited by TheFatboi

GTFO with that shyt. It is easy to have tight cover when your QB has about 1.2 seconds to throw...