I Am Tired Of The O Line Excuses For Matty Ice

Matt Ryan was hit 18 times (sacked 6) & the Panthers’ defense notched 8 tackles for loss.

No QB in Football could win under those conditions,

The Stupidity of the OP, and the other anti Ryan trolls is beyond belief!!

Anyone blamimg Ryan for this is looking at a junked car, and complaining because the lighter doesn't work!!

OP you are an IDIOT!!

your forgot the ints *** clown oh you forgot, and since you have lots of football knowledge it has been said that he held the ball toooooooooo long on 3 of those next ? corky

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd be a champion with that 96 Cowboys line for many reasons. #1 they were road graders and opened huge holes for the running game. #2 they excelled at pass pro and with the wr's we have its a wrap. #3 that line was mean n nasty. Something we don't have. Matt plays awful when he has no protection but so does Brady, Manning and even Rodgers. I completely disagree with your assumption that he'd play the same way with a HOF line. We have not one HOF'er on this line. Maybe Jake will be one day if he plays at a high level for many years but not 1 potential HOF'er nowhere on that line.

Well said!!

This was another game where guys were really RARELY open. Idk if it's Koetters plays or what, but I can't wait for it to change.

Just watch Ryan, even on a good day. He rarely has open guys. Go watch Peyton Manning. His guys run out routes and are wide open.

We were supposed to have a pick your poison offense but somehow Koetter made it so it was even easier to defend.

Any decent qb would be a winner with that line though. Winning with a hall of fame line doesn't make Matt special. Just makes him a decent qb like several other qbs in the league.

bingo matt needs a big time oline to make him successful, he needs 5 seconds to read defenses, he needs to be able to stand still and not move, sad thing is the guys running the team did not believe that till now

This was another game where guys were really RARELY open. Idk if it's Koetters plays or what, but I can't wait for it to change.

Just watch Ryan, even on a good day. He rarely has open guys. Go watch Peyton Manning. His guys run out routes and are wide open.

We were supposed to have a pick your poison offense but somehow Koetter made it so it was even easier to defend.

man he never looked at julio, the whole group i was with thought matt was made at him, 3 catches for julio joke, julio is always open

I think this last season went a long ways to improving the OL...If we can upgrade one of the positions(be it center or LG or RT), then we can go into next season feeling pretty good about ourselves on the OL.

That leaves our garbage TE situation, defensive line, and linebacker positions to be worked on.

Here's the problem and it may piss some of yall off. Carolina showed up and punched us in the mouth straight up. The defense started a little over zealous with heavy blitzing and it hurt us but they settled down and started getting stops. Contrary to popular belief we DID have a decent pass rush but cam is a helluva athlete and he made a lot of escapes that would've been sacks for 98% of the league.

As for the offense it started with not having Steven jackson. Say what you will but I GUARANTEE if I'm Rivera and having played for the best defense in NFL history there's NO WAY I'm letting 2 midgets run all over us. Say all you want but it's a lot harder to tackle 245 pounds than it is 190. Everyttime BOTH of them were hit they fell backwards. SJ falls foward. You also HAVE to tackle SJ's legs. You can just hit the little guys and wrap them up.

Aside from that they were in attack mode with us all day. They attacked our line all game. They studied the game gilm of cincy, Balt, an NY. They imposed their will on us. Say what you will buy Matt was under heavy duress all gane long. It's almost impossible for a qb to go that kind of stress and make an impact on the game. Especially when their secondary was playing lights out and not giving him anywhere to throw. YES he did play awful as well but not having time will do that. Pressure busts pipes.

Next there's no way we should've let an interceptor run and score. You can blame Matt for it but it's deeper. The problem is there is no pursuit after the int. I've seen Roddy White run guys down and get the ball back. I don't see that anymore. Wanna know what I see? I see the receivers complaining to the ref wanting a flag while the interceptor is running with the ball. And it's not straight line running. There is some bobbing and weaving involved which makes it easier to catch somebody. It's poor execution of getting to the interceptor and because of it we have up 14 points on 2 picks and another 7 on Roddy's fumble.

SO...That's 21 points off turnovers and they had a score of 33. Eliminate those turnovers and the defense held them to a mere 12 points. Which takes us back to the PANTHERS defense. They held us to 3 points because they refused to let 2 midgets embarrass them and they applied a tremendous amount of pressure on Matt all game long. So the game ball goes to...

THE PANTHERS DEFENSE

man he never looked at julio, the whole group i was with thought matt was made at him, 3 catches for julio joke, julio is always open

I can't see Julio on my TV haha. He goes too deep.

I agree he needs to start force feeding him. I think thats more on Mike Smith. Matt Ryan has shown he will throw into tight coverage. So it's odd that he doesn't with Julio.

Yes ill be glad to see this coaching staff except for Tice gone!

The next DC needs to pick one fking scheme and we need to draft players for that scheme

The next OC needs to have a **** balanced attack of 50/50 run pass.

Look, we have to accept Ryan for what he is. He needs a consistent o line. He isn't gonna beat you with his feet. He isnt all that physically gifted. He gets happy feet like every other quarter back in the league when he starts getting hit. He also has a bunch if great qualities as well tho. Bottom line is with the way this team was built in the Smith era Matt couldn't do it all in his own. I've accepted that. Hopefully the next regime can as well, and get him some systematic help.

agreed.

Let me just say for the record. Matt Ryan is a good QB. He has played admirably and I am glad to have him as our QB. But, to put blinders on and just act like he is always above criticism is just not in our best interests. He is approaching 30 and its time to stop coddling and assess his play as frankly as everyone else on the team. He has bad games and he has good games. Today was, to be blunt, a bad game when we needed it most out of our franchise QB

Good Post.

Any decent qb would be a winner with that line though. Winning with a hall of fame line doesn't make Matt special. Just makes him a decent qb like several other qbs in the league.

That's not true. GOOD qb's win with great lines. Decent qb's don't. I don't kkiw one decent qb that won a SB because he had a great line alone. Dilfer. Champion because of a great running game and an even greater defense that only allowed 15 points a game. Johnson. Another qb that had a great defense. Any other SB winning qb's you bring out are all HOF'ers. Bradshaw, Namath, Young, Montana, Aikman, Elway, Favre, Warner, Staubach, Theisman. All of which played behind a HOF line. And the next crop is Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers and they've played with HOF lineman as well.

Ryan is better than a decent qb but like all great qb's that have played behind a HOF line they need the blocking.

Edited by TheFatboi

Look, we have to accept Ryan for what he is. He needs a consistent o line. He isn't gonna beat you with his feet. He isnt all that physically gifted. He gets happy feet like every other quarter back in the league when he starts getting hit. He also has a bunch if great qualities as well tho. Bottom line is with the way this team was built in the Smith era Matt couldn't do it all in his own. I've accepted that. Hopefully the next regime can as well, and get him some systematic help.

Good post. Every HOF qb played with HOF lineman as well. All of them. Every single last one. It's a reason good qb play and good oline pkay go hand in hand.

Think it's absurd that people simultaneously claim Ryan can't be criticized on this board and criticize Ryan. of the 100 or so posts in this thread as I type this, at least half are ripping Ryan.

Oline is a reason, not an excuse.

Yesterday, when Matthews and Asomoah went out, Falcons were missing 8 of the top 10 linemen they started TC with.

At points yesterday, Falcons had their 3rd option at LT, 3rd at center, 3rd at RG, 5th at RT. LG has missed time too. Falcons have an entire starting Oline on IR.

Panthers were getting immediate pressure on Ryan with their front 4 and playing tight coverage with the back 7, they were also stuffing the run and Koetter wouldn't change the protections/play calling. Dimarco dropped a certain TD, just as the Falcons had had a couple of good plays back to back, White fumbles.

Plenty of blame to go around, Ryan deserves his fair share. Whole team stank yesterday.

This sums it up pretty good.

hey i didnt throw those ints for td's yesterday matt ryan did, he threw 3 of them

go fuk your self clown

A direct result of pressure. Pressure busts pipes. Simple as that. Rodgers only had 3 int's until he played buffalo. That constant pressure that out on his @ss forced turnovers. ANY qb bad good or great can't survive constant pressure. Pressure is one thing but CONSTANT pressure is a completely other thing.

Here's the problem and it may piss some of yall off. Carolina showed up and punched us in the mouth straight up.....

SO...That's 21 points off turnovers and they had a score of 33. Eliminate those turnovers and the defense held them to a mere 12 points. Which takes us back to the PANTHERS defense. They held us to 3 points because they refused to let 2 midgets embarrass them and they applied a tremendous amount of pressure on Matt all game long. So the game ball goes to...

THE PANTHERS DEFENSE

Great post, will say that Koetter/Smith can call great individual plays- the rollout to the right and shovel pass back to the center of the field for a TD NO game was a thing of beauty, but too many times, the overall game plan suxs.

Lots of things to do to negate pressure- rolling pocket, draws, quick screens, reverses, shift protections- didn't see nearly enough adaptation to the actual game, as opposed to the game plan they went in with. If they'd managed to hit a couple of big pass plays, could have changed the whole game.

Ryan has already won eleven more games than Bart. He has 5,000 more yards. He has about 30 more TDs.

I am not sure why Bart gets so much love from the fans, but he wasn't exactly amazing. Ryan is far and away the best player in team history.

Different eras as far as the passing game. League is way more passer friendly now. Can't really compare stats. But you're entitle to your opinion and so am I. Matt isn't better than Primetime in my opinion. Sanders was one of the greatest players in history at his position. Matt's no where near that.

Great post, will say that Koetter/Smith can call great individual plays- the rollout to the right and shovel pass back to the center of the field for a TD NO game was a thing of beauty, but too many times, the overall game plan suxs.

Lots of things to do to negate pressure- rolling pocket, draws, quick screens, reverses, shift protections- didn't see nearly enough adaptation to the actual game, as opposed to the game plan they went in with. If they'd managed to hit a couple of big pass plays, could have changed the whole game.

Exactky. We were out game planned and over powered yesterday. Now we bring in a tough minded coach that can manage questionable character players now that smith is fired. We have the offense in place. Get the line and the d right we're right back in the scheme of things.

Ive seen Aaron Rodgers running for his life and still he made things happen. Please show me a game where a so called elite QB had 2 int's returned for a touchdown and put a goose egg on the board? At some point, Mr 100 million dollar man has to elevate his teammates. If everything has to be perfect all the time for a QB to put up more than 3 points, we could go sign Brian Hoyer and save about 95 million for other positions.

Ryan did well against Detroit if I remember correctly.

Different eras as far as the passing game. League is way more passer friendly now. Can't really compare stats. But you're entitle to your opinion and so am I. Matt isn't better than Primetime in my opinion. Sanders was one of the greatest players in history at his position. Matt's no where near that.

Deion played his best years for other teams. He doesn't even have his number retired by the Falcons. He made some flashy plays, but he is no Matt Ryan. Terance Mathis is a better all-time Falcon than Deion.