I Am Tired Of The O Line Excuses For Matty Ice

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed.

Let me just say for the record. Matt Ryan is a good QB. He has played admirably and I am glad to have him as our QB. But, to put blinders on and just act like he is always above criticism is just not in our best interests. He is approaching 30 and its time to stop coddling and assess his play as frankly as everyone else on the team. He has bad games and he has good games. Today was, to be blunt, a bad game when we needed it most out of our franchise QB

If everyone would just admit this...

If everyone would just admit this...

I guess it's our fault for recognizing the faults and details of said bad game.

There was a stat the game showed. "Matt Ryan hasn't been sacked in 106 snaps" or something like that. The last 4 games Matt Ryan AND the OL played great.

Then this game happened and some expect him to play great under that same duress. Add on the fact that the refs were just letting the Panthers do whatever the fux they wanted to and the defense playing bad as well.

Everybody played terribly but the OL played the worst which is a direct cause of Matt Ryan playing terrible. That's all that anybody is pointing out.

Everybody says the QB is the most important position and it is but the QB dependence is solely on the OL. If they don't play well, then the QB won't play well. That's the case for ANY QB.

Manning plays terrible for the last 4 games or so. I think the stat was 6 interceptions to 3 touchdowns in those games. OL sucked but for some of those games they had a running game and defense to resort to.

Rodgers against Buffalo....terrible. Why? Because his OL was manhandled by Buffalo's DL.

Brady terrible in the beginning of the season. Why? Because his OL was.

I'm not comparing Matt to these 3 elite QBs. Matt isn't elite. He is very good. I bring these 3 up because even 3 pf the best in the HISTORY of the NFL will have absolutely terrible game(s) when pressured. It's inevitable.

And none of those 3 QBs terrible games were packed with this much pressure and sacks COMBINED. Let's think about it happening in 1 game.

You guys think we are blaming the OL because we think our QB is perfect? Heck No. That's as false a statement that you can make. We are blaming the OL in this instance because it's true, because it's what's showing on the field.

We were the same people showing support for the OL in the last 4 games as well.

Why can't people admit that Ryan wet the bed...again. The oline played terrible. The qb played terrible. Roddy played terrible. Matt is part of the offense (the leader actually)They stunk it up. Admit this.

People have admitted this but people also know that the play of the OL is generally always the same for a QB of Matt's caliber or anybody above him.

People have admitted this but people also know that the play of the OL is generally always the same for a QB of Matt's caliber or anybody above him.

The offense was awful. Matt is the leader of the offense. They all failed. Matt doesn't get a pass. Thats why these threads go on forever because people never want to admit that Matt was part of the issue. We all agree the oline played like ****. Now let's all agree that Matt played like **** as well. There were times when the defense got to Cam but he made plays with his legs and turned it into something positive for his team. Matt didn't do that. Poor guy tried to scramble but he just doesn't have that ability.

Manning plays terrible for the last 4 games or so. I think the stat was 6 interceptions to 3 touchdowns in those games. OL sucked but for some of those games they had a running game and defense to resort to.

Rodgers against Buffalo....terrible. Why? Because his OL was manhandled by Buffalo's DL.

Brady terrible in the beginning of the season. Why? Because his OL was.

I'm not comparing Matt to these 3 elite QBs. Matt isn't elite. He is very good. I bring these 3 up because even 3 pf the best in the HISTORY of the NFL will have absolutely terrible game(s) when pressured. It's inevitable.

And none of those 3 QBs terrible games were packed with this much pressure and sacks COMBINED. Let's think about it happening in 1 game.

You guys think we are blaming the OL because we think our QB is perfect? Heck No. That's as false a statement that you can make. We are blaming the OL in this instance because it's true, because it's what's showing on the field.

We were the same people showing support for the OL in the last 4 games as well.

if you think he does not hold the ball too long you are not watching the game and even when does have time he throws ints, 100 mill what a joke

The offense was awful. Matt is the leader of the offense. They all failed. Matt doesn't get a pass. Thats why these threads go on forever because people never want to admit that Matt was part of the issue. We all agree the oline played like ****. Now let's all agree that Matt played like **** as well. There were times when the defense got to Cam but he made plays with his legs and turned it into something positive for his team. Matt didn't do that. Poor guy tried to scramble but he just doesn't have that ability.

now i will agree with this,

Yes, every so often Rodgers' protection breaks down and he scrambles to make a play. But I've never seen him, or Brady, or Manning or ANYONE under the same sort of CONSTANT pressure Matt gets and be successful. Period.

I have seen Aaron under that kind od pressure. And it ended up injuring him and missing games. He needed a better line and a running game.

matt ryan would d the same **** behind the 96 cowboys line, he has no pocket presence and is fing slow as ****,

He'd be a champion with that 96 Cowboys line for many reasons. #1 they were road graders and opened huge holes for the running game. #2 they excelled at pass pro and with the wr's we have its a wrap. #3 that line was mean n nasty. Something we don't have. Matt plays awful when he has no protection but so does Brady, Manning and even Rodgers. I completely disagree with your assumption that he'd play the same way with a HOF line. We have not one HOF'er on this line. Maybe Jake will be one day if he plays at a high level for many years but not 1 potential HOF'er nowhere on that line.

I am sick of seeing the best player in franchise history get pummeled on a weekly basis.

I'm not sure he's the best player in franchise history. Best qb...maybe (I still prefer Bartkowski but whatever). He'll stop getting pummeled when he stops wetting the bed in these big games. Do you think we should just ignore Matt's contribution to the beatdown?

He'd be a champion with that 96 Cowboys line for many reasons. #1 they were road graders and opened huge holes for the running game. #2 they excelled at pass pro and with the wr's we have its a wrap. #3 that line was mean n nasty. Something we don't have. Matt plays awful when he has no protection but so does Brady, Manning and even Rodgers. I completely disagree with your assumption that he'd play the same way with a HOF line. We have not one HOF'er on this line. Maybe Jake will be one day if he plays at a high level for many years but not 1 potential HOF'er nowhere on that line.

Any decent qb would be a winner with that line though. Winning with a hall of fame line doesn't make Matt special. Just makes him a decent qb like several other qbs in the league.

Matt Ryan was hit 18 times (sacked 6) & the Panthers’ defense notched 8 tackles for loss.

No QB in Football could win under those conditions,

The Stupidity of the OP, and the other anti Ryan trolls is beyond belief!!

Anyone blamimg Ryan for this is looking at a junked car, and complaining because the lighter doesn't work!!

OP you are an IDIOT!!

I'm not sure he's the best player in franchise history. Best qb...maybe (I still prefer Bartkowski but whatever). He'll stop getting pummeled when he stops wetting the bed in these big games. Do you think we should just ignore Matt's contribution to the beatdown?

Ryan has already won eleven more games than Bart. He has 5,000 more yards. He has about 30 more TDs.

I am not sure why Bart gets so much love from the fans, but he wasn't exactly amazing. Ryan is far and away the best player in team history.

hey i didnt throw those ints for td's yesterday matt ryan did, he threw 3 of them

You're such a fking dumbass

go fuk your self clown

M Ryan is the least of our worries. Did he play good? No, but what qb does when he is under constant pressure? No one!

What does GB, Denver, New England and these other good teams have in common? They at least have a running game, which the Falcons do not. Sure we might try and run the ball but when you only get 1-2 yds a carry it doesn't mean jack. We are 1-0 this season when we have a back go over 100 yards. We did it vs Ari and they are a playoff team. M Ryan threw for 361 yds and we won. Against the 17 teams we played this season, only in 4 games did we have the leading rusher of the two teams, which we are 3-1 in those games, could have been 4-0 (the 1 loss came against Detriot). We were the leading rusher with these rushing yards for those 4 games: 54, 60, 81, and 101.

With no running game the D can just pin their ears back and cut it loose. Then throw in the fact that our Oline could be the worst in the NFL and M Ryan hardly has any time in the pocket. If T Brady, P Manning, A Rodgers, D Brees where our qb instead of Ryan, how much better would they perform with this constant pressure? They would play just as bad, as no qb thrives under constant pressure.

Look when we played the saints a couple games back, Brees had a qb rating of 40.3. You know why? B/c for some reason, our D line stepped up and provide constant pressure on him. The D sacked Brees 5 times, had 6 TFL, and 6 qb hits. Brees also threw 2 int's and 1 td. This is the kind of pressure M Ryan is under almost every game. Our O line has been crushed with injuries and we are relying on backups to give Ryan enough time, which isn't happeneing. Part of the problem has been the guys we drafted (S Baker and TD), and injuries.

The good news, is J Matthews is gonna be a good one, and we get a high draft pick. I think if we can draft an olineman in the 1st, then everything else on D. But again, M Ryan is the very least of our problems.