I Am Tired Of The O Line Excuses For Matty Ice

Guest facelessman07

He's gotten a lot more mobile this year, if you haven't noticed. Today was just too awful.

He needs to take lessons from Aaron Rodgers on being "mobile"

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

today was just a lesson of when superior athletes are on the other side of the ball...he didn't have time nor could he outrun any of 'em...

I dislike Cam but there is no question he shows up in big games. I believe Matt Ryan is a better all around QB but Cam craves the big moments and makes big plays when it counts.

After 8 years Matt Ryan still looks stiff and uptight in big games. Every time I see him with that wide eyed look I know we are in trouble.

So what's the solution? Keep the o-line, start Renfree or Yates at QB? Trade Matt Ryan to Houston for Clowney. We can then go back to becoming a perennial 5-11 team. Pick high in the draft and maybe we'll be lucky to have the 1st or the 2nd pick in the draft and pick up a Jamarcus Russell 2.0 who will get killed his rookie year behind a porous O-Line.

I dislike Cam but there is no question he shows up in big games. I believe Matt Ryan is a better all around QB but Cam craves the big moments and makes big plays when it counts.

After 8 years Matt Ryan still looks stiff and uptight in big games. Every time I see him with that wide eyed look I know we are in trouble.

Not true he just has a good def. that will give him more chances to win.

Brady and Peyton are the most pressured QB's off all times They don't always have a perfect pocket. They have seen some of the most complex and creative blitzes by the best minds in football. They have some bad games......but they also have games where they absolutely make the defense pay for applying pressure. Once a Defense gets burned a few times guess what? They back off, they dial back pressure. What I am saying is that things are NOT ALWAYS going to be perfect for QB's in the NFL. The greats elevate their own player and in turn elevate their teammates. Matt is as good as what you give him.

Way to go swift

my problem with the picks that were thrown is how our Offense never seem to have the heart to stop a INT from being a touchdown. We just quit and give up the TD

off of a pick. That's something that should be addressed wheres the hustle play like years ago when roddy forced a fumble after a turn over.

Not true he just has a good def. that will give him more chances to win.

He gets the job done and has been since his days at Auburn. He's just a crybaby who acts like a DIVA.

There defense is not a valid excuse!

Carolina has had a suspect secondary all season and there offense was totally retooled this year. Even if you believe it was all on the about the defense don't you think Cam would have scored more than 3 points with Julio, Roddy, Hester, and Harry Douglas to throw too.

Edited by insight

my question is...what comes first...the wide eyed look? or a wide-eyed look resulting from knowing your OLine is gettin' mauled? Ryan will ALWAYS need a superior OLine...just like Brady and Peyton need. he's more mobile of course but he can't put a team on his back with his athletic ability...like Rodgers can. he's a pocket passer desperately in need of a pocket...and it doesn't always have to be clean. but what we saw today was an OLine mauling!!! Ryan can thank the football gods Hardy was somewhere snappin' instagrams!!!

Edited by sanfranfalcon

I am tired of the fairy tale in which a QB named Brady, Manning or Rodgers gets sacked 6 times and hit 12 and yet still plays at a high level while leading his team to victory.

I doubt any of those guys have ever taken that much punishment in an entire postseason, let alone a single game.

I am tired of the fairy tale in which a QB named Brady, Manning or Rodgers gets sacked 6 times and hit 12 and yet still plays at a high level while leading his team to victory.

I doubt any of those guys have ever taken that much punishment in an entire postseason, let alone a single game.

Manning is one of the toughest QB's to sack because he has one of the quickest releases in football. Rodgers doesn't get sacked as often because he is one of the more elusive QB's in and out of the pocket. His footwork is among the greatest of all time. Sacks are a team stat. Its not just the oline sucks. The oline played its butt off all year. They kept Ryan upright and i dont think he was sacked much the last 3 games. Coaching staff, the Wr's, yes Mr Perfect Matt Ryan AND the oline are responsible for the sacks.

I don't get it either. Apparently I missed the season where Rodgers was getting bludgeoned to death every game.

This is Matt Ryan's own personal circle jerk. I want to know what other 100 million dollar athlete could have the back to back seasons that Matt's team had and the best and highest paid player be almost completely shielded from criticism? The man threw for 2 touchdowns (wrong team) and put up 3 points in what amounted to a elimination game. He is still absolved from any guilt. Great game Matt! Your the greatest! Everyone else sucks! The guy is like teflon. He has 4 or 5 pick 6's..........this year! Thats almost Joey Harrington level...still: Matt your the greatest! Everyone else's fault!

Let's see....

Ryan is

2nd in the league in pass completions

3rd in the league in pass attempts

5th in the league in yards passing

7th in the league in completion percentage and QB rating

8th in the league in yards per attempt

10th in the league in touchdown passes

12th in the league in interceptions (7th best int/attempt ratio)

But you're right, he's the only QB to throw any bad INTs this year and he sucks.

Guest Negatorris

That actually makes the point stronger though.If a future HOFer /SB winning QB can't do it without his line how can we expect Ryan to?

Those QBs have already faced adversity and won championships for their team.

Couldn't have watched the game. What could he have done differently? No blocking and Noone open to throw to.

The defense of Matt Ryan is not this "one game." The team was 4 - 12 last season and followed that up with a 6 - 10 seasom. We scored 3 points in an elimination game AT HOME. Yeah, its a team game, but every HC, GM and Owner that has a $100MM QB expects that QB to be held accountable. Quality play is not about one game, its about success on the BIG Stage. This team is talented enough over the last two years to win the NFC South at least, if not make a playofff run. Instead, we sucked both years - not ONE GAME! A QBs success is guaged on w - L. Not personal stats or a big or little arm. Team W - L. Period.

Watch a Falcons game then go watch a Patriots game.

The difference is astounding. Brady is back there picking his teeth while his WR's run their routes.

Every other play Matty is tucking the football to keep from getting stripped of the ball.

It is the line's fault all day long. If I was MR I would be leaving horse heads in the O-Line's beds.

This is Matt Ryan's own personal circle jerk. I want to know what other 100 million dollar athlete could have the back to back seasons that Matt's team had and the best and highest paid player be almost completely shielded from criticism? The man threw for 2 touchdowns (wrong team) and put up 3 points in what amounted to a elimination game. He is still absolved from any guilt. Great game Matt! Your the greatest! Everyone else sucks! The guy is like teflon. He has 4 or 5 pick 6's..........this year! Thats almost Joey Harrington level...still: Matt your the greatest! Everyone else's fault!

Dont feed the troll.

This entire team craps the bed when the national spotlight is on them, Ryan included.

Most of the time though Ryan plays better than 90% of his teammates.

He didn't yesterday because:

1.) O-line sucked and couldn't even slow down the Panthers front 7.

2.) It was a huge game and Ryan makes crucial mistakes in big games.

A lot of #2 was because of #1 but whatever, people on here are going to think what they want to think and I don't really care.