I Am Tired Of The O Line Excuses For Matty Ice

You've seen EVERY QB that faced heavy consistent pressure struggle and make poor decisions. You can't say that our Oline was competitive in the least today. You can't say that our defense played well either. The two pick six's and the other 2 picks they dropped were bad passes and I'll dog him as much as the next guy, but to pretend that our line Isn't an excuse would be a bit asinine.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense gave up 19 points. Our Golden Boy Elite Future Hall of Famer gave up 14. Our defense held up ok under the circumstances.

This is absolutely true.The other thing that is true is that the elite QB's in the league wouldn't have fared much better behind that line today.If you move most Qb's off of their spot like Carolina did today good things happen for your defense.Ryan isn't Rodgers and he needs a very solid O-line to give him time.He is what he was is but provided the right tools(protection and a good running game) he can get us where we want to be. Edited by Jpowers

Ive seen Aaron Rodgers running for his life and still he made things happen. Please show me a game where a so called elite QB had 2 int's returned for a touchdown and put a goose egg on the board? At some point, Mr 100 million dollar man has to elevate his teammates. If everything has to be perfect all the time for a QB to put up more than 3 points, we could go sign Brian Hoyer and save about 95 million for other positions.

Yes, every so often Rodgers' protection breaks down and he scrambles to make a play. But I've never seen him, or Brady, or Manning or ANYONE under the same sort of CONSTANT pressure Matt gets and be successful. Period.

Guest facelessman07

The best QB in the league Aaron Rodgers sucks when his line isn't blocking for him. Come on!! Matt was under duress on virtually every drop back today.

Actually Rodgers has been great even without a line

But he's in a class by himself

You've seen EVERY QB that faced heavy consistent pressure struggle and make poor decisions. You can't say that our Oline was competitive in the least today. You can't say that our defense played well either. The two pick six's and the other 2 picks they dropped were bad passes and I'll dog him as much as the next guy, but to pretend that our line Isn't an excuse would be a bit asinine.

Brady and Peyton are the most pressured QB's off all times They don't always have a perfect pocket. They have seen some of the most complex and creative blitzes by the best minds in football. They have some bad games......but they also have games where they absolutely make the defense pay for applying pressure. Once a Defense gets burned a few times guess what? They back off, they dial back pressure. What I am saying is that things are NOT ALWAYS going to be perfect for QB's in the NFL. The greats elevate their own player and in turn elevate their teammates. Matt is as good as what you give him.

This is absolutely true.The other thing that is true is that the elite QB's in the league wouldn't have fared much better behind that line today.If you move most Qb's off of their spot like Carolina did today good things happen for your defense.Ryan isn't Rodgers and he needs a very solid O-line to give him time.He is what he was is but provided the right tools(protection and a good running game) he can get us where we want to be.

You maybe correct but it sure is funny how people criticized Mike Vick for under performing with a bad offensive line but want to give Matt Ryan a pass in a similar situation.

This team showed no fight today and with everything on the line that speaks volumes about what type of players are in the locker room. It's time to clean house.

Matt Ryan was hit 18 times (sacked 6) & the Panthers defense notched 8 tackles for loss.

^Thank you for posting these numbers. It amazes me that these jackasses on this board think Ryan is the sole reason we lost this game and that our team sucks. Newsflash dumbasses no area on this team is good, not a one. If we had a "strength" on this team it QB & WRs, that's about it, but those positions succeed based on the o-line. And the fact that we don't have a viable run game makes us one dimensional and easy to game plan for. Stack onto of an already sh*t team, a inept coaching staff. A staff incapable of utilizing/evaluating talent correctly, or making half time adjustments, and that is a recipe for an absolute horror of a season.

Brady and Peyton are the most pressured QB's off all times They don't always have a perfect pocket. They have seen some of the most complex and creative blitzes by the best minds in football. They have some bad games......but they also have games where they absolutely make the defense pay for applying pressure. Once a Defense gets burned a few times guess what? They back off, they dial back pressure. What I am saying is that things are NOT ALWAYS going to be perfect for QB's in the NFL. The greats elevate their own player and in turn elevate their teammates. Matt is as good as what you give him.

Matt has been a great asset to this team, but he's had multiple poor performances in big games like this one. He was under pressure, but he didn't respond as an elite QB would respond. In fact, he just kept getting worse and worse. I would've liked to have seen a much higher quality performance from Matt, even with the pressure. He contributed to the loss instead of stopping the bleeding and rallying his offense and his team to make a comeback.

You maybe correct but it sure is funny how people criticized Mike Vick for under performing with a bad offensive line but want to give Matt Ryan a pass in a similar situation.

This team showed no fight today and with everything on the line that speaks volumes about what type of players are in the locker room. It's time to clean house.

Mike Vick never put in the work that Ryan has and he was also blessed with an unprecedented set of skills to deal with a subpar offensive line.Ryan doesn't hold a candle to Vicks physical abilities but he has a deeper understanding of football that Vick will never touch simply because of film study.Give Ryan the correct O-line and he will get the job done.

P.S. Vicks physical gifts are his downfall.A guy like that doesn't need to do the study or training that a physically limited guy like Ryan does he has to want to.Reference J.J. watt for a defensive comparison.

The game was a mixture of both the worst performance by the OL this season and some bad throws by Ryan.

Ryan deserves blame because he played badly along with the rest of the offense.

I also blame Roddy as for that fumble, that was a big WTF.

Altogether though, the entire team failed to show up despite knowing what was at stake. That was the most troubling thing taken from this game.

Matt has been a great asset to this team, but he's had multiple poor performances in big games like this one. He was under pressure, but he didn't respond as an elite QB would respond. In fact, he just kept getting worse and worse. I would've liked to have seen a much higher quality performance from Matt, even with the pressure. He contributed to the loss instead of stopping the bleeding and rallying his offense and his team to make a comeback.

agreed.

Let me just say for the record. Matt Ryan is a good QB. He has played admirably and I am glad to have him as our QB. But, to put blinders on and just act like he is always above criticism is just not in our best interests. He is approaching 30 and its time to stop coddling and assess his play as frankly as everyone else on the team. He has bad games and he has good games. Today was, to be blunt, a bad game when we needed it most out of our franchise QB

Edited by MikeSmithsNotepad

One of the first realistic criticisms of his performance I've seen tonight.The "elite" Qb's always seem to pull a play out of their ***** that nobody can explain.I don't know if Ryan is that guy but he is so freaking close.That play isn't something you can statisically identify but he seems to be missing it in big games unless everything is perfectly aligned but I still think he can get us there with the right team around him. Edited by Jpowers

This is Matt Ryan's own personal circle jerk. I want to know what other 100 million dollar athlete could have the back to back seasons that Matt's team had and the best and highest paid player be almost completely shielded from criticism? The man threw for 2 touchdowns (wrong team) and put up 3 points in what amounted to a elimination game. He is still absolved from any guilt. Great game Matt! Your the greatest! Everyone else sucks! The guy is like teflon. He has 4 or 5 pick 6's..........this year! Thats almost Joey Harrington level...still: Matt your the greatest! Everyone else's fault!

Well we could be in a situation like the Bears who paid Cutler $$$$$ and are thinking about eating that cash and start the QB search again..

Ryan had a shocker today much like the team.Ryan isn't shielded from criticism he just isn't the main problem on this team is all.

I dont think you realize Matt has adapted, his release time is 2.0 seconds flat, the fastest in the league. And that's all the time he's going to have in the pocket, so unless our receivers can run routs in under 2 seconds, he doesn't have a chance.

Can you imagine Ryan behind the Cowboys line?That running game and the pass pro....We can only dream. Edited by Jpowers

The Falcons are pretenders who are forced to create team mantras like in a dog fight, the process, explosive, tough etc.

Teams like Pittsburgh and New England will make trades, cut players, call out players in order to right the ship and represent their brand of football.

Falcons fans are left to rally around meaningless chants like "Rise UP" when the players and coaches are making the same stupid mistakes week after week.

Every player on the Falcons should be embarrassed for not showing up for the biggest home game of the season.