I Am Tired Of The O Line Excuses For Matty Ice

Why is there always an excuse for his play? "The line didn't block, wrs weren't open, plays were awful". Matt sucked yesterday and so did everyone else. Stop trying to exclude him from the disaster. He was part of the problem yesterday. Plain and Simple.

There are reasons and there are excuses.

That my friend is a legitimate reason and if you think otherwise then you didn't watch the game.

Do you think football is the ultimate team sport or just a team sport in general?

Edited by ATLFalcons11

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows Matt Ryan is not the 2nd coming of tom Brady or peyton manning but unless you can name a better option at qb for us next year than what does it really matter at this point? Dude is a very good but needs a strong run game and a solid defense to help him out just like every other qb in the league.

we actually went to the conference championship after the decline of Turner , a bad defense and an average line - we retooled the o line a year later and incurred massive injuries - which is how we started out this season also. Basically if we have a decent o line we have a chance . With a decent running game we have a good shot at a Superbowl. With an average defense we would be favorites to win it all.

Matt cant do it all . But no one else could overcome bad o line, no running game , and dead last defense. At that point you are throwing up prayers .

So what's the solution? Keep the o-line, start Renfree or Yates at QB? Trade Matt Ryan to Houston for Clowney. We can then go back to becoming a perennial 5-11 team. Pick high in the draft and maybe we'll be lucky to have the 1st or the 2nd pick in the draft and pick up a Jamarcus Russell 2.0 who will get killed his rookie year behind a porous O-Line.

I think the Texans would jump on that in a heart beat.

Thank you now was that so hard? How many times do I have to say I think Matt is an all around better qb than Cam. If i had a choose one of them behind a terrible line I think Cam would be better equipped than Matt to deal with that. With a good oline I'll take Matt.

It's not hard. It just didn't make sense to state what the whole knows and it was pointless.

There are reasons and there are excuses.

That my friend is a legitimate reason and if you think otherwise then you didn't watch the game.

Do you think football is the ultimate team sport or just a team sport in general?

Everyone knows its a team sport but this thread is about Ryan and the oline. So thats what I'm going to talk about.

Edited by Darkflight