I Am Tired Of The O Line Excuses For Matty Ice

Says we can but we don't run ball often enough- one dimensional

Check where we finished last two seasons in Rush atts

You don't get it. All you have to do is present the threat of running. We did that this year well enough for play action to work with sj and the midgets. That's 1316 yards RBBC and 10 td's. That equals one RB oroduction. Edited by TheFatboi

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent but still not effective, there are lies **** lies and statistics. Its the same Dunn conversation, sure the numbers were good but if the majority of runs result in 1 and 2 yards that isn't effective.

EVRY and I mean EVERY RB has one or two yard runs. I pkayed that position bro. Can't tell me about the running game at all. Present the stats id the top 10 rushers this season and I bet it matches that kind of oroduction. Edited by TheFatboi

You need to recheck your FACTS . Falcons were not up 14 when Ryan fumbled the snap

When you go recheck your facts . Come back with the right reply

You were right, I thought the fumble was earlier than what it was....

But that still does not change the facts how you are trying to twist it into some how its Ryan's fault. Ryan was just shy of 400 yards and had over a 70% completion percentage... he put his offense skill position players into position to make plays and they failed.

Cam made a couple bad chooses but we did not make him pay for them.. Cam had less than 200 yards total offense

You putting everything on Ryan is again incredibly stupid and people like you are why our fan base get such a bad rap.

You don't get it. All you have to do is present the threat of running. We did that this year well enough for play action to work with sj and the midgets. That's 1316 yards RBBC and 10 td's. That equals one RB oroduction.

I get it fairly well . We're arguing over semantics . We are not a running team. Carolina was not afraid of run game now or ever. They would be able to dominate line of scrimmage no matter what and play 7 back cause they fear our passing attack more. Us not having Sjax didn't matter. Us not getting behind didn't matter . We executed poorly and made mistakes .

Our PRIZED QB MADE MISTAKES AND HURT OUR TEAMS CHANCES

EVRY and I mean EVERY RB has one or two yard runs. I pkayed that position bro. Can't tell me about the running game at all. Present the stats id the top 10 rushers this season and I bet it matches that kind of oroduction.

I know you're a washed up football player many are, it doesn't matter the oline has been letting running backs get mauled in the back field too much to be a real effective part of the team.

You were right, I thought the fumble was earlier than what it was....

But that still does not change the facts how you are trying to twist it into some how its Ryan's fault. Ryan was just shy of 400 yards and had over a 70% completion percentage... he put his offense skill position players into position to make plays and they failed.

Cam made a couple bad chooses but we did not make him pay for them.. Cam had less than 200 yards total offense

You putting everything on Ryan is again incredibly stupid and people like you are why our fan base get such a bad rap.

Of course I was right . Glad you admitted that. So back to my point

The fumble was CRUCIAL

Right now the list by stats is:

1. Drew Brees playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = yes

2. Ben Roth playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = ???

3. And Luck playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = ???

4. Peyton Mann playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = yes

5. Matt Ryan playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = ???

6. Eli Manning playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = ???

7. Aaron Rogers playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = yes

8. Phillip Rivers playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = ???

9. Matt Staff playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = ???

10. Tom Brady playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = yes

so the top 10 has 4 Elites, some close calls, 6 teams in the playoffs.

seems odd our NON elite QB, who had no OL is 5th, and wait, is better than Rogers and Brady???

also seems odd, out of all 10 teams, the 4 not in the playoffs had some of the worst OL's, worst Def's, major injuries, poor coaching...blah blah.

not sure what Matt needs to accomplish to be Elite, winning a superbowl ring? Then the questions will be is one ring Enough?

please point out the one statistical issue Matt has, that is making us lose these games? 14 Int's? he would be 5th in the top 10.

the one stat that always appears for Matt is sacks ( ranked 3rd in the top 10 ), hurries, and no running game to speak of.

31 sacks for 201 yards lost for the year. cant find a legit site for hurries, but we all know its going to be insane number.

Running game, LOL...which back you want the stats of.

I answered that question. And I'm not angry at all believe me. You're just saying stuff that has no relevance really. Like I said. Cam was sacked 38 times so obviously what you're talking about doesn't even matter. He didn't avoid pressure 38 times. Lol. He was sacked more than Ryan.

Okay cool so you're refusing to answer the question. I'll make it simpler for you. If four guys are coming after the qb and one gets through...If you had to bet your life on one of those qbs avoiding that guy and still making something happen which one would it be? This is not about the season, or defenses, and wrs just that isolated scenario. Again I believe Matt is a better all around qb than Cam so this is not about Cam being better than Matt.

Ryan played a excellent game vs 49ers ? Ohh a int and a crucial fumble is playing excellent plus having ball in his hands with 2 mins left and not coming through is excellent ?

Give it up man. They only look at QBRs, yards,etc. Those interceptions don't mean anything as long as Matt's completion percentage was good.

I know you're a washed up football player many are, it doesn't matter the oline has been letting running backs get mauled in the back field too much to be a real effective part of the team.

I'm not washed up at all. Washed up is a player still playing. Get us sh!t right? Tha f*ck?!! And the running game was still effective regardless of what you think. I can pull up most of the backs in the leagues stuff records and they will look similar. If you carry a 4.0 average then you can run the ball. Period. We're a passing team. Our running game is just as effective as anybidys. The problem is we didn't run enough when we should have. That's it.

Okay cool so you're refusing to answer the question. I'll make it simpler for you. If four guys are coming after the qb and one gets through...If you had to bet your life on one of those qbs avoiding that guy and still making something happen which one would it be? This is not about the season, or defenses, and wrs just that isolated scenario. Again I believe Matt is a better all around qb than Cam so this is not about Cam being better than Matt.

You can't really answer that because Matt can avoid one guy bro. Be real. He avoids one guy a lot. And by avoiding it could me he got rid of the ball where cam ran. You're spinning wheels. If it comes to running the whoke world knows cam can run away from somebody. But like I said he didn't avoid 38 sacks so your arguement has no merit.

Right now the list by stats is:

1. Drew Brees playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = yes

2. Ben Roth playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = ???

3. And Luck playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = ???

4. Peyton Mann playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = yes

5. Matt Ryan playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = ???

6. Eli Manning playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = ???

7. Aaron Rogers playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = yes

8. Phillip Rivers playoffs = NO - considering to be elite = ???

9. Matt Staff playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = ???

10. Tom Brady playoffs = Yes - considering to be elite = yes

so the top 10 has 4 Elites, some close calls, 6 teams in the playoffs.

seems odd our NON elite QB, who had no OL is 5th, and wait, is better than Rogers and Brady???

also seems odd, out of all 10 teams, the 4 not in the playoffs had some of the worst OL's, worst Def's, major injuries, poor coaching...blah blah.

not sure what Matt needs to accomplish to be Elite, winning a superbowl ring? Then the questions will be is one ring Enough?

please point out the one statistical issue Matt has, that is making us lose these games? 14 Int's? he would be 5th in the top 10.

the one stat that always appears for Matt is sacks ( ranked 3rd in the top 10 ), hurries, and no running game to speak of.

31 sacks for 201 yards lost for the year. cant find a legit site for hurries, but we all know its going to be insane number.

Running game, LOL...which back you want the stats of.

Where's Romo and Flacco and Wilson? I have Matt Ryan @ 12 (the decision making drops him down a lot)

You can't really answer that because Matt can avoid one guy bro. Be real. He avoids one guy a lot. And by avoiding it could me he got rid of the ball where cam ran. You're spinning wheels. If it comes to running the whoke world knows cam can run away from somebody. But like I said he didn't avoid 38 sacks so your arguement has no merit.

Okay your love for Matt is too strong for you to answer the question.

Again. Wrong about me. I'm a falcons fan. Im behind whoever is the qb. Whether it's Vick, Chandler, Ryan, Cam, Manning, Bartkowski etc...You got me all wrong. I ain't no matt Ryan fanboy. When he f*cks I'm the first to call him out. You just ain't presenting a real argument because Cam was sacked more than Ryan. Explain how that works if he avoids rushers so much? That's why I'm not saying yes or no to that unanswerable question. I'm about knowledge of the game and real discussion.

Cam sacked 9 times against philly. 4 times against NO. 4 against minny. 4 against Detroit.

Matt Ryan sacked 4 times against chi. 5 against Balt. 6 against Carolina.

Those are both most sacked games with at least 4 sacks. Cam has more. So again, that question you ask has no weight at all being that cam has more 4+ sack games than Ryan. With all his avoidance.

hes too soft man .. he crumbles like a cookie under

Cam sacked 9 times against philly. 4 times against NO. 4 against minny. 4 against Detroit.

Matt Ryan sacked 4 times against chi. 5 against Balt. 6 against Carolina.

Those are both most sacked games with at least 4 sacks. Cam has more. So again, that question you ask has no weight at all being that cam has more 4+ sack games than Ryan. With all his avoidance.

I'm not looking for a bunch of stats. My eyes tell me who's better at avoiding a defender/sack. By the way I'm talking about physically avoiding a sack and making something happen. Ryan has a notoriously quick release which allows him to "avoid" sacks. Now even if he throws a dart to quizz who's 4 yards pin front off him and isn't going anywhere (happened at least 3 times that I remember in that game). I'm talking about making a play when a defender is harassing you. Rodgers, Russell, Cam, and several others are better than Ryan at getting out of those situations. Doesn't mean they are better qbs just better at that particular aspect of the game. Why is this so hard to admit? Some qbs throw harder than others. Some are better at throws down the field. Some are better scramblers than others. These are just facts. I don't need stats to show you that.

Edited by Darkflight

From an opponents perspective.......

When I look at the schedule and see Denver, I think "Crap, I hope we can contain Manning."

When I look at the schedule and see the Green Bay, I think "I sure hope Rogers doesn't pass for 4 TD's against us."

When I look at the schedule and see New England, I think, "we HAVE to find a way to disrupt Tom Brady."

When I look at the schedule and see Atlanta, my first thought isn't, "We have to figure out a way stop Matt Ryan". I'm not trying to troll you guys but Ryan doesn't worry any team with a decent pass rush. He's skittish under pressure and will start making errand throws when he's trying to do too much. He's a solid QB but I wouldn't call him elite until your opponents worry about finding a way to stop him.

I'm not looking for a bunch of stats. My eyes tell me who's better at avoiding a defender/sack. By the way I'm talking about physically avoiding a sack and making something happen. Ryan has a notoriously quick release which allows him to "avoid" sacks. Now even if he throws a dart to quizz who's 4 yards pin front off him and isn't going anywhere (happened at least 3 times that I remember in that game). I'm talking about making a play when a defender is harassing you. Rodgers, Russell, Cam, and several others are better than Ryan at getting out of those situations. Doesn't mean they are better qbs just better at that particular aspect of the game. Why is this so hard to admit? Some qbs throw harder than others. Some are better at throws down the field. Some are better scramblers than others. These are just facts. I don't need stats to show you that.

Physically the whole world knows Cam can escape better than Ryan. He can also escaoe better than all the top qb's. That still doesn't equate to winning. At some point you gotta beat your opponent with your arm. There will always be a defense that stop Cam from running and force him to beat them thru the air. They finally went back to the read option and that's the best fit for him. It ain't hard to admit. I'm just wondering why does that matter? Cam won 6 games. Matt won 7. They both have differnt styles but id still rather have Ryan as the qb. Fix the line and get back to running the ball. And field a defense that can get off the field on 3rd down.

Physically the whole world knows Cam can escape better than Ryan. He can also escaoe better than all the top qb's. That still doesn't equate to winning. At some point you gotta beat your opponent with your arm. There will always be a defense that stop Cam from running and force him to beat them thru the air. They finally went back to the read option and that's the best fit for him. It ain't hard to admit. I'm just wondering why does that matter? Cam won 6 games. Matt won 7. They both have differnt styles but id still rather have Ryan as the qb. Fix the line and get back to running the ball. And field a defense that can get off the field on 3rd down.

Thank you now was that so hard? How many times do I have to say I think Matt is an all around better qb than Cam. If i had a choose one of them behind a terrible line I think Cam would be better equipped than Matt to deal with that. With a good oline I'll take Matt.