Quarterback

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate Mike Smith.

He's a bad head coach. Everyone knows it including him. But he should've been fired after last season and he wasn't. He looks tired and completely out of touch. It falls on Blank for not making a change sooner. Smith has handled all the criticism respectfully and won't make any noise on his way out. But when it's time, it's time.

Edited by FalconTough

Time is up. Goes out with the dignity of that interview but not much else with the teams performance.

I hope he finds success in future ventures and can maybe step back and enjoy being with his family and looking after himself health wise. The bloke is absolutely spent.

absolutely true

Sad part is it's not just Mike Smith look at all the players we let go look at the running back we cut it never replaced look at our depth on the offense line and defense line he's like a whipping boy I know he likes to play conservative he likes field goals he likes the run the ball they got rid of malarkey and bring the new coaches that want to throw the ball throw the ball throw the ball we have no running game. But it's like Mike Smith is just out there like a politician But he does need to go he doesn't stand up for what I think he really believes.

Edited by O D B

Poor guy. Was/still am pissed but sucks to see him just getting picked apart.

BTW can someone explain how this loss was attributed to talent? We beat this team earlier this year. What monster signing did they make? Our OLine had been playing better, we lost SJax but replaced him with two capable backs, the defense had been playing better too. Yet we got the worst *** beating I've ever seen this team take. That's coaching.

Edited by HEIST

I don't hold any ill will toward Smitty. I think he was just spent. He gave 100% in his first years and it left him depleted. Some one on this board mentioned that John Madden spoke about about how 5 years is the longest you should be a head coach in the NFL. There are exceptions but I can think of plenty of examples where a coach looked good for a few years and then went to pot.

I wish him luck but I just wish him luck with another team.