Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Arthur Blank Needs To Look In The Mirror

10 posts in this topic

I've been saying this for a while but Arthur Blank needs to look in the mirror. He's a part of the problem. He needs to take a long hard look at himself and the flaws he has when it comes to his decision making on the hiring and firing he's done and the other decisions he's responsible for. Why are the Falcons about to be on their fourth head coach in the 12 years since Arthur Blank has been owner? Why are his coaches failing him? The Falcons could also be looking at their fourth general manager since Blank has been running the show. Again, why are his GM's failing him? Why despite the coaching and general manager changes to the Falcons continue to fall short of becoming a Super Bowl quality franchise? Why do they continue to have the same identity issues on the field despite changes to coaches and GM's?

Not really, unless he is interfering too much in personnel decisions. If our obsession on offensive skilled positions at the expense of the trenches has come from Blank, then he does have some serious thinking to do.

Fans on here need to have a sensible sense of perspective both on their future expectations and evaluating past accomplishments. It is extremely difficulty to win titles in the NFL. There are 31 other teams out there who are as desparate to win and committed to doing so as we are, with fanbases who gave just as much right to win as we do. The cap and draft are designed to create parity, and prevent you from getting an edge by spending more money, or snapping up all the best young talent. The CBA micromanage the amount of preparation you can do - so you can't even get an advantage by preparing longer and harder in the off-season. The draft and free agency are also a lottery. Every team in the NFL spends millions of $ on evaluating pro and college personnel, yet there are as many (if not more) draft and free agent busts as there are steals every season.

The reality, is that Winning is tough, the margins between success and failure are wafer thin and you need luck to do it. The law of averages say that a team should win a title every 32 years, yet fans expect and demand it every year. If our new GM/HC doesn't have a title in 2-3 years, the fans will soon have their flaming pitchforks out for the next regime as well, even though the odds of them doing so are severely against them. I happen to believe that continuity is VERY important becuase it takes time to build a good team, and you gave to be willing to handle ups and downs. This regime talked about "the process" and it's a very apt term. Success isn't instant. It takes time and the process can take many many years. Changing GM's and coaches every 3 years is not conducive to success. If anything, the constant change severely reduces your chances of success. A good owner should hire good people, be patient and give them time.

I think Arthur Blank is a lot more hands on than people think. I fully believe he was at the forefront of the Julio Jones trade. Blank needs to hire good football and get out of the way. Take a lesson from Robert Kraft. Stop coming down to the field during games. Even Jerry Jones has stopped doing that.

Also I believe keeping Thomas Dimitroff on board is a mistake because its clear he has no clue what good talent at OL and DL looks like.

I think Arthur Blank is a lot more hands on than people think. I fully believe he was at the forefront of the Julio Jones trade. Blank needs to hire good football and get out of the way. Take a lesson from Robert Kraft. Stop coming down to the field during games. Even Jerry Jones has stopped doing that.

Also I believe keeping Thomas Dimitroff on board is a mistake because its clear he has no clue what good talent at OL and DL looks like.

Well they've apparently taken away his scounting and drafting duties and left him with salary cap management right? We've been in good shape in terms of salary cap every year hes been here IIRC.

Well they've apparently taken away his scounting and drafting duties and left him with salary cap management right? We've been in good shape in terms of salary cap every year hes been here IIRC.

Well it's not because he hasn't tried with the deals he's given to guys like Michael Jenkins, Justin Blalock, Chauncey Davis, Ray Edwards and Sam Baker.

Every team misses on deals. At the time they were signed, the only questionable one was for Baker, who only had one season of solid production.

They were all very questionable at the time. Very few praised TD on those deals.