I Loved The Timing Of Arthur Blank's Decision. Finally A Falcon Owner Is Tired Of Losing....

gafalcon1

I dont understand the negative comments in the media about what arthur did today. The falcons been in atlanta 40 plus years with ZERO championships. WHAT is everybody waiting on?????? It was a power flex move by blank and i LOVE IT. It was a statement that arthur understands that even if atlanta won today, they are losing tomorrow. The team needs to be taken apart in the coaching and front office department and rebuilt from the ground up with a PHYSICAL football team. Arthur has always shown that he isnt in it for short term wins. He wants that ultimate chip.

Again, and ive said it, if you asked arthur about the offense, i dont think he has a problem with dirk koetter. His problem is how the lines have been built on both sides and the lack of athletes at the linebacker position. No matter how many weapons you have at receiver, runningback, etc a good DEFENSE and good line play is what wins ballgames..

it was also a message to the players. blank knows what he is doing.

Edited by atlbenz

What?? It was ridiculous..

If you insist on giving the coach the entire year in order for him to prove himself, then why drop this info before the biggest game of the year that could lead to a playoff game??

THe fact that Smitty was on the hot seat is motivation in it self - he knew he had to win.. By dropping this turd on smith before the game, Blank just removed all incentive for Smitty to coach for his job!!

If Smith and company threw the game because it leaked that Blank had retained the services of a firm specializing in coaching searches, then none of them deserve to coach in the NFL. You want to say if Blank leaked it, that was bush league? What about pouting and throwing the game because of it?

(responding to Falc Fan Since...)

Leaked info or not, Smith was fortunate to keep his job after trashing two games, DIRECTLY. Then you see how he's a defensive coach and the defense is ranked 31st. You also see the dramatic fall off in the 2nd half and you KNOW your being out-coached (lack of half time adj). He'll never be a head coach again.

If Smith and company threw the game because it leaked that Blank had retained the services of a firm specializing in coaching searches, then none of them deserve to coach in the NFL. You want to say if Blank leaked it, that was bush league? What about pouting and throwing the game because of it?

I'm just saying that if I was in a darned if I do darned if I don't situation I might just well say "eff it....whatever!" Tell me you wouldn't...that's just human nature.

No way do i think he threw the game but it is inexplicable that we played as physical on the road in NO and then laid down the way we did today.

It was a classless move by a classless owner.

4 coaches, 4 GMs, tons of coordinators and still no closer to that Lombardi.

Smart people start looking at the owner.

No way do i think he threw the game but it is inexplicable that we played as physical on the road in NO and then laid down the way we did today.

It's not inexplicable at all. It's status quo... Carolina has a more physical team than we do. To think anything else but today's outcome was possible WITHOUT making any changes is Smith's philosophy to a "T" For some reason, he thought we could come out and do something we could not do... line up and beat Carolina man to man. Shame on you, Smitty, for not making any changes to your stale old gameplan on the biggest game of your career.

Here's something interesting. If we hired people to decide if we need head guys.... wouldn't it take more than a day? Weren't they just hired today? So if he gets the axe tomorrow its fair to assume they were hired awhile ago and if we did just hire them today I doubt we make changes any time soon.

Meh...they were 6-10. Had the division not been on the line would you care? He told Reeves before the season ended with 4 games left. Reeves threw a tantrum and walked out. If you can't win then you get fired. Smith had several years to prove himself. This year was an extra shot and he blew it.