Matt Ryan

Bleed-Black&Red

So what would be easier, finding and paying a new franchise QB that could win with this line, or building a line that could protect a franchise QB for 3 seconds?

Follow the money...all our money is invested in the Offense. Matt Ryan takes up a lot of cap space. Restructure his contract to $80 Million to "buy" him some protection and a good RB. Invest in the Defense (BTW it's not my money)

Edited by AlphaOmega

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He played like **** today and made terrible decision after terrible decision. 3rd and long, down by 3 scores with the season on the line and he's checking down to our awful TE on a 2 yard out route. Risk aversion is such a huge part of his DNA now that I'm not sure he's fixable.

That's all that was open.you do realize that the defense was just sitting on routes cause it takes their front 4! Just 1.2 seconds to get to him cause the oline is complete ****? Or you are an idiot?

Edited by Califalcon0013

You know what's funny? Only Falcons fans hate Matt Ryan. Everyone all over the league hates Rodgers, Brady, Cutler, Romo, Rivers etc etc for being ******* pricks. But not Ryan. He is respected by literally everyone except his own fans.

I'm only speaking for me, but I don't HATE Matt. I'm just disappointed and expect to be disappointed in big games and big moments if he's QB'ing. Granted, it's not a good situation to be in for a fan but after 7 seasons, that's where I am. At the end of the day, the ONLY thing I want before I die is to see a Lombardi trophy hoisted at Flowery Branch and I just don't have any trust that MR can get it done. So disappointed, resigned yes....HATE no

Follow the money...all our money is invested in the Offense. Matt Ryan takes up a lot of cap space. Restructure his contract to $80 Million to "buy" him some protection and a good RB. Invest in the Defense (BTW it's not my money)

Ryan isn't even making a crazy amount of money for a QB. Less than Kaep, Dalton, Cutler and Romo. The Falcons also kept around 8 mil in unused cap space. Your point is literally moot. Very dumb of you.

I'm only speaking for me, but I don't HATE Matt. I'm just disappointed and expect to be disappointed in big games and big moments if he's QB'ing. Granted, it's not a good situation to be in for a fan but after 7 seasons, that's where I am. At the end of the day, the ONLY thing I want before I die is to see a Lombardi trophy hoisted at Flowery Branch and I just don't have any trust that MR can get it done. So disappointed, resigned yes....HATE no

I just dont get why its such a knee jerk reaction to blame the QB. The Falcons werent winning today with Marino at the helm.

So what would be easier, finding and paying a new franchise QB that could win with this line, or building a line that could protect a franchise QB for 3 seconds?

The problem is both may be equally difficult because there is so much money tied up in Ryan. Matt Ryan it the Joe Johnson of the Falcons. Although he is decent, he is nowhere near as good to deserve his max contract. That contract is what has killed the Falcons the past two year and for many years to come unless the Falcons get a genious GM and scouting team who can find fantastic rookies on the cheap. Max Ryan is taking too much of the payroll.

If he were Peyton, Brady or Rodgers, then the talent is worth the money and can overcome shortcomings. But, it should be obvious that Ryan is not in that class. Yet, his contract is.

Yeah so his 20+ game winning drives mean nothing right

He's shown what he can do with TIME. This week, he had no time. Get over yourself.

The guy is right, Matt is not a good QB under pressure. But so is Peyton and Brady. Seven years and we still haven't built a decent OL and DL. Dimitroff, Smitty and whoever else is invoived in player selection ALL NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!

There are very few quarterback that can do anything without a running back I could only think of two Peyton Manning andAaron Rodgers. You see how good Tony Romo Ben Rothlisberger Tom Brady Russell Wilson are when the running game is going. Matt Ryan has a running back that's my size 5'7" not even 200 pounds that won't work in the NFL

Edited by O D B