RYNE

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another angle.

If he knew we weren't keeping him, why didn't you fire him after detroit? Clearly his coaching after those games made no difference to blank.

Why do you do it know at the worst possible time? If you fired him then, we wouldn't be in this win and your in crap. We'd be in already.

I have mixed feelings on Smitty. Part of me wants him canned because of the Lions and Browns' games. He lost both of them for us, without doubt. At the same time I the 5-3 run he's got the team playing very well.

But TD, has provided talent. Get out of herewith bad drafts. The roster he's given smith has talent..smith just didn't use many of them early on. Point out the 5th misses all day, but you can say that on all GMs.

This move screams "meddling owner." A really top notch GM needs freedom and power to run the team effectively. That means they need to be able to hire the head coach.

You can't undermine them by bringing in "consultants" and "search firms." That's the owner taking away the power a good GM needs. Micromanaging, undercutting, lack of trust, etc.

If TD is staying, then let him hire the next coach. If you don't believe he can do that, fire his azz and get a good GM (which is what we need to do anyway). Either way, the owner coming in with a "search firm" is badly dysfunctional.

That's crazy. If you read between the lines a little TD sounds like he is gone as well, otherwise wouldn't he be looking for the new HC?

Sounds like Blank is cleaning house entirely

Blank absolutely needs to clean house.

Smitty favortism, is a Disaster, and his constant meddling with the

OC's job and DC is a terminal failure.

TD

He cant manage the flow of player personel nor can he recruit

good coaches,,, or Trainers.

Rich McKay

He handles the Contracts and Salary Cap.

Sam Baker /Case Closed

Arthur Blank

Did you owe somebody money from the AFL ?

So you settled the tab by paying his son??

Pretty f'kn obvious dont you think?

Guest facelessman07

But why should we even be looking for a new coach when Smith has been so good the last few weeks?? I even saw him hug a player!

Blank, you are a smart man

Yeah it is a Jon Gruden D**K Move,, but if that's what it takes then so be it.

Blank is simply trying to power his way out of his Julio blunder.

Immediate Gratification Disorder (@Supes)

So all of this Chit over the past two seasons boils down to today.

Bad Coaching, bad player personnel management, impatient owner.

Pedigree Poodles

Guest Negatorris

Luckily Blank isn't thinking like these flip flopping fans who suddenly want to keep Smith because he swept a terrible Aints team. Everyone wanted him gone the week prior though. Smith is the biggest reason the Falcons haven't clinched the division yet.

Black Monday looms, which coaches are in danger of being fired?

By Frank Schwab 44 minutes ago Shutdown Corner

Some NFL coaches go into Week 17 with hopes of grabbing an open playoff spot and extending their season. Other coaches wonder if Week 17 might be their last game before getting fired.

For Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith, it’s probably both.

The disappointing Falcons are still alive to win the NFC South, because the entire division has been bad. The 6-9 Falcons play the 6-8-1 Carolina Panthers, and the winner takes the NFC South crown. So Smith could be preparing for a playoff game on Monday, or cleaning out his office. There has been plenty of speculation that he’ll be fired if he doesn’t win, and ESPN reported that the Falcons have already hired the search firm Korn Ferry to identify possible head-coaching candidates. No pressure, Mike. In fact, Smith might need to win a playoff game to save his job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/black-monday-looms--which-coaches-are-in-danger-of-being-fired--161408589.html

But people on TATAF said Blank would keep Smitty after the Falcons beat NO. Smitty is done in Atlanta unless he makes the NFCCG. And he might be gone even if that happens

fire both of them

If we make the NFCCG with the start we had and the lack of marquee players on defense, and the injuries to our OL, Smitty deserves coach of the year.

Just plain fkng dumb for this to come out today, it could not wait another 18 hours ? Sometimes I really wonder about Arty, I was feeling really pumped for the game, now after seeing this BS I feel like we gonna lose .....sad.png

Arrogance and Contempt.

The Falcons are simply a business arrangement between The City of Atlanta

and Arthur Blank.

The goal is to sell out all games because the Parking, Concession, and Transportation

revenues go to the City.

So as this is business, the Goal is Not you as a fan.

It is you as a fan with Money to donate to the City and to Arthur Blank! Period.

Go to Chi, Pitt, GB, NE.

They cater to the Game and the FAN First,, because all else follows.

Now you know what has angered me as a fan of the NFL.

For 53 years now I have followed the NFL,, and this is the worst of the worst

because we ha a good team under bad ownership and management.

Luckily Blank isn't thinking like these flip flopping fans who suddenly want to keep Smith because he swept a terrible Aints team. Everyone wanted him gone the week prior though. Smith is the biggest reason the Falcons haven't clinched the division yet.

You left out TD, McKay and Neibel.

what's the difference between before the bye week and the most important game of the season

So let me get this straight.

Everybody has been begging for Smitty to get fired all year and even pinned a thread on this board calling for his job. Now that the time has come for him to get canned everyone is now upset that Blank is looking for a new coach. Never mind that everyone and their mama including Smith know that hes getting fired barring a SB appearance.

This news isnt just coming out before this game... its been out.

Edited by FentayeJones