Serious Question

atljbo

Absolutely not. Its not like he is the only pass rusher in free agency. If we did I would not be mad, but i would prefer several other people before him.

He's the best pass rusher likely to hit the market. He was dominant last season. 15 sacks and a pro bowl. Imagine how much our defense would benefit from a guy like that.

Do I condone what he did? No. It's a scummy move. But somebody is going to pick him up and get one **** of a player and our defense has been so bad that I believe we are at the stage where we can no longer afford to dismiss those who aren't community champions.

Ray Lewis, Ben Roethlisberger, Brandon Marshall... Great players who have done terrible things, but continued to be great players.

He's the best pass rusher likely to hit the market. He was dominant last season. 15 sacks and a pro bowl. Imagine how much our defense would benefit from a guy like that.

Do I condone what he did? No. It's a scummy move. But somebody is going to pick him up and get one **** of a player and our defense has been so bad that I believe we are at the stage where we can no longer afford to dismiss those who aren't community champions.

Ray Lewis, Ben Roethlisberger, Brandon Marshall... Great players who have done terrible things, but continued to be great players.

He is the best hand in the dirt pass rusher yeah, but we may not be looking for that. And his attitude kind of rubs me the wrong way. He is nothing like Brandon Marshall. Thats a guy who has completely changed his life and his attitude and has shown total remorse for his actions. I don't get that same feel from Hardy.

I'd rather go after a guy who will probably be cheaper (JPP, Brandon Graham) than him. And Graham would be a bonus because he has experience standing up rushing the passer.

We can agree about the defensive end vs. outside linebacker thing. What's to say that Hardy WON'T turn his life round, though?

Marshall is a good guy now, but there was a time where he was a character risk. Ray Lewis definitely was.

I'm not saying he won't, but thats a gamble. What's to say that Hardy WILL turn his life around? Just my opinion that we shouldn't target him because of the gamble that he is when you have other guys available and maybe even cheaper. Unless he is willing to play on a 1 year deal.

or you could end paying him big money, just for him to sit on the suspended list, like the Panthers just did...