Could The Falcon Wrs Corps Keep Dgb In Line?

Falcanuck

Dorial Green-Beckham is a monster with infinite potential. Downside is he is somewhat of a head case.

I believe Roddy, Julio, Hester and HD would do a marvelous job of making this kid act like a pro. 4 vets all extremely successful in their own right are hard to ignore. If DGB could manage to play to his potential, the thought of Julio and him on the outside gives me shivers.

I say trade up to early 3rd/late second for this guy.

I figured DGB would play one season at Oklahoma. But I would love for Atlanta to draft him in the 3rd. Wouldn't want to trade up though

Apparently he's strongly considering entering the draft and I figure he wont drop all the way down the 3rd and a team like the Jets may scoop him up at the top.

What if we grab pass rushers in FA do we still need to go there in the 1st round then it'll leave Maponga & Mass as the depth.

If we went in that direction this would open the draft right up for us.

We need 2 pass rushers. We need a dominant guy who can draw double teams, but then we also need a supplementary guy who can stop the run and take advantage of teams who pay too much attention to the other guy.

We need 2 pass rushers. We need a dominant guy who can draw double teams, but then we also need a supplementary guy who can stop the run and take advantage of teams who pay too much attention to the other guy.

That's why i said the possibility of getting 2 guys in FA alleviates the need to go draft a guy.

As the guy you get from the draft in most cases won't be that guy and as mentioned in my previous post opens up the draft.

That's why i said the possibility of getting 2 guys in FA alleviates the need to go draft a guy.

As the guy you get from the draft in most cases won't be that guy and as mentioned in my previous post opens up the draft.

I'd be ecstatic if we could land Brandon Graham and Pernell McPhee, but I don't see it as very likely to actually happen.

I'd be ecstatic if we could land Brandon Graham and Pernell McPhee, but I don't see it as very likely to actually happen.

Why not TD showed his hand last off season and spent $$$$ on DT's I don't see that as an issue as all as long as he lands his guy that they no doubt have as a target.I like you are hoping for 2.

I like McGhee or Pernell as either or options because they are not double digit sack guys...I want 1 DD guy plus one of those two!! I would love Vic Beasley in the right situation!

"double digit sack guys" wouldn't be double digit sack guys if they had as many snaps as McPhee and Graham had this past season.

Brandon Graham had 213 pass rush snaps all season. 6 sacks, 8 hits, 37 hurries.

Pernell McPhee had 351 pass rush snaps all season. 6 sacks, 20 hits, 33 hurries.

Those guys combined for 564 pass rush snaps, and in those combined snaps they got 12 sacks, 28 hits and 70 hurries.

Justin Houston this season has had 426 pass rush snaps. 19 sacks, 8 hits, 53 hurries.

Now...if all you're worried about is SACKS, Houston is your guy, but he's also going to draw top dollar.

If you look at just overall productivity as far as affecting the QB, give me the two guys who "aren't double digit sack guys" but pressure the QB one out of every four snaps over the dude who's doing it once every 5-6 plays and will be getting paid $15m/yr if not more.

I'd be cool with him in the 2nd too, I just know that's a little too rich for most people's blood around here.

Its not that, I just think we could better improve the team by drafting at a position we don't already have a top 5 player at. WR is already arguably our best position, and look how well that is working out for us with no defense, depth in the trenches or a running game.

Any other year, probably.

Right now? No.

I think we need to spend our top 2 picks on nitty gritty guys. Pass rushers, dlineman, olineman, a two way TE.

I'm also just not a big fan of high WR picks. Look at a lot of the best WRs who were high picks. Their teams aren't that good. Take Bryant for example. He's been tremendous for a few years but his team sucked until they got big up front and decided to run the ball.

Get me a WR or two after the 4th round. We have our do it all guy already. We just need another guy who can run routes, get open, and make catches. A Sanders or tate type.

Any other year, probably.

Right now? No.

I think we need to spend our top 2 picks on nitty gritty guys. Pass rushers, dlineman, olineman, a two way TE.

I'm also just not a big fan of high WR picks. Look at a lot of the best WRs who were high picks. Their teams aren't that good. Take Bryant for example. He's been tremendous for a few years but his team sucked until they got big up front and decided to run the ball.

Get me a WR or two after the 4th round. We have our do it all guy already. We just need another guy who can run routes, get open, and make catches. A Sanders or tate type.

I don't disagree with this. In fact I think this would be the smartest route. It's just hard to pass up on a 6'6 4.40 guy that would be in a position to succeed on the Falcons :(