Our Future Is Tied To 60 Minutes Of Football!

TrufantIsland

In my oppinion, there are two scenarios.

1. We win, go to the play-offs and since we've played win-or-go-home games since NO's we'll RiseUp and go to the divisional rounds.

Smitty will be extented and so on.

2. We lose: Smitty, TD, Nolan, Armstrong and possibly Koetter are all fired. We go down a road where we need at least 2 season to get back in shape in order to compete.

Unless we win a SB.

Seriously, a championship? Be realistic. The team, as it stands, does not have SB personnel. If Smitty can get this team to win in the first round of the PO's and perform well in the second, then I think he should stay.

Injuries have decimated the OL and is affecting the secondary. I won't excuse Smitty for his stupid gaffes, but if he can rally, he should be given the helm one more season.

Guest Negatorris

Seriously, a championship? Be realistic. The team, as it stands, does not have SB personnel. If Smitty can get this team to win in the first round of the PO's and perform well in the second, then I think he should stay.

Injuries have decimated the OL and is affecting the secondary. I won't excuse Smitty for his stupid gaffes, but if he can rally, he should be given the helm one more season.

Smith is gone and he deserves it. Too stubborn to change. He's gotta go.

If we make a playoff run, it won't be because of Smith, it will be despite him.

Things that concern me about this game:

1. The Panthers winning the opening coin toss, electing to receive and scoring on their first offensive drive of the game, whether it's 3 or 6 points.

2. The Falcons defense allowing Newton to break contain on critical 3rd down possessions resulting in sustained drives.

3. Screen passes to Williams and/or Stewart.

4. Olsen on 3rd downs.

5. Will the Falcons D-line match the physicality of the Panthers O-line?

1. The Panthers winning the opening coin toss, electing to receive and scoring on their first offensive drive of the game, whether it's 3 or 6 points.

2. The Falcons defense allowing Newton to break contain on critical 3rd down possessions resulting in sustained drives.

4. Olsen on 3rd downs.

I agree with all of this. One thing I will say is last game Olsen would have had a huge if cam wasn't forced to overthrow him on at least 6 or 7 passes and Lowery played great defense on him. Hopefully we get a repeat of that. Pretty sure someone is gonna find a way to disagree with that but it's true.

4. Olsen on 3rd downs.

Good post banker! I think the key is pressuring Cam and making him very uncomfortable in the pocket.

Give Jim Harbough this team and were easily a 10 to 11 win club. dmo_dlo is right this team doesn't win because of Smith but in spite of him. Were wasting Ryan's prime years with this passive idiotic coach. If after 7 years of head coaching experience you can't handle clock management then you're never gonna get it. I just don't understand why some posters on here wanna keep that worthless piece chit as Head Coach just because he's undefeated in one of the historically worst divisions in NFL history and don't give me that Cardinals game win they DID NOT have their starting QB, if Palmer had been in there they would have carved our defense up. Win or Lose Sunday Smith and TD have gotta go after the season is over.

Smith will NOT be extended if all we do is make the divisional rounds

Heaven forbid he be extended regardless

exactly. He will have to make the NFCCG for Arthur to even think about bringing him back imo

Smith will NOT be extended if all we do is make the divisional rounds

Heaven forbid he be extended regardless

exactly. He will have to make the NFCCG for Arthur to even think about bringing him back imo

I didn't say it was realistic.

Yea but you dont need SB caliber personnel to win it, you just need to to beat your man for 60 minutes.

Yall do reliaze that smitty is signed through 2015

ahhhhh.....rookie posters.

You do realize that Arthur Blank has a $1.4 billion with a "B" stadium being built and an unhappy season ticket fan base, right? You do realize the Falcons franchise value goes up or down probably $50 million or so each season, right?

I don't think Arthur is too concerned about paying Smitty his $4mm base salary for 2015 - regardless of whether he is the coach or not.

I will watch my Birds tomorrow and cheer for victory.

I will not be too upset if we lose. In the long run, a loss is probably better for the Falcons organization. It assures that Smitty is blown out, increases chances that TD gets blown out and is at least the difference of 13 draft slots in each round - which will help the new regime in Flowery Branch.

I will not be too upset if we lose. In the long run, a loss is probably better for the Falcons organization. It assures that Smitty is blown out, increases chances that TD gets blown out and is at least the difference of 13 draft slots in each round - which will help the new regime in Flowery Branch.

I understand the points you're making, but sometimes putting lipstick on a pig, so to speak, isn't such a bad thing. What I mean is, your points notwithstanding, if the Falcons win we'll at least be able to say we were a playoff team this season, regardless the changes that need to be made, and there's something psychologically appealing to the fan base to be able to say this team is a "playoff team", even if we get knocked out in the Wild Card round.

Mrs. mdrake34 and I will be in the Dome tomorrow screaming our heads off cheering for a W. No half measures. She's bringing her foam claw, which will guarantee a W.

4. Olsen on 3rd downs.

1) The "other team scores first" thing doesnt scare me much anymore. I think we've done pretty well to get back into tgames this year.

2) Newton is scary for sure.

3) I'm not THAT worried about screen passes.

4) Olsen is scary but we've actually somehow been pretty good against the TE this year.

5) The Panthers OL doesnt scare me.

I think if we continue to play decent run defense, we'll be in fine shape. Might have to score 27+ to win though.