Spoon

RYNE

what do you guys think the future with weatherspoon is going to be? At first I wanted him gone this offseason. No doubt about it.

After some thinking I would go with a cheap one year prove it deal. I would bulk him up (which he looks like he has been doing) and have him play inside next to Worrilow in the 3-4. Worrilow is a tackling machine but can't cover. I'd have spoon be the coverage linebacker(I think that's the mike but idk for certain)

What are your guys opinions on spoon? Looks big in this photo!

post-542210-0-30130000-1419652138_thumb.

Edited by RYNE

I love him! He's one of those guys that everyone loves to have on their team. I just wish that he would stay healthy and contribute at the level he is capable of playing at.

So here is a question if he comes back and plays inside next to Worrilow who would call the plays for our defense?

Do you take the job away from Worrilow?

So here is a question if he comes back and plays inside next to Worrilow who would call the plays for our defense?

I think you do. Let Spoon make the calls and allow Worrilow to just go out and make plays stuffing the run. (He most likely won't even be out there on passing situations)

I think you do. Let Spoon make the calls and allow Worrilow to just go out and make plays stuffing the run. (He most likely won't even be out there on passing situations)

We could be good next year. (Depending on health)

Stone anchors the center spot with Hawley backing up

Schrader improves and keeps his job at RT solidifiying the line so we don't have to spend draft picks on them.

Keep spoon and Worrilow in the middle of the D

Draft at least 2 pass rushers in the top 3 rounds and bring in another via free agency.

Get a pass catching TE.

Could be very good. I like our d-backs a lot already

I concur. Paul still has a lot of developing to do at this point in his career, he was a UDFA for a reason. He is progressively showing more promise over the course of the season though. I think the only guy who could take the calls away from Worrilow is Spoon since he commands respect from every player in that locker room. Spoon is the definition of veteran leadership. Paul will respect that he is the leader on defense and step down with little to no hard feelings about it. I think Paul understands he has a lot of developing to do himself so it'll help him focus better on himself and what he needs to do to improve.

Schrader improves and keeps his job at RT solidifiying the line so we don't have to spend draft picks on them.

Draft at least 2 pass rushers in the top 3 rounds and bring in another via free agency.

Get a pass catching TE.

Yes indeed!!!

(That's enough optimism out of us!!! I'm not sure that's allowed in TATF)

Edited by Since1990

I think that if we can find a hitter in free agency, spoon would be perfect next to him.....worrillow is a grabber, a tackler....not a hitter....worrilpw would be a good backup

I think that if we can find a hitter in free agency, spoon would be perfect next to him.....worrillow is a grabber, a tackler....not a hitter....worrilpw would be a good backup

I just don't see Worrilow being taken out of the starting lineup. He has earned his keep. He isn't the best but he is good. Would look good next to spoon

Get a pass catching TE.

if Hawley is a backup at 4mil with only one year left, why not cut him, save 3mil and get a center in the middle rounds to back up stone...can't have the backup making 4 times what the starter makes...when you need linebackers and edge rushers