Come On... You All Know This Is Going To Happen...the Worst Possible Thing...

fuego

...the game is going to end in a tie. It would be the worst moment in Falcons' history, missing the playoffs because we tied. It would be worse than missing because we lost, because the odds of a game ending in a tie are so high. You know it's going to happen. Sorry I had to be the one to start the thread. Somebody had to do it...

reaction.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

Wait? How are we going to miss the playoffs??

Many seers on this boad have personally, 100% without a doubt, guaranteed a trip to the playoffs

...the game is going to end in a tie. It would be the worst moment in Falcons' history, missing the playoffs because we tied. It would be worse than missing because we lost, because the odds of a game ending in a tie are so high. You know it's going to happen. Sorry I had to be the one to start the thread. Somebody had to do it...

reaction.gif

You know what happens if there is a tie between Atl and Car combined with a NO win? Lol you have to laugh if you are not crying...

7-9 trumps 6-8-2.

Incorrect. 6-8-2 is exactly the same as 7-9 in terms of logging wins and losses, and Carolina has a better division record this season.

What happens is that the Saints and Panthers would, in the eyes of the NFL, be tied. The NFL considers a tie as one-half of a win; at 7-9 for the Saints and 6-8-2 for the Panthers, the two teams would have identical winning percentages of 43.75 percent. With the head-to-head tiebreaker a 1-1 split of their series, the Panthers would eke out the division tiebreaker with a 3-2-1 mark over the Saints 3-3 record.

Here's the link to the article...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/new-orleans-saints-nfc-south-tie-playoffs

Edited by RideOrDieIce

It's cool man. I had originally thought that myself. Then right after I saw a whole segment on the subject on NFLN and they cleared it up for me.

It is more than just the math though.

I just figured that ties do not count as win or loss so if they are thrown out then NO would have a higher winning %.