Julio Jones Back At Practice, Wilson Also Returns

Dirtybird56

Good news. Healthier than last week and every rep he gets in with Ryan can only help. I expect the beast to go off Sunday

By Vaughn McClure | December 26, 2014 12:28:54 PM PST

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons receiver Julio Jones returned to practice Friday for the first time since suffering an oblique injury at Green Bay Dec. 8.

Jones missed the game the following week against the Steelers due to the injury but was back in action last week against the Saints. He played 48 of 65 snaps in the Saints game and caught seven passes for 107 yards.

The Falcons had no doubt about Jones being ready for this Sunday's showdown with the Panthers for the NFC South title. Having him back at practice probably is an indication Jones is healthier than he was last week.

Also at practice Friday, running back Steven Jackson remained sidelined with a quadriceps injury, although he did some work on a side field. Jackson won't play against the Panthers.

Cornerback Josh Wilson, who missed the previous two days with a hamstring injury, returned to action and participated in special-teams drills at the start of practice.

I kinda wish Steven Jackson was just our short yardage and 3rd and long back. Use his bruiser skills for short yards. Then keep him in for pass protection when clearly a passing play

I think this game is an excuse to see what we have in Freemen. If he balls Jackson loses his starting job

I love SJax, will be sad to see him retire without a ring unless we can do some ridiculousness here in the postseason.

Guess Atl is where all the greats come to hope for a ring, then be utterly disappointed and retire depressed in the end. Atlanta Falcons is a tease organization. We show so much promise then all go home disappointed in the end...

Edited by RideOrDieIce

Steven Jackson as our short yardage back? Have you seen him lately in short yardage situations? He usually loses yardage. smh. And Quizz is fine in pass protection..Bye Steven..

Quizz is better than fine in pass protection, i rarely see him miss a block. That being said, saying jacksons usefullness has run its course is bullox. He's been huge for us this year, even if he's occasionally stopped on some short yardage situations or stuffed on 2nd and 8s. Guy has plenty left in the tank and he's excellent veteran leadership to help our other backs develop.

Jackson has not "been huge for us this year". Just stop it.

He's made more first downs this season then Michael turner did. In '12. If we needed a back any year to get that short yardage that was the year, and turner feel flat. We got another shot this year, and Jackson has been giving it his all this season, burning up all he has left in the tank to get a shot. Can't ask for more from a guy with so much tread burned off the tires. He isn't explosive regularly anymore but he's been steady for us this season, and its helped.

I figured JJ would be fine. He crushed it last week and he'll only be healthier this time.

Very good to see Wilson getting better. The Panthers don't have great WR's but we still need everybody on deck. If Wilson's 100% we should be able to handle their passing game pretty well, if they don't have to cover for 10 seconds anyway.