Heading Down To South Louisiana Tomorrow Morning

Kevo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm makin' us Muffaletta's for our tailgate Sunday. Picked up some awesome olive salad at the Farmers Market down in St. Pete last Sat. I just wish I could find a bakery around here that sold the bread. I usually just use sourdough French bread since it's so readily available.

Are there any Italian bakeries in the area?

Does blowing into a jug qualify as being in a band??

Sure does if you know how to play a jug. It's not as easy as it sounds. I played the washboard with a local band, all originals, no reproductions. Which was fine before Katrina. I'd love to see the band do it again, even if some reproductions are necessary.

NL...because of lack of time, I couldn't get my muffaletta from Central Grocery.

I had to settle on a muffaletta from Rocky and Carlo's.

It was good...but, not Central Grocery good.

Rocky's baked macaroni was off the chain though.

NL...because of lack of time, I couldn't get my muffaletta from Central Grocery.

I had to settle on a muffaletta from Rocky and Carlo's.

It was good...but, not Central Grocery good.

Rocky's baked macaroni was off the chain though.

I'm sorry you missed Central Grocery, I agree, they are up there with the unbeatables. I haven't found a plan b muffaletta yet. But definitely want to check out the baked mac. Yummm. And was that an oyster poboy I saw? I've only had oysters maybe 3-4 times this year. I hope they got some good ones this season. Hope y'all had lots of fun down here!