Heading Down To South Louisiana Tomorrow Morning

Kevo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to get some Rocky and Carlos baked macaroni, fried shrimp and fried oyster poboy, go to Audubon Park, hang out with the family ,etc. ..

I remember as a little kid hating oysters, until my dad talked me into having some fried oysters down in Grand Isle in 1960 or so. I've loved 'em ever since. Have fun & be safe Kevo!

I remember as a little kid hating oysters, until my dad talked me into having some fried oysters down in Grand Isle in 1960 or so. I've loved 'em ever since. Have fun & be safe Kevo!

Thanks bro!

I love Grand Isle! Haven't been down there in years!

Some of the best Red Fishing spots in the south are around Grand Isle...because of the natural channels leading from the Gulf into the marshes.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

Oh man, i love poboys. And you can make just about any kind of poboy too, i love the variety.

The further away from Louisiana you get...the harder it is to find a real poboy.

I've been all over the country, and so many places use hoagie bread and call it a poboy. That is a no no!

A real poboy has to have French bread!

French bread is the one common denominator in all true poboy sandwiches.

no but i have never had a gyro in greece either ;)

Touche' my friend!

If you are ever anywhere between Lafayette and NOLA, do yourself a favor and get a hot roast beef poboy.

You will definitely thank me for that advice.

It's a little piece of Heaven on Earth my friend!

Can't wait to get some Rocky and Carlos baked macaroni, fried shrimp and fried oyster poboy, go to Audubon Park, hang out with the family ,etc. ..

Born and raised in the marshes of south west Louisiana all my life. Trapping and hunting Gators, Nutria, you name it. The food ain't bad either sha. Lol

someone fill me in on this muffaletta bidness

It's a sandwich created in New Orleans ,in the early 1900's ,by Italian immigrants that consists of: Muffuletta bread ,olive salad ,salami ,ham ,mortadella cheese ,mozzarella cheese and provolone cheese.

One of the best sandwiches you'll ever eat!

muffuletta.jpg

I'm makin' us Muffaletta's for our tailgate Sunday. Picked up some awesome olive salad at the Farmers Market down in St. Pete last Sat. I just wish I could find a bakery around here that sold the bread. I usually just use sourdough French bread since it's so readily available.