Wonder What Freeman Did In College

DCCollectors

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very simple really. Jerry is blaming the entire college on something one of its students did. I want to know what college jerry went to to see if he feels the same way about his alma mater. Virtually any college has rapists, women beaters, thieves and so forth among its student body, doesn't necessarily make the school itself a cesspool.

First of all, I said "turning into" not "is." My previous post lays it out better. Second, no, I'm not giving you my college. I tend to avoid getting personal on this board.

Guest facelessman07

Sounds like she has too much time on her hands! Besides, no one could ever find any "dirt" on our squeaky clean Falcons, thanks to the infamous Falcons Filter --- lol.

Of course they couldn't find any dirt

Here in Atlanta, we're looking to win the "Super Bowl of Life."

Which btw, an award that no rings are rewarded for

Just to be clear, it's not just all the reports of very bad stuff coming out of FSU that's the problem, but more that no one within FSU seems to mind that bothers me. Over and over, we are hearing about these events, and nothing seems to be being done. The way that the Winston incident was handled was disgusting.

Start pulling some UGA, GT, or Alabama police reports where athletes were involved and I'm sure you'll find the same stuff but the difference is there's no agenda to have it on every news article. I guess since Ray Rice went to Rutgers that's a cesspool too? And no when I said college kids doing stupid stuff I meant what I would expect most of the reports will show, things like noise violations, underage consumption, etc. I highly doubt you'll find any higher percentage of domestic violence among the names listed than a similar sampling. Plain and simple the woman has an ax to grind unless she's sending requests to other schools to determine if it's more or less common at FSU.

Start pulling some UGA, GT, or Alabama police reports where athletes were involved and I'm sure you'll find the same stuff but the difference is there's no agenda to have it on every news article. I guess since Ray Rice went to Rutgers that's a cesspool too? And no when I said college kids doing stupid stuff I meant what I would expect most of the reports will show, things like noise violations, underage consumption, etc. I highly doubt you'll find any higher percentage of domestic violence among the names listed than a similar sampling. Plain and simple the woman has an ax to grind unless she's sending requests to other schools to determine if it's more or less common at FSU.

Yep, it happens everywhere. The only difference here is that the school is getting a lot of attention because of Jameson and the news guys are being news guys. Could literally do it to any school out there and Google. People are just hating on FSU.

Yep, it happens everywhere. The only difference here is that the school is getting a lot of attention because of Jameson and the news guys are being news guys. Could literally do it to any school out there and Google. People are just hating on FSU.

I just went through about 10 of the popular schools and was about to post the results but I realized it's a waste of time.

I don't really care about this woman or her "article," but to say that this is no different is silly. We're talking about several players all at the same time. To say that the incident with Winston is just "boys being boys" or something stupid like that is beyond offensive.

I don't really care about this woman or her "article," but to say that this is no different is silly. We're talking about several players all at the same time. To say that the incident with Winston is just "boys being boys" or something stupid like that is beyond offensive.

Haven't we got enough examples of the general public overreacting to reports and accusations that often end up being wrong or so spun out of control the truth gets lost in the burned aftermath of the incident? Why not wait for the truth before you emotionally engage yourself in this?

My position on reports and accusations is to wait for the truth, don't bite on the initial reporting and especially don't trust a dam thing the mainstream media puts out there to fan the flames. Wait for the facts, then react accordingly.

Haven't we got enough examples of the general public overreacting to reports and accusations that often end up being wrong or so spun out of control the facts get ignored in the burned aftermath of the incident? Why not wait for the facts before you emotionally engage yourself in this?

My position on reports and accusations is to wait for the truth, don't bite on the initial reporting and especially don't trust a dam thing the mainstream media puts out there to fan the flames. Wait for the facts, then react accordingly.

Pretty much nailed how I react to anything I hear on the news, especially anything sports related. Those guys get paid to work people up. Don't let them rule you, find out for yourself, how I feel about it.

Haven't we got enough examples of the general public overreacting to reports and accusations that often end up being wrong or so spun out of control the facts get ignored in the burned aftermath of the incident? Why not wait for the facts before you emotionally engage yourself in this?

Sorry, but when a rape allegation is ignored for the better part of two years, that bugs me. Like I said, it isn't the players specifically that are getting to me, it's how poorly FSU has handled the matter. I can't just take the stance of, "Oh I'm sure that it's just being blown out of proportion." The only ones that is fair to are the accused. We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Sounds like we got us a floriduh state apologist here. shrug.001.gifshrug.001.gifshrug.001.gif

Robb, it may be even better for us to request access to and a copy of all incident reports, including officer narrative, for all individuals working for ESPN if they are named in any capacity (victim, suspect, witness, reporting party, etc.). These muckrakers truly disgust me.

Agree. I understand these people have a job to do, and colleges, not just FSU, have a long history of covering up for star players. But to me, this is just going a too far. Going to end up dragging some good people through the mud for something they may have done in college, when we were all young and stupid at some point in our lives. I imagine we'll eventually see an ESPN story about 200 kids who were sent home from a party without being charged (and spun into the college covering up for the "star athletes", when truthfully this happens for all kinds of students) for underage drinking and maybe 1 or 2 things that were serious and covered up.

You can definitely distinguish the informed from the uninformed, anyone that has read the police reports knows about the multiple story changes from the accuser on Winston. Unfortunately most people just take what a network like SECspn and their agenda want you to know. Guilty until proven innocent is the new law apparently for society, and lets hope none of you ever have a son go to a college and get the same media scrutiny as Jameis has.

As far as Freeman, this kid is all class and I doubt even the hungriest ESPN clowns would find dirt on him.

Now all you FSU haters go back to being mindless sheep and keep believing what your being told than getting facts.

You can definitely distinguish the informed from the uninformed, anyone that has read the police reports knows about the multiple story changes from the accuser on Winston. Unfortunately most people just take what a network like SECspn and their agenda want you to know. Guilty until proven innocent is the new law apparently for society, and lets hope none of you ever have a son go to a college and get the same media scrutiny as Jameis has.As far as Freeman, this kid is all class and I doubt even the hungriest ESPN clowns would find dirt on him.Now all you FSU haters go back to being mindless sheep and keep believing what your being told than getting facts.

/thread