Rush Limbaugh Says Idris Elba Can't Play James Bond Because He's Black And Then Admits He's Racist

Billy Ocean

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can do what they want. I just want historical accuracy when it comes to some characters that actually lived... Why is cleopatra always white... Or anyone from Egypt... In almost all the movies? Everyone would be either black or more middle eastern looking ...

Meh

Exactly...........It is OK when a white dude is Moses..... but some how it is sacrilege to have a black guy as Bond

I was offended when they made Mercutio black. What claim can Hollywood make to artistic integrity if they don't do every character exactly as he or she was originally imagined? Savages!

I am cool with any fictional character being whatever color. But have fun with casting black panther as a white guy. Not that I would care.

Real documentary like movies, it is kind of insulting to have historical characters misrepresented...

George Washington carver played by bradd pit...

I started watching Bond films with my father in elementary school, I've seen every movie in the series multiple times, and I've been hoping that Elba would be the next Bond since he was on The Wire. He has the potential to be the best one since Connery.

I love the guy, but people have their opinions. They really hated when he played Heimdall...I still lol at that. Its all whatever really. Its no less goofy than those who think a black man cannot be a stormtrooper because #clones....that would all be decommed by this time...lol. I don't know man, I DO know I have always known James Bond was a code name though.

I wonder if his natural Hackney accent would be odd for Bond. Since Bond is supposed to be Scottish, I am not sure if a Londoner accent would skew the image of the character.

It has always seemed to me that he was supposed to be a little rough for the upper class and a little to posh for the common. If that is what they are shooting for then he would be just fine with a London accent.

EDIT: OK I screwed that all up. Hackney is not in London. not even close.

Edited by Flip Flop

Rush can't buy controversy anymore. I think most non brain dead Rush fans have figured out he is a professional troll just saying stupid stuff for ad dollars/ratings.

Kind of the natural progression for a radio personality.

You either stay like he is and grow stale, or you try to change up the way Howard Stern did and turn into a completely different show.

Howard Stern Use to be awesome, but now this is the guy who apologizes for making fun of Lena Dunham. The same howard who pretty much made Dana Plato off herself....it is a terrible show now.

Radio itself, and the culture that went along with it, are dying. Even podcasts don't have the same appeal.

They can do what they want. I just want historical accuracy when it comes to some characters that actually lived... Why is cleopatra always white... Or anyone from Egypt... In almost all the movies? Everyone would be either black or more middle eastern looking ...

Meh

To be fair, Cleopatra was an inbred Macedonian Ptolemy and probably looked fairly white. Or at least more Greek/Mediterranean-European than an Arab or Berber kinda complexion, and definitely not black.

But yeah, white pharaohs and ancient Egyptians in media is pretty whack.

To be fair, Cleopatra was an inbred Macedonian Ptolemy and probably looked fairly white. Or at least more Greek/Mediterranean-European than an Arab or Berber kinda complexion, and definitely not black.

But yeah, white pharaohs and ancient Egyptians in media is pretty whack.

If you were in a room with the average Mediterranean and the average Arab could you tell the difference?

mit-436443.jpg

Q10uR1Iu_400x400.jpeg

Not a good start Antonio. Not a good start at all.

You grew up in a white neighborhood. In the hood, we grew up with white santa on tv and at the mall. I dont expect you to understand.And tell a black man what he should think about a black santa.

Edited by Antonio1988

I love the guy, but people have their opinions. They really hated when he played Heimdall...I still lol at that. Its all whatever really. Its no less goofy than those who think a black man cannot be a stormtrooper because #clones....that would all be decommed by this time...lol. I don't know man, I DO know I have always known James Bond was a code name though.

A stormtrooper could never be black, but Darth Vader is black...

• 2 months later...