Walterfootball Mock 12-24-14

brown bomber

Here are my personal rules for drafting.

If you're in the top 5, only draft a QB, WR, or OT.

If you're in the 6-10 range, QB, WR and OT are still in play, but also LB and Edge Rusher.

We're picking at 8th. We already have a franchise QB so that narrows the playing field to WR, OT, LB and ER.

Here are my personal rules for drafting.

If you're in the top 5, only draft a QB, WR, or OT.

If you're in the 6-10 range, QB, WR and OT are still in play, but also LB and Edge Rusher.

We're picking at 8th. We already have a franchise QB so that narrows the playing field to WR, OT, LB and ER.

Yeah I agree. I think our first pick should be a playmaker on defense, although it would be nice to see Amari Cooper as a Falcon.

Yeah I agree. I think our first pick should be a playmaker on defense, although it would be nice to see Amari Cooper as a Falcon.

I wish I could be all arrogant and say something like "oh man, Cooper across from Julio with Roddy in the slot would be UNSTOPPABLE!" but Julio's dealing with the dropsies so consistently and Roddy just isn't himself...I don't know.

I wish I could be all arrogant and say something like "oh man, Cooper across from Julio with Roddy in the slot would be UNSTOPPABLE!" but Julio's dealing with the dropsies so consistently and Roddy just isn't himself...I don't know.

I don't think it would be unstoppable, but I really like Amari Cooper and he would be a huge upgrade to Roddy. Julio is just inconsistent, but Roddy has really fallen off. I am not confident in our offensive weapons right now.

I don't think it would be unstoppable, but I really like Amari Cooper and he would be a huge upgrade to Roddy. Julio is just inconsistent, but Roddy has really fallen off. I am not confident in our offensive weapons right now.

I agree that Roddy has fallen off a lot. Julio being "inconsistent" is the same problem we used to have with Vick...he'd show up and light some teams up and then turn the ball over a bunch the following week. I'm always scared when Julio gets the ball now that he's gonna fumble and it seems like he's just not getting open anymore. It sucks, man...we went from "pick your poison" to "who poisoned our receivers?!"

Since you're already in the sweet spot to draft Cooper, why not trade Julio and get more picks this year and next? You get a great young talent, reload to rebuild the defense, and you don't have to pay Julio a huge salary.

That's the dumbest thing I heard in a while. "Oh, you should trade your most talented player for a few picks even though you'll still get way fewer picks than you gave up to get him".

That's the dumbest thing I heard in a while. "Oh, you should trade your most talented player for a few picks even though you'll still get way fewer picks than you gave up to get him".

You're drafting comparable talent, gaining picks in the process, freeing future cap space, and picking up higher draft picks to improve the team.

Otherwise you're going to either have to sign him to the deal he deserves, which makes it harder to improve the defense, or let him walk when his contract is up and get nothing for him and have no replacement at wide reciever.