List Of Our 2015 Free Agents (Its A Lot)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would want to see how much each of them would want before saying who I'd want to keep. For example, my first inclination is to say goodbye to Osi. That being said, if he just wanted league minimum, welcome back.

There are a few that I wouldn't consider even at league minimum, but I'd consider the vast majority at the right price.

Let Spoon walk. Don't trust him. Injury-prone.

Indeed. I don't understand why people want to use cap space for a guy who doesn't play.

I also wouldn't resign Rodgers.

Really, the only ones on that list I think are important to resign are Peters, Bryant, McClain, Yates, Weems, and Lowery. There are others I'd offer contracts to as depth- Wilson, Arenas, Pascoe, DiMarco, Davis... but I find them all to be remarkably replaceable if they want much more than minimum. If they can get more- best of luck to them.

Smith-he's exciting but fragile, and getting old for a RB. I might make an offer for him, but not what others on here would offer.

Not really alot because most are low paying guys... Plus this allow us to have 30+ mil to sign the defensive players that we need.

Saying that .. The must re-sign i see is Spoon (it will be cheap) , Lowery (He has earned a contract) , Weems (Cheap) , Antonie Smith (cheap)

The guys i want back is Corey Peters (it depends on his open market value) .. Matt BRYANT (he is money but nearly 4 mil a year is rough man .. I hope we find a way to keep him)

Indeed. I don't understand why people want to use cap space for a guy who doesn't play.

I also wouldn't resign Rodgers.

Really, the only ones on that list I think are important to resign are Peters, Bryant, McClain, Yates, Weems, and Lowery. There are others I'd offer contracts to as depth- Wilson, Arenas, Pascoe, DiMarco, Davis... but I find them all to be remarkably replaceable if they want much more than minimum. If they can get more- best of luck to them.

Smith-he's exciting but fragile, and getting old for a RB. I might make an offer for him, but not what others on here would offer.

Would you rather have Spoon or Tyler Starr? James Anderson? The question is not about whether or not we should bring him back. The question is how much would it take and would it be worth it. If he'd take a minimum deal for one year as a prove it or lose it, we would be the dumbest FO on the planet not bringing him back. I think he'll want more so I won't complain if he goes out in the market, but it's not very logical to make roster decisions on a player that could make us a better team without knowing how much he wants.

this is why the Falcons are so far under the salary cap - because they don't have very many players actually under contract for 2015. While our salary cap situation is good - not as good as some think.

Flexibility is as important as the amount. The fact that the cap money is not assigned a name is the key. Assuming the GMs know what they are doing, they have a blank canvas. They have room to address the overall balance of cap money assigned on each side of the ball.

this is why the Falcons are so far under the salary cap - because they don't have very many players actually under contract for 2015. While our salary cap situation is good - not as good as some think.

We have 40 guys under contract for 2015. We have 7 draft picks and most of those usually make the roster. Some of those players under contract are guys like Baker that might get cut adding cap space or contract renegotiated.

We have a lot of spce to do whatever we want next season. Among the 40 under contract, 20 are starters, including ST's skill players like Hester and Bosher, out of 25 positions I would consider starters. Bryant will make it 21. We have 4 starting positions to fill with $30m in space. One starter will likely be filled with our first round pick. So we basically have about $25m to fill 3 starters and a couple of depth guys.