Watching The N.o. Rewind

tone357

if we won 35 to 0 and had 6 sacks a game yall would still find something to complain about

Hey, I'm glad we won, but watching the replay, we had them where we wanted them on one series, third and long. Then there's only 3 guys rushing, when the previous play 4 guys put them in 3rd and long! I makes no sense to go away from what's working!

And in the line of questionable decisions....why does Matt keep throwing passes 1 to 4 yards short of the first down marker on 3rd and medium/longs?

On the two occasions that I remember from Sunday, he took the one on one in space with Roddy which I don't think was that bad of a decision (even tho Roddy has the ankle) but on the one to Levine where the pocket collapsed Levine just didn't get past the sticks. The announcers were saying he worked his way back to Matt but the replay showed him just standing there.

Brees averaged only 6.7 yards per attempt with 2 picks in 47 attempts, so what we did worked. It would have worked better if we hadn't had three members of our secondary get injured in four plays. That's the only reason Brees' stats weren't like Flacco's first half stats. We had their receivers smothered.

Why in the world do we go to a three man rush on obvious passing downs? The philosophy of having a bunch of DBs on the field, giving a guy like Brees all the time he wants, always ends up with a completion. Pressure on the QB is what wins the day.

And in the line of questionable decisions....why does Matt keep throwing passes 1 to 4 yards short of the first down marker on 3rd and medium/longs?

I bet we're the only team in NFL history to complete a pass on 4th & 1 and not convert.

Some of my biggest pet peeves. Drives me up the wall.

Guest facelessman07

Why in the world do we go to a three man rush on obvious passing downs? The philosophy of having a bunch of DBs on the field, giving a guy like Brees all the time he wants, always ends up with a completion. Pressure on the QB is what wins the day.

Don't worry, we need to give the staff another offseason to correct it

if we won 35 to 0 and had 6 sacks a game yall would still find something to complain about

If you go back and watch the replay you can understand we were about 2 plays from losing that game.

I don't think we even picked up a 1st down offensively the rest of the game after the Saints scored and made it a 6 point game.

I'm very happy with the win but there were a couple of things to be concerned about.

Guest Negatorris

I'm just glad our D stepped up because I was sweating after Matt checked that ball down on a crucial 3rd down AGAIN. 3 points would have pretty much sealed the game and he threw it short. I thought our D would eventually get tired, but they came through in the clutch unlike the offense.

This is probably the only game I can really say the defense won. The offense racked up nothing but yards, when we could've secured the victory earlier with points. That's how the Panties put the game out of reach. Hopefully the offense wakes up next week because they only have 4 total TDs since the GB game. Koetter needs to start figuring something out to get into the endzone.