I Just Realized ... We're Going To Be Very Good Next Season

This just hit me out of the blue ... I think we're going to be very good next season.

Why? Well...

1. Our O line was very good at the start of the season. Next year, we get a bunch of good players back, plus incredible depth considering that the group we have now is playing solid.

2. Ryan, Julio, Roddy, Douglas ... nuff said.

3. It's so obvious we're desperate for a pass rush that you know something is going to be done. Even if we over-draft in that area, or over pay for some free agents that are only above average but not great, you know we will have something there.

4. The running game -- this starts with point # 1 (the o line). Plus Freeman is the real deal. Plus, we're very likely to find an upgrade to SJAX as a bruiser. Even if this upgrade is not the next coming of Walter Peyton, we should be better at pounding out short yardage and maintaining time of possession.

Really, right now we're peaking at the right time. And right now, we're not bad at all. You throw a few key pieces in to back fill our weaknesses, and it looks like we're going to be a pretty good team.

We probably need to start looking at drafting Roddy's replacement. Douglass is getting up there in age, too, having just turned 30 in September.

Yep. People take for granted we're not a young team.

We've got plenty of young guys but the problem is very few of them have developed. And this is the real problem right here. Towards the end of EVERY season young players flash in the Smitty era. Sidbury, Owens, Massaquoi, etc. Then next season... They tend to not make it onto the field for whatever reason.

Talent development is something we haven't done well traditionally

We probably need to start looking at drafting Roddy's replacement. Douglass is getting up there in age, too, having just turned 30 in September.

would you take a wr if we had got de taken care of in round 2 or 3? Edited by Falcon Little

and I present to you

Dorial Green-Beckham

6'5" 225lbs

Strengths Weaknesses

STRENGTHS: Physical specimen with freakish athleticism for his tall, long frame. Long-strider with the speed to be a legitimate vertical threat.

Natural body power to trample defensive backs after the catch and uses his hands well downfield to fight for positioning without blatantly drawing attention to himself. Hangs in the air with the leaping ability to highpoint and tower over defenders with above-the-rim skills. Improved ball skills and rhythm in his routes to finish and be a dangerous catch-and-go receiver.

Experienced lining up inside and outside with various patterns in Missouri's spread offense. Became full-time starter as a sophomore in 2013 and led the team in catches and touchdown grabs.

WEAKNESSES: Still developing his body type and needs to devote himself in the weight room to physically mature. Doesn't have NFL work ethic yet and needs to develop a more professional demeanor in between games.

Tall in his routes and needs to play with more flexibility and burst in his breaks. Needs to better disguise his patterns at the stem and improve his footwork to deceive defensive backs. Will struggle at times vs. press and isn't as physical a blocker as he appears.

Strong off-field and maturity concerns after multiple marijuana-related offenses and other incidents that led to his dismissal from Missouri. Was in and out of foster care his entire life and hasn't had much structure in his life.

COMPARES TO: A.J. Green, Bengals - Green-Beckham still has a long way to go to reach his football ceiling, but flashes the potential of past first rounders like Green.

He's got some maturity issues, and right now those have him falling to the 2nd or 3rd round, but I think if you put him in the WR's room to work with the strong character guys we already have he'll be fine.

Yeah we are getting long in the tooth. There will be a fairly long list of players who will be in the over 30 gang at some point next year including Ryan, Ice Bryant, Babineaux, Roddy, Osi, Hester, SJax, Blalock, Soliai, HD, Josh Wilson, WillyMo, Sackmaker, Weems, Tone and Beer.

We also have to deal with a long list of free agents which will include Ice Bryant, Spoon, Weems, Beer, Lowery, Arenas, Josh Wilson, Dimarco, Tone, Peters, BobbyMac, Drew Davis, Yates, Quizz, Osi, Bear and Carimi.

We could be looking at a lot of roster turnover which could include a regime change if we lose Sunday or flame out in the playoffs.

and I present to you

Dorial Green-Beckham

6'5" 225lbs

Strengths Weaknesses

STRENGTHS: Physical specimen with freakish athleticism for his tall, long frame. Long-strider with the speed to be a legitimate vertical threat.

Natural body power to trample defensive backs after the catch and uses his hands well downfield to fight for positioning without blatantly drawing attention to himself. Hangs in the air with the leaping ability to highpoint and tower over defenders with above-the-rim skills. Improved ball skills and rhythm in his routes to finish and be a dangerous catch-and-go receiver.

Experienced lining up inside and outside with various patterns in Missouri's spread offense. Became full-time starter as a sophomore in 2013 and led the team in catches and touchdown grabs.

WEAKNESSES: Still developing his body type and needs to devote himself in the weight room to physically mature. Doesn't have NFL work ethic yet and needs to develop a more professional demeanor in between games.

Tall in his routes and needs to play with more flexibility and burst in his breaks. Needs to better disguise his patterns at the stem and improve his footwork to deceive defensive backs. Will struggle at times vs. press and isn't as physical a blocker as he appears.

Strong off-field and maturity concerns after multiple marijuana-related offenses and other incidents that led to his dismissal from Missouri. Was in and out of foster care his entire life and hasn't had much structure in his life.

COMPARES TO: A.J. Green, Bengals - Green-Beckham still has a long way to go to reach his football ceiling, but flashes the potential of past first rounders like Green.

He's got some maturity issues, and right now those have him falling to the 2nd or 3rd round, but I think if you put him in the WR's room to work with the strong character guys we already have he'll be fine.

I hope we can get him in the 3rd.

Yeah we are getting long in the tooth. There will be a fairly long list of players who will be in the over 30 gang at some point next year including Ryan, Ice Bryant, Babineaux, Roddy, Osi, Hester, SJax, Blalock, Soliai, HD, Josh Wilson, WillyMo, Sackmaker, Weems, Tone and Beer.

We also have to deal with a long list of free agents which will include Ice Bryant, Spoon, Weems, Beer, Lowery, Arenas, Josh Wilson, Dimarco, Tone, Peters, BobbyMac, Drew Davis, Yates, Quizz, Osi, Bear and Carimi.

We could be looking at a lot of roster turnover which could include a regime change if we lose Sunday or flame out in the playoffs.

That FA list isn't that intimidating when you think about likely turnover:

Bryant - Keeper

Spoon - one year "prove it" deal

Weems - cheap, may not be back

Beer - shouldn't be too expensive if kept. No guarantee he's kept

Lowery - I'd keep him - I think he's been our best defensive FA. Shouldn't cost too much, either

Peters - keeper, will get a better than average contract (likely), but not a bank breaker

Most of the rest are fringe/depth players - not concerned about re-signing them.

i completely agree on the OL, assuming Tice is retained as OL coach.

There are actually two glaring needs on D - LBs that can cover TEs (still don't have any) and edge rushers (don't have LBs that can do this either, if the scheme is 3-4, and none of the current DEs have proven they can do it consistently from the 4-3 looks).

i also agree that WR needs to be addressed. imo, Free Agency is more likely to net value with pass rusher or better LBs than going after a WR. So it wouldn't upset me if the Falcons drafted a quality WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.

There's enough talent on this team for the Falcons to be an 11/12 win team.

Falcons need a bigger guy that stretches the field. Look at what Martavious Bryant is doing in Pittsburgh. Just fly downfield, take the top off the defense and keep the safeties out the box. That's all the Falcons need to find in the draft. If the player develops beyond that it's a plus, but not wholy necessary.

Yeah we are getting long in the tooth. There will be a fairly long list of players who will be in the over 30 gang at some point next year including Ryan, Ice Bryant, Babineaux, Roddy, Osi, Hester, SJax, Blalock, Soliai, HD, Josh Wilson, WillyMo, Sackmaker, Weems, Tone and Beer.We also have to deal with a long list of free agents which will include Ice Bryant, Spoon, Weems, Beer, Lowery, Arenas, Josh Wilson, Dimarco, Tone, Peters, BobbyMac, Drew Davis, Yates, Quizz, Osi, Bear and Carimi.We could be looking at a lot of roster turnover which could include a regime change if we lose Sunday or flame out in the playoffs.

Good news is our OL sans blalock is young. TJax, peters (if we re-sign) and Hageman are young. As is Alford, truffant, Worrilow and Shembo. So we have a nice young core in several key areas. I firmly believe than robiskie can develop a 3rd round WR ...just haven't needed to with Roddy, HD and JJ in fold. Wasn't our last WR pick the fifth on Meir?

This just hit me out of the blue ... I think we're going to be very good next season.Why? Well...1. Our O line was very good at the start of the season. Next year, we get a bunch of good players back, plus incredible depth considering that the group we have now is playing solid.2. Ryan, Julio, Roddy, Douglas ... nuff said.3. It's so obvious we're desperate for a pass rush that you know something is going to be done. Even if we over-draft in that area, or over pay for some free agents that are only above average but not great, you know we will have something there.4. The running game -- this starts with point # 1 (the o line). Plus Freeman is the real deal. Plus, we're very likely to find an upgrade to SJAX as a bruiser. Even if this upgrade is not the next coming of Walter Peyton, we should be better at pounding out short yardage and maintaining time of possession.Really, right now we're peaking at the right time. And right now, we're not bad at all. You throw a few key pieces in to back fill our weaknesses, and it looks like we're going to be a pretty good team.

Man, pls don't start this crap again.

Yeah right Banker, we know how good this regime is at planning for the future. We still haven't replaced Keith Brooking. They might stumble upon a replacement by accident. LoL