Is Everyone Deathly Afraid Mike Smith Might Save His Job?

allknowing

if we get in to the playoffs and win a game i think its going to be very difficult for blank to let him go. to make matter worse koetter and nolan will likely be back too if smith stays. i dont want us to lose, but i dont think this staff is getting the best out of the players, regardless that theyve caught lightning in a bottle and are playing mediocre ball here at the end. i havent forgotten the first half of the season. it was pathetic.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say we beat the Panthers convincingly, the Cardinals somewhat convincingly, then we don't get embarrassed in Seattle(most likely) even tho we lose, I'd be ok with it. The players have shown they will give their all for their HC. They could have quit after that 5 game skid, but they didnt, they could have quit after Smitty ****** up the timeouts in the Browns game, but they didnt.

If we play like **** and somehow stumble on to 2 wins and get demolished on the road, with Freeman getting 2 carries a game like he is Antone Smith, yeah, then I'd be pissed if he stayed, because he would prove once again that he learned nothing.

6-0 in the division and winning the division, even if its ugly, is still something.

Say we beat the Panthers convincingly, the Cardinals somewhat convincingly, then we don't get embarrassed in Seattle(most likely) even tho we lose, I'd be ok with it. The players have shown they will give their all for their HC. They could have quit after that 5 game skid, but they didnt, they could have quit after Smitty ****** up the timeouts in the Browns game, but they didnt.

If we play like **** and somehow stumble on to 2 wins and get demolished on the road, with Freeman getting 2 carries a game like he is Antone Smith, yeah, then I'd be pissed if he stayed, because he would prove once again that he learned nothing.

I have no doubt that the players have Smith's back, but that was never the problem. His ability to manage a game and develop talent was always what was in question, and, for now at least for me, it still is.

I have no doubt that the players have Smith's back, but that was never the problem. His ability to manage a game and develop talent was always what was in question, and, for now at least for me, it still is.

If we do fire him, I hope we don't **** this up. The wrong hire will set us back further than keeping Smith.

Todd Bowles, I'd be ok with him, Teryl Austin, would be ok with him, Rex Ryan I'd be ok with him, but then I also head Adam Gase and Josh McDaniels rumors bigger than the first 2? Nah, I don't think a young coach will work with our locker room or develop talent any better. Especially a punk like McDaniels.

If smith saves his job it means hes doing something right to get this team to be successful, even if were only 7-9 going into the postseason. It's all about making it to the SB in the end, and if your coach isn't bad enough to keep you from making the post season, hes doing enough to keep his job. The fact this team even has a shot at the playoffs is a fcking miracle, so if Smittys stupid luck is a miracle that gets us where we want to be at the end of the year, I'm down for it.

You haven't seen any player development this year?

Keep it 100...Smitty inherited a veteran team to begin with. TD has signed plenty of vets...to play in place of his draft picks(secondary especially)

Clock management is the only issue...and many good coaches have at least 1 issue(listen to their fans).

You people are like goldfish. When we win smith is the best, when we lose he sucks. Is anyone capable of rational thought. Nothing has changed. Mike Smith is still a horrible coach. He still can't manage the clock. He still can't evaluate talent. Etc.etc.etc. mind numbing, the lack of perspective some of you folks have.

You people are like goldfish. When we win smith is the best, when we lose he sucks. Is anyone capable of rational thought. Nothing has changed. Mike Smith is still a horrible coach. He still can't manage the clock. He still can't evaluate talent. Etc.etc.etc. mind numbing, the lack of perspective some of you folks have.

It just makes you shake your head.

Deathly afraid?

What were fans realistic expectations for this team? No question this is the 2nd phase in rebuilding. I had the Falcons 8-8 +-1...and believed it would take division dominace to make the playoffs. Maybe some fans expected too much.

I thought with an improved Oline that the Falcons could outscore enough teams to get to 10-6, then, if some of the youngsters developed on D, they could go on a deep playoff run.

If the Falcons lose either the Panther game or the home playoff game, pretty sure that Smith is gone. Can't see Blank keeping a 1-5 coach. Don't know how deep into the playoffs he has to go to keep his job.

Frankly, I'm hoping that the Falcons win their next 5 games and we can deal with the offseason when it comes.

For of those of you having trouble with math/haven't had that first cup of coffee, that's winning to get to the playoffs, then winning 4 games in the playoffs and taking the Lombardi home.