Not A Mock, Based On Winning Against Carolina

Knight of God

Boy, I didn't see this coming. I think most wanted us to lose so bad so we would have a shot at Ray or Gregory. Well, I guess it has been proven it won't matter so much who we bring in.

Hate me if you like, but I would like to see what can be done with this same staff next year. I like how things have started turning around and Smith has proven he can learn from his mistakes. Most importantly, the guys will play for him. Nolan has drummed up a pass rush with guys who many (including myself) wrote off. Koetter figured out there is a need to play run and playaction. Tice DID fix the line and Cox DID teach the guys to be more brutal. They all have done their jobs.

QB - I'm done beating on Ryan. The kid is absolutely a future HoF QB and I'm proud to have him.

RB - Quizz needs less reps. We need to see more Freeman and get him another guy who can share the load with a plus. A load type of runner. You don't have to draft high for that. You don't have to DRAFT for that. Dwyer, Polk, drafting low Karlos Williams, Matt Jones, David Cobb, Michael Dyer, or UDFA Kenny Williams, Alonzo Harris, Synjyn Days, Zach Laskey, Kenny Hilliard, Joe Bergeron, or you can skip RB and just get Jalston Fowler as a FB/H-Back.

WR - Roddy has slowed down a lot, but HD has picked up the pace. Also loving Hester. I lover Tyler Lockett. We could use the speed, but even looking into FA like Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Denarius Moore, Heyward-Bey, Ricardo Lockette (my fave choise here), or even UDFA DeAndrew White, Christion Jones, Jamal Turner, Chris Conley, or Kyle Prater.

TE - Is a sore spot. It needs reflection this off season. Serious reflection. I have nothing except this to add. http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/tight-end/

OL - You have to think about LG or RT. Thing is, they are starting to gel. Let them gel. Maybe even get Konz and Hawley some reps at RG and LG and consider moving Asamoah to LG if its that bad, but I say let them continue to gel.

DL - We need a DE like water. Draft is great, but we need experience here. Young experience. JPP, Hardy, Hughes, Worilds, Graham, Sheard, Houston, etc. Forget the draft on this one guys.

LB - Beasley > Spoon and Bartu. Then you have a whole lot of other guys who can really help. Brandon Spikes will be available too. There are a great deal of players who can help out here coming up. I think Beasley may be the most versatile.

CB - YES, we actually could use the help fellas. Plenty of guys who can do just that for a couple of years.

Safety - I'd stand pat right now, except maybe to get someone who can back up both positions.

KoG how do you feel about Tevin Coleman? I feel like he could do good things in our offense.

I like almost any RB at this point. I see that and TE as being all we are missing on offense and on defense we need a LB and DE. Tevin Coleman is pretty good though. If I'm getting a guy in the second though, I like Duke Johnson, TJ Yeldon, Mike davis, and Jay Ajayi.

Coleman is brutal though. YOu can do this almost any way. Just get Freeman some help.

On offense I want Gurley, a better WR to replace Dougle and create a threat, A receiving TE and maybe an OG.

On defense we need to redo the front seven with at least three new starters at DE and LB.

You can get Gurley, Tyler Lockett (WR faster than HD, better hands), a FA Tight End (Gresham, Tamme, Cameron, Clay, Kendricks, etc), A DE in the FA, Vic Beasley at LB, and either Worilds or Graham at OLB/DE, then still get a LB later in the draft DePriest (hitter, wraps up) and a FB in Jalston Fowler and its a whole new cast and crew without spending a lot of $$$.

That's how you fix everything in one season.

Guest Negatorris

I like almost any RB at this point. I see that and TE as being all we are missing on offense and on defense we need a LB and DE. Tevin Coleman is pretty good though. If I'm getting a guy in the second though, I like Duke Johnson, TJ Yeldon, Mike davis, and Jay Ajayi.

Coleman is brutal though. YOu can do this almost any way. Just get Freeman some help.

I liked Ayaji as well until I learned of his fumbling problems. That's a guy I don't want to see in our backfield.

Boy, I didn't see this coming. I think most wanted us to lose so bad so we would have a shot at Ray or Gregory. Well, I guess it has been proven it won't matter so much who we bring in.

Hate me if you like, but I would like to see what can be done with this same staff next year. I like how things have started turning around and Smith has proven he can learn from his mistakes. Most importantly, the guys will play for him. Nolan has drummed up a pass rush with guys who many (including myself) wrote off. Koetter figured out there is a need to play run and playaction. Tice DID fix the line and Cox DID teach the guys to be more brutal. They all have done their jobs.

QB - I'm done beating on Ryan. The kid is absolutely a future HoF QB and I'm proud to have him.

RB - Quizz needs less reps. We need to see more Freeman and get him another guy who can share the load with a plus. A load type of runner. You don't have to draft high for that. You don't have to DRAFT for that. Dwyer, Polk, drafting low Karlos Williams, Matt Jones, David Cobb, Michael Dyer, or UDFA Kenny Williams, Alonzo Harris, Synjyn Days, Zach Laskey, Kenny Hilliard, Joe Bergeron, or you can skip RB and just get Jalston Fowler as a FB/H-Back.

WR - Roddy has slowed down a lot, but HD has picked up the pace. Also loving Hester. I lover Tyler Lockett. We could use the speed, but even looking into FA like Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Denarius Moore, Heyward-Bey, Ricardo Lockette (my fave choise here), or even UDFA DeAndrew White, Christion Jones, Jamal Turner, Chris Conley, or Kyle Prater.

TE - Is a sore spot. It needs reflection this off season. Serious reflection. I have nothing except this to add. http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/tight-end/

OL - You have to think about LG or RT. Thing is, they are starting to gel. Let them gel. Maybe even get Konz and Hawley some reps at RG and LG and consider moving Asamoah to LG if its that bad, but I say let them continue to gel.

DL - We need a DE like water. Draft is great, but we need experience here. Young experience. JPP, Hardy, Hughes, Worilds, Graham, Sheard, Houston, etc. Forget the draft on this one guys.

LB - Beasley > Spoon and Bartu. Then you have a whole lot of other guys who can really help. Brandon Spikes will be available too. There are a great deal of players who can help out here coming up. I think Beasley may be the most versatile.

CB - YES, we actually could use the help fellas. Plenty of guys who can do just that for a couple of years.

Safety - I'd stand pat right now, except maybe to get someone who can back up both positions.

Im the biggest anti-Mike Smith guy on here, but I'm having a change of heart as well. As a very minor ex athlete, and current business leader, I'm seeing a team of inexperienced and talented young men rally around him. They're gutsy and love their boss. Pure and simple. I'm also seeing a boss that's doing something that's admirable--he's adapting. He's playing youngsters. Putting his heart into something that by all accounts no one would blame him if he packed it in. It's been a tough two years. Lots of injuries and adversities...he's has had to adjust his whole world. But Smitty is doing it. Seeing this group of kids and the way they're responding to him..I say keep staff intact. Stay with the process. Rally around Smitty and his golden-armed Ryan and fill the holes.

I've loved ryan day one, but watching him spit blood, but stand tall and deliver heartens me back to the QBs of yesteryear like stabler,Bradshaw and other tough guys.

Add in that several young unheralded players like schraeder, stone, Worrilow,ismael and kids like truffant, Freeman, and others are playing at a high level makes me think we have a wonderful core.

Agree with the areas you point out as targets too. Good post

MSalmon, as always we agree on this 100% man. Including the RB. Paired with Freeman he would do just fine.

I'm honored as you're a football guru. I'd lovea gordon in the draft, but I think Ingram might be worth a private jet ride with the gangsta blank making him an offer. I've noticed when the jnucklehead saints feed him the ball, he gets I rythm and gets stronger. Good pass blocker and decent receiver as well

I'm honored as you're a football guru. I'd lovea gordon in the draft, but I think Ingram might be worth a private jet ride with the gangsta blank making him an offer. I've noticed when the jnucklehead saints feed him the ball, he gets I rythm and gets stronger. Good pass blocker and decent receiver as well

Thanks bro, but not a guru. Just really like the game a lot. I love the idea of Ingram man. He is a rhythm runner. Some don't like that, but those are pace setters and good for a QB.

Thanks bro, but not a guru. Just really like the game a lot. I love the idea of Ingram man. He is a rhythm runner. Some don't like that, but those are pace setters and good for a QB.

I'm all about the pace setters, particularly with a rythm QB like Ryan. Makes play action easier too, after a big bell cow guy softens up the defense a wee bit as well :)

Can't deny that Smith still has this locker room and guys are playing hard for him. Koetter is fine except that I would like to run the ball more at some point. Not necessarily this season just in the future. We need another back, and the line still needs help in run blocking.

Mike Tice has been a miracle worker. I would hate to lose him no matter what happens with these other guys.

Mike Nolan, I don't know man. Someone has to answer for bringing in 3-4 guys, resigning all or our 4-3 DTs, and the crap we field for LBs. I don't know if it was a disconnect between the FO and coaching staff or what. Obviously we were going 3-4 but someone decided that wasn't the case. I hate seeing 3dts and Bierman on rush downs. It isn't always like that, but it is sometimes. Gag. A couple of Pass rushers, they will be ok.

The team is playing hard and that is a testament to the coaches. We reel off a couple of more wins, I can live with them being back.

Lockett, Beasley, Cobb, a FA TE, FA ILB, FA DE and the Falcons are solid. Everything else is gravy. OL depth is important too considering how easily the current regime gets injured.

Agree. In fact I'm leaning towards this as offseason mock:

Agree. In fact I'm leaning towards this as offseason mock:

FA:

Mark Ingram, rb

Jerry Hughes (edge rusher)

David Harris, ILB

DRAFT:

Rd 1. Bernardick McKinney, (he's mu SLB and in 43 and ILB in 34)

--push Worrilow to WLB in 43 and Harris Inside. Shembo is our swissknife backer

Rd 2. Markius Golden, DE Mizzou

Rd. 3 Clive Walford TE, Miami (FL), 64 258 lbs

Rd. 4 Jarvis Harrison G, Texas A&M 63 325 lbs:

Rd 5. Brandon Ivory NT, Alabama 63 308

Rd 6: Rory Anderson WR/TE , South Carolina 65 227 lbs:

Rd 7: Ray Drew DE/DT, UGA 64 284

Sorry to hijack your thread with a mock:), but I think it's key to see how close we are to putting this all together and getting the team on track

You can get Gurley, Tyler Lockett (WR faster than HD, better hands), a FA Tight End (Gresham, Tamme, Cameron, Clay, Kendricks, etc), A DE in the FA, Vic Beasley at LB, and either Worilds or Graham at OLB/DE, then still get a LB later in the draft DePriest (hitter, wraps up) and a FB in Jalston Fowler and its a whole new cast and crew without spending a lot of $$$.

That's how you fix everything in one season.

This is very close to what I would do. Our WR are aging rapidly, and I was very surprised we didn't get WR/TE in the 3rd and 4th round last year.

Get FA TE, FA decent tall WR, good mid sized back in FA or mid draft, and draft a mid round WR.

FA DE, FA LB, FA rusher.

That leaves a lot of the draft to get a backup OG, or BPA.

We still have to maintain our passing game, as it's the only thing special about the team...but we can do it with mid rounders and cheap FAs. Spend the real money on pass rushers.

So, you fire a guy who fought adversity and the players will play for???

Yes, it happens all the time. This regime needs to be replaced. What happens next year around this time when the Falcons are staring at 8-8 or worse?

I guess give them another chance because they improved slightly.

Or more "its not their fault, its the injuries" quotes everywhere.

Enough is enough.

Im ready for this team to win a Superbowl, just like all the other Falcon fans. The owner should stop clowning about and drop some serious coin on a Grade A Prime GM and HC.