Bobby Mac Is Better Than Alford And Our D Is Better Without Him

You haven't learned this by now? Lol

It's funny to watch them come out

love how u dumbasses put everyone on the same boat..I been callin for alfords head sinvlce the beg of the season..so ya 1 game doesnt change my mind, the fact that Alford is terrible and Mcclain played better than Alford ever has. Sorry when I see an upgrade I call it
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

love how u dumbasses put everyone on the same boat..I been callin for alfords head sinvlce the beg of the season..so ya 1 game doesnt change my mind, the fact that Alford is terrible and Mcclain played better than Alford ever has. Sorry when I see an upgrade I call it

You base 1 game of McClain's in which we actually had a pass rush as a determining factor in how apparently "Alford is the worst player on the D." Even tho Alford has a larger body of work supporting the fact that he is NOT the worst player on the D

And I'm the dumbass??

Okay, sport. Keep smoking

You base 1 game of McClain's in which we actually had a pass rush as a determining factor in how apparently "Alford is the worst player on the D." Even tho Alford has a larger body of work supporting the fact that he is NOT the worst player on the D

And I'm the dumbass??

Okay, sport. Keep smoking

bro I played db at q pretty high level..lost my scholorship to an injury my sr yr and as someone that knows the position pretty well...please tell me where alford was taught to rape WRs And how hes any good? Pi or completion every play! Edited by outofsight2484
Guest facelessman07

bro I played db at q pretty high level..lost my scholorship to an injury my sr yr and as someone that knows the position pretty well...please tell me where alford was taught to rape WRs And how hes any good? Pi or completion every play!

Every play??

There goes your argument right there

For starters the scheme in yesterday's game fit Alford's strength. We played much more man to man than usual which is Alford's game. With that pass rush and the coverages we played yesterday its possible Alford may have come down with multiple picks or Drew get sacked even more just from the fact he breaks on the ball faster than McClain and has tighter man to man coverage.

A lot of yall have gotten spoiled by Trufant but I was trying to tell some of you Tru was the truth last season when you were on Alford's coat tale being "better" than Tru. Alford is going to be a very good corner in this league and along with Tru a top tandem.

I know top talent when I see it. He has all the tools that good corners are made of. Has some technique issues and the new rules he's struggled with. Other than that this guy is a very good young corner.

It would be a mistake to let that guy go. Especially if he goes somewhere in the NFCS. Not everybody was a manimal in just their second year in the league.

If we ever transition to press man (like Arizona plays with Peterson and cromartie) then well have to use Alford as mac just isn't quick enough. Mac is a better zone cb right now but that is purely on experience. Both have limitations but Alford has upside. The biggest difference between Mac and alford is simply Alford plays tight and tries to not

gives up any plays and as a result he gets burnt deep occasionally whereas mac gives up a lot of shorter passes - and often crucial first downs - but tends to not get beat over the top. If we had grimes and Tru we would be impassable to receivers in either zone or man - both excel at both.

Uh...no. Alford was playing pretty dang well until he was injured. Keep in mind, TRU may very well become an elite corner in his career, and more and more QB's are becoming more and more afraid to throw his way...so I am seeing a contrast bias in some of these comments in that Alford has a much larger learning curve. I think taking some time to study the game will help the kid and make him a SOLID bookend to a rising star in the NFL.

Rocky is more physically gifted Than Bobby Mac and that's about where it starts and ends.Bobby Mac's experience is showing and he looks good in the snapshot of the last few games.

When Rocky figures out how to 1. cover without being grabby and 2. not to bite on double moves and get burned, when those two things happen he may be better than Tru. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of guys with Rocky's talent who've come through the NFL and couldn't put the key pieces together. Let's hope he can because I really like the dude.

This.

Rocky's ceiling is sky-high, Bobby Mac is solid depth with experience, and he tends to show up in big games - which is what you want out of your bench players.

McClain has sucked most of the year but the last couple games he's looked decent. That pick to end New Orleans season was sweet. Javier Arenas in limited playing time has looked good IMO.

Arenas has looked awful so far. Dude was extremely slow against the steelers, took way too long to make that tackle at the falcons 1 against the saints. Could've had him at the 10, he's also awful lined up against the slot and TEs. Josh Wilson looked much better and even he looked confused out there.