Bobby Mac Is Better Than Alford And Our D Is Better Without Him

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

Everyone was all over Bobby after the Denver game a few years ago

Then he struggles, fans want to release him. Claim he's the worst CB on the team

Has a good game, everyone is in love with him again

I fret to think what will happen if he struggles against Carolina

SMH

Rocky is more physically gifted Than Bobby Mac and that's about where it starts and ends.Bobby Mac's experience is showing and he looks good in the snapshot of the last few games.

When Rocky figures out how to 1. cover without being grabby and 2. not to bite on double moves and get burned, when those two things happen he may be better than Tru. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of guys with Rocky's talent who've come through the NFL and couldn't put the key pieces together. Let's hope he can because I really like the dude.

Guest facelessman07

You guys have really short memories!!! You forgot how #27 was being burned again and again, or all the penalties he caused. One big play and everything's forgotten?

You haven't learned this by now? Lol

It's funny to watch them come out

Guest facelessman07

Amazing, isn't it? Ryan is HOF, Smith's a great HC, Nolan is master tactician, Kroy deserves a new contract, Bobby Mac is our future at CB, we're set at safety. etc. All after one good game! Seriously!!!!

After the next bad game they'll be questioning themselves while I'll be questioning their sanity

McClain is still one of the best nickel corners in the league. I don't blame him for stuggling at times. Nickel is the hardest position to play sans a pass rush.

This ^

People want to dog on McClain a little too much for getting burned at NB. There are no shut down NB corners.

As far as McClain vs Alford on the outside, its really close. Both of them have been burned at times, but also both of them make big plays. I was emphatically against picking up Alford in the 2nd round since we had McClain and since he had experience on the outside, but Alford does have a higher ceiling and matches up MUCH better against speedier WRs.

I like our secondary a lot. We have a lot of young/talented dudes who are only going to get better the longer they are together. And we see what they can do when the front 7 play better.