What Is The Deal Here?

Knight of God

Are you guys really hoping we don't make it into the playoffs? Are you serious? This isn't a video game! No one knows who will be here next year man. I was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday and was going about as though nothing was wrong until the bad sore throat!

Some of our fans are past 55 and some have health issues. Do not wish for failure on this board. That is shameful. Just so you can have your coaching staff and a few picks you like. Get out of here!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys really hoping we don't make it into the playoffs? Are you serious? This isn't a video game! No one knows who will be here next year man. I was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday and was going about as though nothing was wrong until the bad sore throat!

Some of our fans are past 55 and some have health issues. Do not wish for failure on this board. That is shameful. Just so you can have your coaching staff and a few picks you like. Get out of here!

Great post man ! Sure hope that lung infection is easing up on you bro....

A-men,,,, I hope you feel better my friend.

Which teams are considered the best in the NFL over the last few seasons?

Denver - didn't 'tank', their HOF QB turned GM aggressively sought after the future HOF QB that was available.

New England - never 'tanks', got their HOF QB in the 6th round.

Seattle - didn't tank, got their star QB in the 3rd and their best defensive player in the 5th.

San Fran - didn't tank, got their QB in the 2nd round, invested heavily in D in nearly every draft.

Green Bay - didn't tank, got their future HOF QB late in the first while they still had a HOF QB on the roster.

Which teams have stunk over the past several years?

Jacksonville - top 5 draft status nearly every season, still stink

Buffalo - missed playoffs for this century, drafting at the top has gotten them nothing

Tampa - coaching changes, QB changes, consistently missing the playoffs and consistently in the top half of the draft.

Oakland - since their SB appearance in 2003, they have had one of the worst records in the NFL. Those draft picks have earned them...one of the worst records in the NFL

And the list could go on. The people who post about the need to 'strategically' miss the playoffs in order to secure better draft position think this is the NBA, and the key is to land in the lottery with a shot to draft LeBron or Duncan. The landscape of the NFL simply doesn't bear out the theory that missing the playoffs and drafting higher is the path to success. SMART drafting has a much better track record than simply having high picks.

WIN NOW. That's what good franchises do.

This is the year of years to make the playoffs because as it's been proven nearly every week this season, everyone can beat everyone!

Sports hardly ever go as scripted which is why you'll never see me EVER wanting to see this team tank. I've seen teams left for dead with "NO CHANCE" get hot and win the whole **** thing. I saw NC State's run in 1983 that began in Atlanta in the ACC tournament taking down Michael Jordan's UNC team, and then the Ralph Sampson led #1 ranked Virginia Cavaliers, then win several nail bitters, beat Virginia AGAIN, and then beat the Houston team led by Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler for the National Championship...the same talking heads in the media said "Trees will tap-dance, an elephant will drive for A.J. Foyt at Indy and Orson Welles skipped breakfast, lunch and dinner, before State beats Houston." Well how did that work out. I guess just label me a dreamer like Jimmy Valvano I guess, but no one will ever convince me that a team in the playoffs/tournament has NO CHANCE.

One day I'm going to sit and show how off seasons work because most have not a danged clue. There are different variations, but all the top teams use one variation. Bottom top.

Start with your lines, then backers, then secondary/receivers. That's how you win. We went all over the place. The Broncos even gave up on trying to draft a QB, they signed one.

EDIT: Thanks for the well wishes guys. It just struck me how short life really is.

Looking at the way the Falcons played in all respects yesterday, I am surprised anybody would be wanting the Falcons to lose this week. They were clicking in so many ways that they haven't been all year.

If the Falcons play the way they did yesterday, they can hang with anybody. I know people want to say "well the Saints are horrible", but the Saints came to play yesterday and just got beat by a better football team.

I don't know if it was a fluke or not, we'll see this week and hopefully beyond this week, but if the team keeps playing the way it did yesterday, this team could go deep into the playoffs and a lot of jobs will be saved.

Denver - didn't 'tank', their HOF QB turned GM aggressively sought after the future HOF QB that was available.

Seattle - didn't tank, got their star QB in the 3rd and their best defensive player in the 5th.

San Fran - didn't tank, got their QB in the 2nd round, invested heavily in D in nearly every draft.

Green Bay - didn't tank, got their future HOF QB late in the first while they still had a HOF QB on the roster.

Buffalo - missed playoffs for this century, drafting at the top has gotten them nothing

Tampa - coaching changes, QB changes, consistently missing the playoffs and consistently in the top half of the draft.

Oakland - since their SB appearance in 2003, they have had one of the worst records in the NFL. Those draft picks have earned them...one of the worst records in the NFL

And the list could go on. The people who post about the need to 'strategically' miss the playoffs in order to secure better draft position think this is the NBA, and the key is to land in the lottery with a shot to draft LeBron or Duncan. The landscape of the NFL simply doesn't bear out the theory that missing the playoffs and drafting higher is the path to success. SMART drafting has a much better track record than simply having high picks.

Agree. Even if you have a top 3 or 4 pick, you don't know if you even have a long-term starter, much less if you have a perennial pro-bowler. It all boils down to the team doing the drafting. If you have a front office highly adept at evaluating talent, you can get everything you need in whatever draft slot you end up. If your team doesn't have that quality talent evaulation, even your high picks are more likely to be busts.

Looking at the way the Falcons played in all respects yesterday, I am surprised anybody would be wanting the Falcons to lose this week. They were clicking in so many ways that they haven't been all year. If the Falcons play the way they did yesterday, they can hang with anybody. I know people want to say "well the Saints are horrible", but the Saints came to play yesterday and just got beat by a better football team. I don't know if it was a fluke or not, we'll see this week and hopefully beyond this week, but if the team keeps playing the way it did yesterday, this team could go deep into the playoffs and a lot of jobs will be saved.

They are rallying around Smitty .....I just saw Julio interview on ESPN, he said this game over and means squat, said time to go to work and reel off a few wins, god bless him LOL ......

It doesn't even work in the NBA. So far, it's only worked once in 40 or so years. Tankers are simply loser, delusional people.

I'm well past 55 but my health is good, maybe better than good, so I plan to be around awhile. I just hope I still have good reason to be a Falcons fan next season. I wake up during the night thinking about Andy's future, which is bright no matter what happens, but he's in a great situation right now and I'd rather not see it change. Yesterday felt great, it was like coming off life support.. I don't know if that feeling will last but right now I'm happy and I'm proud.

A.............men !!!!!