Denarius Moore

Clark Kent™

I would really really like to bring this guy in as a free agent. If you remember him his first few years in the league then you know that he can play. I remember seeing him burn Champ Bailey consistently when he was a rookie and Champ was still a good CB. Moore can really run too (4.3-4.4) He is only 26 years old right now.

Not to mention he would be dirt cheap since he was been inactive several times this year as a healthy scratch. Some may not want him because he can make some boneheaded drops. Which does look bad, but thats just a matter of concentration and being disinterested in the game. If we brought him here with Julio, Roddy, Harry, and a coach like Robiskie i think it would rejuvenate his desire.

The only issue i have is that I don't think he plays ST's and we have Weems/Hester/Drew Davis who all plays ST's and WR. I'd rather cut Davis over Weems if it came down to the two.

If we can make Hester look OK at WR, I think we could find a nice spot for Moore. 3 wide sets with Julio, Moore, and Douglas would be tough to defend simply because of the speed factor. Could even run Roddy out of the TE slot, if one were so inclined.

Edited by cnastyy

keep weems

Weems has been instrumental in this run... He is a great ST guy and a reliable great hands 5th receiver. Moore is neither!

I agree. I've had him in my mock offseasons. He needs to be retained. He may not have much value elsewhere, but he's very valuable to us, on offense, on ST, but most of all, he's a leader in that locker room. He motivates, and we need that. The one to consider would be Davis, but I just don't know about giving up his ST contributions.

depends how much. At this point we need minimal if any more money invested in the WR corps considering Julio's new contract will be looming. If you protect Ryan he can make guys like Bernard Reedy look good if need be for cheap.

Won't be a lot. We need to stop depending on UDFA WR's with Roddy needing a replacement to be developed.

depends how much. At this point we need minimal if any more money invested in the WR corps considering Julio's new contract will be looming. If you protect Ryan he can make guys like Bernard Reedy look good if need be for cheap.

His salary would be so cheap that its not even worth worrying about. The special teams is the only issue to me. I think we would value a player like Weems/Davis as opposed to Moore even though Moore is significantly better at WR.

If Moore was signed he would rotate with Hester as the 4th WR more than likely and maybe get some routes on the outside. I'd like to have him because he can take the top off a defense and we currently have no one capable of doing that besides Julio, and also he would be excellent insurance for Roddy and Julio or HD if they go down.

His salary would be so cheap that its not even worth worrying about. The special teams is the only issue to me. I think we would value a player like Weems/Davis as opposed to Moore even though Moore is significantly better at WR.

If Moore was signed he would rotate with Hester as the 4th WR more than likely and maybe get some routes on the outside. I'd like to have him because he can take the top off a defense and we currently have no one capable of doing that besides Julio, and also he would be excellent insurance for Roddy and Julio or HD if they go down.

If you can't crack the starting 3, you need to play ST. If you can't play ST, you can find the door. Its true, you need to pull your weight on the roster if you are not getting 20+ snaps on O or D as a starter. What he doesn't do, someone else has. I'm guessing this is the same reason he is leaving Oakland. Or you're telling me they have too many playmakers and he has to ride the bench over there...

If you can't crack the starting 3, you need to play ST. If you can't play ST, you can find the door. Its true, you need to pull your weight on the roster if you are not getting 20+ snaps on O or D as a starter. What he doesn't do, someone else has. I'm guessing this is the same reason he is leaving Oakland. Or you're telling me they have too many playmakers and he has to ride the bench over there...

I'm right there with you. His lack of ST's is what could kill his chance on a team like ours with 3 good WRs. Unless he was heavily rotated in our offense which isn't out of the question.

From what i gather he more than likely won't be resigned because

1) They have James Jones, Andre Holmes, Kembrell Thompkins, Vincent Brown etc. None are great players but they are all pretty good WR's. I think Moore has more potential then all of them except Andre Holmes.

2) He has no ST value

3) He tends to make boneheaded drops occasionally and just seems disinterested in the game.

With all that said, the fact that he will cost so little I think it would be worth giving him some time in camp just to see how he performs He definitely has shown he can play the game. And of all the positions we have on this team I think our WRs could help someone assimilate the easiest. How could you not be psyched to be on our team with the offensive talent?

But like we have all said, he doesn't play ST's so that could be the determining factor.