The Ups And Downs Of Panthers Young Cb, Josh Norman. Summed Up In One Play.

Big Bubba

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, stop that ****. Tru is playing like a top five CB right now. Norman wishes he was Tru.

Just cause you don't know **** about Norman doesn't mean he isn't balling as well. His last 6 games he's either shutdown or heavily won his matchup against: Jeremy Maclin, Julio Jones, Cordarrelle Patterson/Charles Johnson, Graham/Colston (he was one of the main reasons we dominated defensively as much as we did against the Saints), Mike Evans, and Josh Gordon.

The dude has shown some great talent for a long time... but he's also shown to be a ******* idiot, which is why more often than not he's been on the bench. Ever since he's become a full-time starter our secondary has some life.

And lastly, get your panties out your vagina. I didn't say he was better than Tru, I said he was quietly becoming a pretty good corner and could potentially rival Tru. Believe it or not but Tru isn't the only young DB with potential in the South.

Edited by Big Play Bene

Just cause you don't know **** about Norman doesn't mean he isn't balling as well. His last 6 games he's either shutdown or heavily won his matchup against: Jeremy Maclin, Julio Jones, Cordarrelle Patterson/Charles Johnson, Graham/Colston (he was one of the main reasons we dominated defensively as much as we did against the Saints), Mike Evans, and Josh Gordon.

The dude has shown some great talent for a long time... but he's also shown to be a ******* idiot, which is why more often than not he's been on the bench. Ever since he's become a full-time starter our secondary has some life.

And lastly, get your panties out your vagina. I didn't say he was better than Tru, I said he was quietly becoming a pretty good corner and could potentially rival Tru. Believe it or not but Tru isn't the only young DB with potential in the South.

Tru had potential last yr

this yr he is a Pro Bowl Corner

He has Become a shutdown Corner in yr 2

Give him just a hint of a pass rush

and he becomes 1 of the Best in the NFL

EASILY

Please. He's had a pass rush these past few years and from what I've seen and read on the Huddle, has barely been serviceable. He gets a few good fluke games, and is all of a sudden gonna rival Tru?

No. I'm not saying he's top 5, but Tru is playing like a top 5 corner right now. Norman will never sniff that level.

He's 27 years old, chances are he will never have his "break through" into being a good player.

Please. He's had a pass rush these past few years and from what I've seen and read on the Huddle, has barely been serviceable. He gets a few good fluke games, and is all of a sudden gonna rival Tru?

No. I'm not saying he's top 5, but Tru is playing like a top 5 corner right now. Norman will never sniff that level.

He's 27 years old, chances are he will never have his "break through" into being a good player.

i dont know

maybe he can be a good solid corner

But Tru has that it Factor

you can see it

hes got a chance to be Special

And right there, you completely summed up what I said previously: you know absolutely nothing about Norman or what you're talking about when it comes to him.

Norman didn't even PLAY last year, when we had that mythical pass rush. The only time he really saw time was when the game was out of hand for either side... because he was too much of a loose cannon and wild card to risk putting out there, yet he's shown extreme talent since his rookie season (which was 2012, when our d-line was still azz) and by far shown more flashes than DB we've had since 2012 - he's just been an odd situation. Despite the age, it's his 3rd year and he's been every sense of the word "project player" from a small school.

He didn't finally get the start until somewhat midway through this season, a season where we have a terrible pass rush, and has been routinely locking guys down. He's finally starting to learn to play within himself and the defense and cut out the stupid ****. Before Bene took Cason's spot (which resulted in the 41-10 Saints azz-whooping), QBs were actively staying a way from Norman's side of the field. Now he's been making play-after-play once they start targeting him again.

I gave Tru his props as the best in the division. Acting like he's untouchable though is foolish. He's not that good yet.

Edited by Big Play Bene

And right there, you completely summed up what I said previously: you know absolutely nothing about Norman or what you're talking about when it comes to him.

Norman didn't even PLAY last year, when we had that mythical pass rush. The only time he really saw time was when the game was out of hand for either side... because he was too much of a loose cannon and wild card, yet he's shown extreme talent since his rookie season (which was 2012, when our d-line was still somewhat ***). Despite the age, it's his 3rd year and he's been every sense of the word "project player" from a small school.

He didn't finally get the start until somewhat midway through this season, a season where we have a terrible pass rush, and has been routinely locking guys down. He's finally starting to learn to play within himself and the defense and cut out the stupid ****. Before Bene took Cason's spot (which was the 41-10 Saints azz-whooping), QBs were actively staying a way from Norman's side of the field. Now he's been making play-after-play once they start targeting him again.

I gave Tru his props as the best. Acting like he's untouchable though is foolish. He's not that good yet.

That's all conjecture. Fact is, Tru is one of the best in the league. Norman will never be.

Oh yeah, and please tell me where people are calling Norman "serviceable" on the Huddle. He has literally been getting his d*ck sucked by the masses on the Huddle for like 6 straight games.

I'm gonna call BS on that one and that you just made it up... or it was an isolated case.

Beginning of the season

He was playing by the Ravens game. First I heard of him.

He played less than a half of the Ravens game after White got benched from Smitty making him look stupid. That was literally when he took over the job. The next game, against Chicago, was his very first start where he got injured and missed the rest of that game and all of th following game against Cinci. So that would make it sometime around week 7 when he finally started getting consistent play time.

He's played great in every one of those games and been one of the few bright spots on the team.

Edited by Big Play Bene