Brown Bomber's New Mock

brown bomber

Was waiting until after today's game to see where we might be picking. Looks like it may be at 21 if we win next week.

FA: DE/OLB Jerry Hughes

MLB Jerrell Freeman

CB Byron Maxwell

Re-sign: Spoon, Peters, Lowery

1. RT T.J. Clemmings (won't reach for PR)

2. DE Nate Orchard

3. TE Ben Koyack

4. RB David Johnson

5. MLB Stephone Anthony

6. DT Thomas Teal

7. BPA

I like the FA signings except I think Maxwell will probably want to be a starter and i don't know if he would beat out Alford. I think he has some experience playing NB though. If we did get him i think it would be awesome, i just don't think we will.

Don't really like your first pick. Schraeder has played well these last few weeks and we still have Holmes who could possibly win that job next year. We can't take a player with our first pick who may not get any snaps unless an injury happens.

My favorite pick is Stephone Anthony. He is one of my fav LB's in this draft. I think he is one of the most underrated LB's in this draft as well. He is really athletic. He will probably only be a 2 down player to start, but with his athleticism he can definitely work his way into a 3 down player.

Was waiting until after today's game to see where we might be picking. Looks like it may be at 21 if we win next week.

FA: DE/OLB Jerry Hughes

MLB Jerrell Freeman

CB Byron Maxwell

Re-sign: Spoon, Peters, Lowery

1. RT T.J. Clemmings (won't reach for PR)

2. DE Nate Orchard

3. TE Ben Koyack

4. RB David Johnson

5. MLB Stephone Anthony

6. DT Thomas Teal

7. BPA

Just stop. Please, for the love of God, just stop with this stupidity. emot-doh.gif

Jerry if we are picking at 21 u tell me exactly who would u pick. I wanna know. And don't say trade down. Just straight up.

Some of the pass rushers stock is going to rise, and they'll be there instead of top of 2nd. Also, I still wouldn't mind Gurley or Gordon if we nailed FA. Finally, there'll be some like Oakman there as well. Point is, there will be options. OT isn't even needed, much less in the first. That's a waste of a pick, especially when we have actual needs.

if we're picking at 21, somebody will still be available between Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Shane Ray, Dante Fowler, Bud Dupree, Shilique Calhoun, Shawn Oakman and Danny Shelton. Any one of those guys is a better pick for us than Clemmings. If they're all gone, I'd still rather have Funchess, Shaq Thompson or La'el Collins (as a G) before Clemmings.

if we're picking at 21, somebody will still be available between Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Shane Ray, Dante Fowler, Bud Dupree, Shilique Calhoun, Shawn Oakman and Danny Shelton. Any one of those guys is a better pick for us than Clemmings. If they're all gone, I'd still rather have Funchess, Shaq Thompson or La'el Collins (as a G) before Clemmings.

^^^ Agree with extreme prejudice. Either Shelton or Calhoun would be the BPA.

Edited by etherdome

Some of the pass rushers stock is going to rise, and they'll be there instead of top of 2nd. Also, I still wouldn't mind Gurley or Gordon if we nailed FA. Finally, there'll be some like Oakman there as well. Point is, there will be options. OT isn't even needed, much less in the first. That's a waste of a pick, especially when we have actual needs.

I agree that OT isn't where we need to go,but I don't think anybody you guys are considering will still be on the board at 21 and beyond, with the exception of Bud Dupree and Shilique Calhoun, maybe Beasley also. Oakman, Fowler, Shelton, Thompson, Ray, Gregory they will all be gone. I'm of the mind that Beasley will slip and possibly be there but that's against the norm.

Personally, I'm a fan of picking up Laurenzo Mauldin if we are picking that low in the 1st.

This ^

i have to agree, as of right now? Oline isn't terrible, unlike our LBs and pass rushers.....i would take a RB before RT in the 1st

Clemmings is a LT, but its not a bad move. Just man, I don't know.

Incorrect KoG. Clemmings is playing RT at Pitt and there isn't anyone I am aware of even projecting him to LT in NFL.

He might could develop to that point but he is still a project at pass blocking even for a college RT.

Personally, I see him as a prototypical RT, for a right-handed QB and team that uses a prominent run/play action scheme.

If they'd let us do it... cool.png we go ahead and give up a draft pick in 2016 so we could get Pitt RB - James Conner reserved for Falcons.