Dimitroff's Job Is Getting A Lot Safer

GTFalcon25

TD had a few really bad years in the draft, obviously. But his last two drafts are starting to look pretty good. His free agent signings are even starting to work out.

Matthews, Trufant, and Hageman all played great today. Kemal Ishmael was a great late-round find, also.

This board has been very down on Soliai and Tyson Jackson... But look at the run defense lately. It's starting to look like what we thought.

All in all, I think TD keeps his job.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sold on our safeties. lowery and ish have made some key plays but they've been pretty bad at times. willy had a good couple of years without injury and just fell apart this year, so I don't know how that goes. i guess we can put alot of it on scheme and pass rush, but they've given up some ridiculous yardage

im not sold on our safeties. lowery and ish have made some key plays but they've been pretty bad at times. willy had a good couple of years without injury and just fell apart this year, so I don't know how that goes. i guess we can put alot of it on scheme and pass rush, but they've given up some ridiculous yardage

Lowery has balled all season. a very nice pickup IMO...

William Moore is a great player when healthy... which means almost never.

Ishmael isn't a shutdown type guy, but he makes a lot of plays. Lowery has looked pretty good, I think.

He's had a few bad misses in the draft. Konz and Jerry come to mind.

But he's been nailing the early rounds lately.

Well, i fully supported the jerry pick at the . I still think he was the best DT in that class. He and Hardy were sick tandem at Miss.

Like i said, cant predict a gruesome knee injury. He was ballin out preseason and game 1 before the injury. Even last season he was getting better, 4 sacks as a backup dt.

I hope so, i still like TD. He's knocked the last few drafts out of the park, last year's FA was perfect too.

How on God's green Earth can you say this last FA was perfect?

Didn't he give Tyson Barbecue Jackson 25 mil? Soliai 30 mil? Both 3-4 players, both playing out of position, both ridiculously overpaid. Do I need to remind you of No Play Ray? Dunta 11 Alive Robinson?

He is terrible in free agency and has had more than enough time to learn how to operate it. He is also pretty darn bad in the later rounds of the draft, last year being an exception.

Overreaction is this boards problem...and that includes me. If they make the playoffs and have a good run honestly they all should keep their jobs. Remember...this was to be a rebuilding season although with great hopes. Too bad things have turned on the great hope part but they have brought that back today.

If TD's job is safe then Smitty's should be too....these two guys worked hand in hand to build this team. I think they both have to go together and we need a clean slate. Today was nice but I don't think it changes anything long term. It took a long time for me to be onboard with firing Smitty but I am now and I'm sorry but TD needs to go with him.

Mike Tice is making this interesting.

Prior to Tice we thought all of our lineman were garbage, but Tice made them all solid guys.

Whose to say the rest of the team isn't the same? Perhaps we have talent but our current coaches do a **** job of coaching them up.

What? As a whole the safties are the best unit on the defense.

Lol that's not really saying much considering we're probably the worst D a in the league

We are not the worst from a talent stand point............ but we are the worst in terms of fitting a round peg into a square hole philosophy.

If we lined up in just a base 4-3 that is a basically one or 2 gap system where the guys we have up front can play to their strengths... then we have enough talent to be a top 15 defense........... if we could add a legit pass rusher or 2 we could have a legit top 10 with the right system.

Despite what alot of chuckle heads here think Td is NOT bad at drafting.......... in fact he is one of the best. We had a rough year last year and the first half of the year this year was rough but we have been playing MUCH better over the last 8 games, we are 4-3 in our last 7 and 4-4 in last 8, 3 of those losses have come by a combined 7 points..

TD has netted us a Franchise qb, franchise wr, a potential franchise LT, a franchise corner, and looking further into the future a franchise DT ( Hageman has a motivated Albert Haynesworth type of ability). And we have a bunch of solid guys who will make a play here and there like Peters and Alford.

His scouting team has brought us some VERY good UDFA like Worrlilow ( who was a BEAST today), Schaeffer and Stone both of whom are rounding into be pretty solid linemen.

If you honestly look at the talent on this team and think it sucks then I suggest you put the crack pipe down.