John Lynch Had A Good Point As To Why Our Interior Big Boys Are Playing Better

MSalmon

Cohesion is more important than people realize. We don't have a whole lot of flat talent on this line, our best player is a rookie, but they have a good coach and they're getting used to playing together. That's a big reason i was worried about Asa being out, i thought it might throw all that off. Carimi looked great though.

That's probably the first full game John Lynch has even paid attention to this season.

I lost it when they kept calling for Jackson to be getting the 3rd & 1 carries.

No one (in broadcasting) knows this football team like they pretend to do once we're relevant.

Yeah, other than the SJax stuff I thought lynch did well for a change

Oh, DL, my bad as well.

Same principle though, you need to know the guys next to you, what they'll do, and what they can do. Everybody gets better once that happens.

Lol it's true on both sides...I just noticed like lynch did that our DL seems more in synch finally..particularly against the run

I prefer heavy boys up front as DTs. They hold the line up easier on run plays and push the line back easier on pass plays. If you push the line back into the QB's chest your DE's have a much easier time rushing the QB. Toss a fast and hard hitting MLB behind them and you should be able to stop the run against most teams.

You guys remember Grady? He was a fan favorite because he was huge and fans love to see a big boy lay some lumber on some poor RB that was called for a play up the middle.

Lol it's true on both sides...I just noticed like lynch did that our DL seems more in synch finally..particularly against the run

We're lining them up correctly more often too. Combine that with the gelling and our Run D is finally as good as we thought it should be at the head of the season.

I think it would. I think it would work with what we have TBH.

I was looking at that vaunted Seahawks alignment and Bryant, membane and McDaniels weren't better than our three...just better aligned. Hageman certainly causes more havoc than Tony McDaniels and despite other posters beliefs, TJax is a very good 5 tech..

What would you do put Kroy off edge? Or Mass?

Of course John Lynch is infinitely smarter than me when it comes to all things schematically in football....however, I watch significantly more Falcons football than he does so I think I'm warranted in disagreeing with him to this extent. Our linemen are not playing all that differently when it comes to defending the run. The difference is Worrilow actually HITTING runners and blockers alike IN the whole, instead of CATCHING THEM AND WRAPPING THEM UP past the line of scrimmage. Angles, runner momentum........all of that changes simply with our MLB, mainly Worrilow, being more aggressive at the point of attack.

Armistead was hurt the starting left guard the guy replacing him it was his first start. I say that because a lot of fans don't follow the injuries on other teams and you can't evaluate your team unless you know who there playing.

They played the run game well against Pitt as well...fact is we've been a lot stouter against the run the last few games, and the pass rush is getting better as a result

Of course John Lynch is infinitely smarter than me when it comes to all things schematically in football....however, I watch significantly more Falcons football than he does so I think I'm warranted in disagreeing with him to this extent. Our linemen are not playing all that differently when it comes to defending the run. The difference is Worrilow actually HITTING runners and blockers alike IN the whole, instead of CATCHING THEM AND WRAPPING THEM UP past the line of scrimmage. Angles, runner momentum........all of that changes simply with our MLB, mainly Worrilow, being more aggressive at the point of attack.

He did make some nice plays today.