Still Alive. That's Why You Never Tank

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a goal that hasn't satisfied many around here.

I'm in the SB or bust crew.

We are all in the Super Bowl or Bust crew at this time son. Everyone except the tankers. We need to be in the 1-0 crew first though. Lose next week and it's over. I still believe. It's obvious the team still does. Dam I wish I could have been on that plane back from the bayou. 1-0, sweep an Aint, 5-0 in the division, five Breesus sacks, won the turnover battle, played with attitude, overcame ten first half mistakes, played for the coach's job, coach put the notepad down, you name it. Dam them boys gotta be ridin high back to Hartsfield Jackson. Wish I was there. Safe travels.

So i've gathered. I want to make it as far as possible. That's my goal.

I cheer until the playoffs aren't a possibility. I'm still on board. It just so happens, in this division, being 6-9 means the team is still in it. In any other division a win today would've somewhat upset me for what it does to the future.

I cheer until the playoffs aren't a possibility. I'm still on board. It just so happens, in this division, being 6-9 means the team is still in it. In any other division a win today would've somewhat upset me for what it does to the future.

Fair enough i guess; better than a lot around here already cheering for us to lose. I never root for a Falcons loss, personally.

Amen, anyone who was in favor of us tanking should have a little asterisk next to their username.

Man i put it down to the given person not being in a competitive situation for most of there lives.

I could never bring myself to just throw it in even if we were getting beat though it didn't happen to often.

We should be teaching people to hate to lose to never accept second best.

Nah you always wanna win in New Orleans, especially to sweep the Saints for the first time in 9 years. But other then that I get your point.

ill get hammered for saying it, but you do realize this is an extremely rare situation, right? i mean, its not everyday that you can win your division at 7 and 9.

then again, the seahawks did this a few years ago. so maybe this is the direction the nfl is headed. so much parody that losing teams in the playoffs becomes the norm. it is exciting and it sure beats the **** out of hoping for a loss...but again, this season isnt a typical year. if we had fallen further behind in the divsion, it wouldve been completely different. and it is bad for the nfl to see losing teams in the playoffs over winning teams. that isnt exactly fair. perhaps the competition committee should look into fixing this somehow. i would be pissed to be sitting where philly is right now

Guest Negatorris

I don't even care about draft position. Desmond Trufant might be the most gifted player on this team not named Julio Jones. Trufant was picked 21st in the first round and he could legitimately be an All Pro.

Trufant was easily the best cornerback in his class by a mile.

Our draft position took a hit today. You think I care? Hail naw. We're still alive folks. Win next week and the records reset to 0-0. You play to win the game. Win five games and get some rest. This is 2014 football. Wide as open. So glad we didn't tank. Rise mofos!

agree these draft folks have no clue why the nfl is so great just get in and everything is an even playing field and we host a game,

I don't even care about draft position. Desmond Trufant might be the most gifted player on this team not named Julio Jones. Trufant was picked 21st in the first round and he could legitimately be an All Pro.

Trufant was easily the best cornerback in his class by a mile.

It's more than just the first round. Having a top 10 pick allows a team to extract the best value of each round and has flexibility and leverage in trade ups/backs.

Oh Yea!!! Yippee,,, let us beat of f'n cheast like tarzan.

We won against one of the worst teams in Football and

yall really thing we got a shot at the Superbowl.

Every team in the playoffs will start 0-0.

But when Seattle Comes in here as a Wild Card, reality

will be a very cold shot.

Oh Yea!!! Yippee,,, let us beat of f'n cheast like tarzan.

We won against one of the worst teams in Football and

yall really thing we got a shot at the Superbowl.

Every team in the playoffs will start 0-0.

But when Seattle Comes in here as a Wild Card, reality

will be a very cold shot.

We will need to beat the Panthers first. Don't jump ship yet.

When we get past them you are going to start to believe.

That would put us 6-0 in our division and if we won every

game we wouldn't be any better than that.

Edited by HOYLE

Our draft position took a hit today. You think I care? Hail naw. We're still alive folks. Win next week and the records reset to 0-0. You play to win the game. Win five games and get some rest. This is 2014 football. Wide as open. So glad we didn't tank. Rise mofos!

Gonna agree with FFS70 for a change