Falcons Expected To Fire Mike Smith; Could Be Eyeing Broncos' Adam Gase

OC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs:

A DC that hasn't lost his football mind.

An OC that lets the offense run through Matt Ryan (Peyton-like) at the LOS the majority of the time.

A HC that "demands the respect and effort" needed. And no... that is NOT Mike "Notepad Focused - Clock Mngmnt. Dunce" Smith.

Are you trying to say Arthur Blank is not a smart business person because of his perceived football ineptitude? I mean, he'll admit himself that he doesn't know the game very well. Take it easy.

I'm saying far too often I read on this forum and elsewhere that Blank was the mastermind behind Home Depot. That isn't the case. That credit belongs to Bernie Marcus.

Of course Blank has a great deal of acumen when it comes to business matters. When it comes to football, unfortunately he approaches it as a marketing man....which is exactly why he gets it wrong more than he gets it right.

He needs to take a page from Ted Turner and recede from the actual football decisions.

And I am "taking it easy."

I live here in Atlanta. I've done work for all 3 remaining professional teams. My first job out of art school was working for Ted Turner's billboard company.

I have a unique perspective on these things that some others might not have. Not necessarily better, just different.

What the **** is with the timing of this article? If it's true what the **** is wrong with Arthur fur saying these things to people?

I don't care if Blank wants to fire Smith, but **** for this to be released right before we play a heated playoff game with our divisional foe on their house is just crazy.

I doubt the players or coaches have read this but my goodness we have something much greater on our hands at least for today.

In all fairness to the media, very similar stories have been running almost daily for weeks.

What the **** is with the timing of this article? If it's true what the **** is wrong with Arthur fur saying these things to people?

I don't care if Blank wants to fire Smith, but **** for this to be released right before we play a heated playoff game with our divisional foe on their house is just crazy.

I doubt the players or coaches have read this but my goodness we have something much greater on our hands at least for today.

Because he is at his wits end with seeing the same scru-up week in and week out. Smitty has done NOTHING to give Blank even one tiny glimmer of confidence.

I'm saying far too often I read on this forum and elsewhere that Blank was the mastermind behind Home Depot. That isn't the case. That credit belongs to Bernie Marcus.

Of course Blank has a great deal of acumen when it comes to business matters. When it comes to football, unfortunately he approaches it as a marketing man....which is exactly why he gets it wrong more than he gets it right.

He needs to take a page from Ted Turner and recede from the actual football decisions.

And I am "taking it easy."

I live here in Atlanta. I've done work for all 3 remaining professional teams. My first job out of art school was working for Ted Turner's billboard company.

I have a unique perspective on these things that some others might not have. Not necessarily better, just different.

I hear you. Kinda like how Jobs took all the credit for Wozniak's technological genius.

Mike McCoy.

Exactly! All good coaches have good players. People want Harbaugh and ignore the fact that he's got a bunch of studs.

We got Dirk Koetter and they aren't happy. It's just poor excuses for not wanting a guy. Who wouldn't want Bill Belichick?

and thats exactly why i would not bring gase in. he benefits from manning just like mcdaniels does with brady.

I disagree with this. Check out the way the offense differed from McCoy to Gase, it's like night and day. Gase has done amazing things with that offense. I am confident he would succeed here.

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

no to McDaniels and Shaw!!! not sure about Gase...

Not sur eif you watch Broncos games or not, but if you do, take a look back on when McCoy was running the offense. Don't focus on Manning...look at the play calls, what type of formations he runs...then compare to Gase. Gase's game plans and the type of formations he runs are intriguing and innovative.