Clowney Or Matthews

Right now it looks like Matthews by a mile an that without considering the very valuable draft picks we'd have had to give up to move up.

Moving up would have been like the Julio trade... A move so expensive that it is virtually impossible to justify even if the player fulfills his potential.

Guest Negatorris

Speaking of 3 years, this would be a good time to re-assess the 2011 draft and explore all plausible scenarios

We could have a SB roster right now instead of a soft finesse team dependent on an injury prone WR to succeed.

That draft would have been great 15 years from now because Goodell would have officially turned the NFL into a flag football league by then.

We got the better deal. Face it folks, Atl was not coming out of that draft with a bonafide pass rusher. JM was the only/right decision to make. We blew picks on a wr...when we didn't need to. No way they could sacrifice a draft on a pass rusher. JM has done a decent job at LT...considering he wasn't ready immediately to assume that position.

We dodged a major bullet considering Clowney had the cartilage issue even before the draft, it was just not something you could detect without opening his knee up it seems, which they did to remove other damage. Daquan Bowers had the same procedure and went from top 3 pick to second round selection and doesn't even have 10 sacks in the NFL. I don't like to be pessimistic and I hope Clowney does well, but historically speaking for what he needs to do with the injury he has, he will probably never live up to expectations. Lets see how much he wants to prove people wrong, just saying, hes shown signs of quit before.

Guest Negatorris

We dodged a major bullet considering Clowney had the cartilage issue even before the draft, it was just not something you could detect without opening his knee up it seems, which they did to remove other damage. Daquan Bowers had the same procedure and went from top 3 pick to second round selection and doesn't even have 10 sacks in the NFL. I don't like to be pessimistic and I hope Clowney does well, but historically speaking for what he needs to do with the injury he has, he will probably never live up to expectations. Lets see how much he wants to prove people wrong, just saying, hes shown signs of quit before.

Not hoping for him to fail because of his injury but I'll be grateful if he decides to take the game off next season when we play the Texans...