If...the Worst Happens....

hiawasseefalcon

I mean, I want to win...and if we do, I seriously think we may beat the Panthers AND win the 1st round at home....BUT IF we lose tomorrow, it's still not all that bad.

Positives:

- We get probably a top 7 pick in all rounds of the draft with a full set of picks.

- We KNOW we are getting a new head coach. (Thanks Smitty for the last 7 years, but times up)

- We get a shot at the absolute best candidates out there by being able to target and interview right after the regular season is over.

- We have full arsenal of carry-over cap $$ to make a BIG splash in FA and pay Julio.

- We, as fans, get a renewed excitement heading into next season.

It's really a Win, Win.

Enjoy the game tomorrow, root for our Birds, and realize that most of the things mentioned above happen with a win or a loss.

Edited by hiawasseefalcon

Yep. We're set up perfectly for a successful reboot. The coolest part is we aren't tied to a bunch of washed up vets. Instead we have a ton of interesting prospects.

There's no guarantee a new coach will be successful here but we know what we have in smith, it's time to take a chance.

Of course there's always the possibility smith stays and nolan gets rolled out. I'll get behind that if that's the case but I won't be happy about it.

Yep. We're set up perfectly for a successful reboot. The coolest part is we aren't tied to a bunch of washed up vets. Instead we have a ton of interesting prospects.

There's no guarantee a new coach will be successful here but we know what we have in smith, it's time to take a chance.

Of course there's always the possibility smith stays and nolan gets rolled out. I'll get behind that if that's the case but I won't be happy about it.

If TD deserves credit for anything, its the way he has managed our cap. Just look at the Panthers and Saints. They are ****** next off season, might have to cut and restructure mother****ers left and right, probably let some good players walk.

I'm on board now with Smitty and TD being gone, just please don't tell me Rex Ryan will be our new head coach. That will spoil everything! I'd rather keep Smitty than see that happen. As far as tommorow though,whatever happens happens. If we win I'll be happy if for nothing more than beating the aints. If we lose I won't sweat it and look forward to the future...... a RR less future I hope!

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

If the season ended today, we would have the #9 pick. Carolina has #10.

We're number 7 per NFL.Com as of yesterday evening

7. Atlanta Falcons

2014 record: 5-9 (.495)

Top three needs: Pass rusher, TE, DB

Analysis: The Falcons have one of the least productive pass-rush defenses in the NFL. LB Kroy Biermann is steady but not flashy and has been losing snaps this season. The Falcons thought they had solved their pass-rush issues with the signing of Osi Umenyiora, but that hasn't worked out as expected. If you have a good front four, you can make up for lesser linebackers. If the Falcons fix the front of their defense, then they don't need a Clay Matthews-type at linebacker. On offense, production from the tight end position since the retirement of Tony Gonzalez has been absent.

Top-rated seniors at positional needs: Pass rusher: Vic Beasley (Clemson), Alvin Dupree (Kentucky), Owamagbe Odighizuwa (UCLA); TE: Jeff Heuerman (Ohio State), Emmanuel Bibbs (Iowa State), Sam Arneson (Wisconsin); CB: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon), Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest), Byron Jones (UConn); S: Derron Smith (Fresno State), Kurtis Drummond (Michigan State), Durell Eskridge (Michigan State)

Guest Negatorris

If TD deserves credit for anything, its the way he has managed our cap. Just look at the Panthers and Saints. They are ****** next off season, might have to cut and restructure mother****ers left and right, probably let some good players walk.

True. And we'll be in position to snatched some good players up.

Even with BVG, our defense wasn't anything great. Smitty is the common denominator. If he stays, it does not matter who comes as DC. Smitty will most likely be gone though so we are good