If Smitty Is Out, As Many Proclaim...

roguebeaver

What incentive does he have to coach the best players on the team to a win? Logically, pride and commitment to excellence goes against his stubbornness, thus becoming an an illogical point or argument. So, how can this game be won? I Say the players must take over, a Captains mutiny if you will, and play balls to the walls?

Again, how possibly can the Falcons win if the chief already is out the door?

Smith is one of the good guys. He isn't going to be playing angry birds on his phone during the game...

He will be coaching his heart out no matter what.

Even if he's horrible at it

perhaps you're right. But, he should do himself a favor and not. Addition by subtraction if you were? Btw, perhaps Candy Crush? Edited by roguebeaver

What incentive does he have to coach the best players on the team to a win? Logically, pride and commitment to excellence goes against his stubbornness, thus becoming an an illogical point or argument. So, how can this game be won? I Say the players must take over, a Captains mutiny if you will, and play balls to the walls?

Agree.

Smitty is going to get a job, no doubt. He might kick back for a year like Lovie did, but he'll be back - you can count on it. He's is a great coach, just not the right one for us an longer

i'm sorry but Smitty is not a great HC/coach IMO...probably a great guy tho....

Edited by sanfranfalcon

Smitty is going to get a job, no doubt. He might kick back for a year like Lovie did, but he'll be back - you can count on it. He's is a great coach, just not the right one for us an longer

He's never been a great coach. I never once said "Wow that was a pretty good decision". Instead I spent 5 years pulling out my hair from him blowing leads, but getting bailed out by Ryan and Turner. Now I just cry

You are kidding me,,, right??

The mentality of this team stems from the HC.who

has totally lost the team.

Right now I would say that if Cam Newton is out that will

be our last shot at winning a game.

I don't think Smitty thinks he's out the door, and neither does his players ---- otherwise, they wouldn't be playing, as you say, "balls-to-the-wall" for him. He hasn't "lost" this team by any stretch of the imagination, in my opinion.

Now this could change, in a hurry, if we lose to the Aints!!! If that happens, Artie will be obliged to make a coaching change. Whether it's the right decision remains to be seen. I guess, it depends on who we can bring in here.

All I know is, what we're doing right now, doesn't seem to be working so well --- but somehow, I think we're on the upswing, and I trust it carries over into next year. Of course, it will depend on how well we do in the Draft & FA...

You are kidding me,,, right??

The mentality of this team stems from the HC.who

has totally lost the team.

Right now I would say that if Cam Newton is out that will

be our last shot at winning a game.

Cam Newton is playing TOMORROW!!! So unless he gets hurt again, he'll be playing when we meet the Panties next week! But, we've beat 'ol "towel head" before, and we can beat him AGAIN!!!

I hope it's for the NFC South Championship, too!!!

And I agree with you that the mentality of a HC, translates to his team ---- and while Smitty may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, it appears to me that he has a tremendous amount of passion for the game of football, this team and his players. So, we can't count him out, yet, unless we lose tomorrow, then he will be gone, more than likely.

I'm just not 100% convinced that this team can draw a coach who is substantially better --- if as good.

I'm just not 100% convinced that this team can draw a coach who is substantially better --- if as good.

Arthur Blank, and Rich McKay are no no's but in this day and time, the money is always a draw,

with ONE exception, and that is control of the team or "no meddeling" by the owner.

Blank does not know Football, he only knows how to promote and gathering the revenues.