Offseason Moves

Coach_Petrino

First of all, SJax is gonna be gone, so I say we make a play for both AP and Ray Rice. Ray is only 27 years old and both guys got the year off to let their bodies completely freshen up, so I think either one could beast for us.

Next, we need to get a real pass rusher in free agency. That's going to cost cap dollars but we've failed to draft and develop anyone so it will be worth it in our situation. I'd prefer to get a blitzing linebacker so that we have at least one stud LB on the field.

I think with those two additions, we will contend and be a legit team next year. We have a lot of depth on the Oline when we get some guys back. Plus, our DLine has been better against the run and Hageman seems to be developing. Even Bierman has become a decent player again in the second half of the season.

Thoughts?

First of all, SJax is gonna be gone, so I say we make a play for both AP and Ray Rice. Ray is only 27 years old and both guys got the year off to let their bodies completely freshen up, so I think either one could beast for us.

Next, we need to get a real pass rusher in free agency. That's going to cost cap dollars but we've failed to draft and develop anyone so it will be worth it in our situation. I'd prefer to get a blitzing linebacker so that we have at least one stud LB on the field.

I think with those two additions, we will contend and be a legit team next year. We have a lot of depth on the Oline when we get some guys back. Plus, our DLine has been better against the run and Hageman seems to be developing. Even Bierman has become a decent player again in the second half of the season.

Thoughts?

IMO Ray Rice should never play in the NFL again. But I'd LOVE to have Adrian Peterson!

Get the best avail MLB should be first on the list,

I heard something that they don't want to pay both Willis and Bowman!

Either would be my first choice to start a new D.

AP should have been a Falcon from the start,

Minn already had a RB one pick ahead of us.

It depends on if we are moving into a 3-4 next season. I'd go DE and OT in Free Agency based on our current scheme, where DE turns into an edge rusher OLB in a 3-4. You can find a good OG, LBer, and RB in the first 3 rounds. No FA spending on a RB in my opinion. I'd also like us to look at a TE upgrade. Not impressed with Toi.

I'd resign Spoon, Biermann, and Peters to team friendly deals. I'd cut Baker or negotiate a pennies on the dollar contract. Carimi, Johnson, and Konz can walk. I'd also put a priority on keeping Lowery, Antone, Weems, Bryant, and DiMarco. Not overpay, but give them fair contracts to stay. Especially Bryant.

and the only real reason that I'm interested in him, is b/c Trufant's here.

This ^

Tru with 2 years experience already and veteran guys like Moore, Lowery, Wilson around him i think he would be fine here. I've seen his stock from late 1st to the 4th though. With us using our first 3 picks for Tru and Alford, we better not touch the guy before the 4th.... MAYBE earlier if we make some trades happen.

This ^

Tru with 2 years experience already and veteran guys like Moore, Lowery, Wilson around him i think he would be fine here. I've seen his stock from late 1st to the 4th though. With us using our first 3 picks for Tru and Alford, we better not touch the guy before the 4th.... MAYBE earlier if we make some trades happen.

I'd take a serious look in the 3'rd. I'd be surprised if he made it out of the 2'nd though. Somebody will always take a risk on talent.

No reason to invest the cap space & potential for a media distraction** in HB when solid players can be found in the later rounds of the draft.

A. Smith has little wear on him & can still be an extremely dangerous weapon for another 2-3 years. Re-sign him for a reasonable contract & have him be the change of pace back, working in a rotation with Freeman. Draft someone late for depth & we are set.

As for pass rush, that should be the focus of our attention early on in both the draft AND free agency. We need at least 1 starter from each of those pools.

** If we do in fact have a new coach next season, everyone needs to be totally focused on buying into that that system, understanding the new terminology, etc. Bringing in a player who has been a big story for ESPN is no helping to keep the locker room focused on what really matters.