Falcons Injury Report: Jones Not At Practice; Big Test-Run On Saturday

Quarterback

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-injury-report-jones-not-a-practice-big-tes/njXFr/

The Falcons are hoping that rest and treatment will help heal wide receiver Julio Jones’ hip injury. The star receiver was not on the field during the open portion of practice and was not expected to practice on Friday.

The Falcons (5-9) face the New Orleans Saints (6-8) in a NFC South title elimination game at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Superdome.

Jones has not practiced since he was hurt late in a Dec. 8 loss at the Packers and did not return. After trying to run Saturday, he didn’t play against the Steelers. Jones has a big test run on Saturday before the team leaves for New Orleans.

How he recovers from the run by Sunday morning will determine if he will play against the Saints. Falcons coach Mike Smith said this week he expects Jones will be ready to play Sunday.

Guard Jon Asamoah (back) was the other player not to participate in practice. Safety William Moore (foot), wide receiver Roddy White (knee) and wide receiver Harry Douglas (foot) all were limited participants.

Edited by Quarterback

Got this off the internet ---

The acetabular labrum is a fibrous rim of cartilage around the hip socket that is important in normal function of the hip. It helps keep the head of the femur (thigh bone) inside the acetabulum (hip socket). It provides stability to the joint.

As bad as we need Julio Jones on the field, v/s the Aints, I'd hate to see him try to play Sunday, and maybe his leg/hip become dislocated, and cause further damage!
And, since us fans are not privy to the severity of the injury, or how he's progressing in his rehab, I really have no idea what to think/expect.

Anyway, Good Luck, Julio, and God's Speed!!!

Edited by FalconJim

Guest Negatorris

I know it's not his fault but I'm sick of having to hear about our team rely this much on a constantly injured WR

Exactly, it's ridiculous. The Patriots had no problems without Moss. Still an elite team when losing their top guys each and every year. You rely this much on a WR, then you're bound to fail, especially when Julio doesn't fail to get injured every season.

Guest facelessman07

Exactly, it's ridiculous. The Patriots had no problems without Moss. Still an elite team when losing their top guys each and every year. You rely this much on a WR, then you're bound to fail, especially when Julio doesn't fail to get injured every season.

We're really gonna screw ourselves if we give him a contract like many on the boards want to

Initially, I was for paying him top-10 money. Now, I honestly want to trade him. Injuries like his get worse with age, and he's only 25

This is a playoff game as others stated, so if anyway possible I would expect him other there.

However, also like others have stated, I believe there is no shot of him playing and this is just gamesmanship. I think it is worse than what they are telling us. It is also a hip, so it is typically slow healing. If it is just an impact injury, he should be out there though.