Will Brees Get His Fifth 5,000

Audiotom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as stupid as you were for believing the Saints were a SB contender and I had a right to at that time. We were 2-0 and just beat the Lions 24-7 without knowing until kickoff Hardy wouldn't play btw I didn't think my team was a SB contender but keep trying

A lot of people were picking the saints as SB contenders, not just Saints fans. Honestly, they've been one of the seasons biggest busts.

Too much work but you have to admit that y'all have completely misjudged your team this year....

You won't find anything, however I agree I thought the Saints would be better. Just like you thought the Panthers would make some noise.

Aight man I guess you weren't like 90% of your fan base

Actually, I'm with UG9. I always expect to make the POs if nothing else, but i was also in here all offseason warning that games are played on the field and not on paper. I thought they had SB potential on paper, but never believed the hype until i see them play.

Actually, I'm with UG9. I always expect to make the POs if nothing else, but i was also in here all offseason warning that games are played on the field and not on paper. I thought they had SB potential on paper, but never believed the hype until i see them play.

You were the only one on this board that said that.

I'm sure the Saints fans you know still don't make up the 90% that you were talking about, but i get the point you were making.

All the saints fans I know tell me "Cam sucks" and "The Saints are going to the SB" along with other stuff. The Saints have become my most hated team this year cause of it and thats why I really enjoyed that butt wiping we gave y'all 2 weeks ago cause of all their talk in the preseason.

I know you are not as delusional as they are

Edited by PantherWake

The Saints, Falcons, and Panthers all have the talent on their team to beat any team in the league on any given day. The problem is, for whatever reasons, all 3 of these teams are some of the most inconsistent teams in the league. All 3 of our coaches seem to do some mind-boggling bone-headed **** as well... some more so than others. It's just been a bad year for the NFCS.

Brees and Ryan are very good QBs. Despite all the **** all of you talk, so is a healthy Cam. All 3 have the ability to completely take over a game. That's something probably only a handful of other QBs in the league are capable of doing.

We all have other pieces on the team that are either the best at their respective position, or near the top of the league. Any one of us could win a playoff a game(s) if we get in and play to our potential.

Edited by Big Play Bene

All the saints fans I know tell me "Cam sucks" and "The Saints are going to the SB" along with other stuff. The Saints have become my most hated team this year cause of it and thats why I really enjoyed that butt wiping we gave y'all 2 weeks ago cause of all their talk in the preseason.

I know you are not as delusional as they are

To act like the Saints are the only team in this division to have fallen short of expectations is silly. If I remember correctly, yall are the reigning division champion, with the "all world defense". You know, the one you can put a high school secondary behind that front seven and it would be good? The Huddle has people convinced that the receivers were better than last year. I mean KB and Avant and Cotchery >> Smith and Lafell and Ginn right? People on the Huddle laughed at the wide receiver problems because they were bad last year.

You guys touted all year that your defense would still be amazing. Cam would do fine with his new weapons and the Oline would be decent. You can act like you didn't have expectations now, because no one is going to go over to the Huddle and dig that **** up, but I post on both sites, and we all know you and all the Panthers fans had just as high of expectations as we did.

By the way, we split the series, since we spanked yall at home as well. Falcons fans can talk **** to Saints fans, because they own the bragging rights. Panthers fans can not.

Oh, and Cam is trash. :D

Edited by saints4life25

To act like the Saints are the only team in this division to have fallen short of expectations is silly. If I remember correctly, yall are the reigning division champion, with the "all world defense". You know, the one you can put a high school secondary behind that front seven and it would be good? The Huddle has people convinced that the receivers were better than last year. I mean KB and Avant and Cotchery >> Smith and Lafell and Ginn right? People on the Huddle laughed at the wide receiver problems because they were bad last year.

You guys touted all year that your defense would still be amazing. Cam would do fine with his new weapons and the Oline would be decent. You can act like you didn't have expectations now, because no one is going to go over to the Huddle and dig that **** up, but I post on both sites, and we all know you and all the Panthers fans had just as high of expectations as we did.

By the way, we split the series, since we spanked yall at home as well. Falcons fans can talk **** to Saints fans, because they own the bragging rights. Panthers fans can not.

Oh, and Cam is trash. biggrin.png

The only one I'll give you is the receivers. For a while, KB, Avant, and Cotchery WERE >> Smith, LaFell, and Ginn... then they all 3 decided to start taking turns dropping every other pass that came their way and Avant (who was cut) and Cotch seemed to have just given up, or their old legs just failed them... because neither looked like the receivers they did at the beginning of the season, and either giving up on routes or running the wrong routes altogether. KB is just inconsistent as all heII, but he's a rookie, and a **** talented one at that.

I don't know anyone who thought the o-line was going to be decent. Everyone was ******* terrified about Bell protecting Cam's blindside, and Chandler (still freshly converted from playing DT) playing RT for the first time in his career. Byron Bell was the worst starting RT in the league... who in their right mind would think he'd make a decent LT? The only hope we held out was that Trai Turner would be good (and he has come on lately), and Amini would return to form before his ACL tear - which didn't happen, he's far worse now than he ever was. The offensive line turned out about how I expected.

The defense was the biggest fail of the season, because it's what we banked on, but not for the reasons you mentioned.

This years front 7 is not last years front 7. All things equal, last year's front 7 would make this defense worlds better... because that front 7 was literally ridiculous. No one anticipated our superstar DE, who we just spent half our cap on, getting suspended for the season, our other star DE battling injuries over half the season, our best backup DE getting suspended 14 games out the season. Whelp, there goes the entire pass rush right there... you know, that thing our entire defense was built around? We knew from the start we had scrub DBs. We had scrub DBs last year. Nothing new there. The argument always was "any DB would look good when the QB has a 300 lb man in his face 2 seconds after the snap". That didn't happen obviously, as QBs are routinely getting 5+ seconds in the pocket against us. See: Week 14 in the Superdome what a scrub defensive backfield looks like when you have a lethal pass rush. Hint: Drew had like 60 yards going into the 4th quarter before all the stat-padding.

Edited by Big Play Bene