Jim Harbaugh Offered 6 Yr. 48 Million, By Michigan

FalconJim

Money talks, but I do think it eats Harbaugh that his brother has a Lombardi and he doesn't. I think it'll come down to how San Fran handles him. If they release him, he'll get his money owed by them and an NFL team will throw some big money to him.

If they want to hold him for a trade, then he'll probably walk to Michigan

I'm thinking that after the gruden thing from oakland to tampa, the NFL passed a rule that doesn't allow a coach included in any trading between teams.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NO HC can help Atlanta with TD picking the roster.

I just have to SMH at anyone who thinks a HC can change the total lack of talent here at so many positions.

Weird how a team bereft of talent, as you say, has such a good winning record over the years. We'd have double digit wins this year with a competent coaching staff, easily. We beat up on even the best teams, we just can't sustain it for a full game. That doesn't happen without talent.

That's true! IF, he wants to stay in the NFL (which I think he does, according to what he's said), and IF, Blank wants to open up his wallet, he could wind up here, who knows?

I'm just not a big fan of his --- I mean, he's been a proven winner (to some extent), but, if San Fran wants him gone, there must be more to it than meets the eye ---

49er fans are pissed he might go. Seems he doesnt get along with the GM. I havent seen the players quit on him, they played their *** off in Seattle.

49er fans are pissed he might go. Seems he doesnt get along with the GM. I havent seen the players quit on him, they played their *** off in Seattle.

Nah the niners fans here are actually pretty split on him some are mad that he MIGHT get fired but some of the fans have began to burn Kaepernicks jersey and just hate Harbaugh because some feel that his decision to go with Kaep over Smith was a mistake. Harbaugh also has influence on draft picks and trades the man just keeps trading and drafting for offense while the defense has taken a big step back especially after losing Whitner, Goldson, and Carlos Rogers. My brother-in-laws are stressing over Harbaugh and I am laughing at them because when he leaves they can kiss the annual trips to the NFCCG goodbye. They built a new stadium and now that there is uncertainty in the team has the fan base p*ssed it also didn't help that team to be technical is no longer in San Francisco they are technically the San Jose or Santa Clara Niners. The Kaep and Smith saga was one of the main reasons why his relationship with the GM has gone bad.

Guest Negatorris

Seems like he has taken a big step backwards this year, Kapernick can't beat the good teams

The 49ers are just another mediocre team

Their offense is just terrible. They have lost players on D but are still top 10 easily on that side. I'm pretty sure Harbaugh has nothing to do with that though.

He has stated that he would like to stay coaching in the NFL, but he has 48 million reasons to go.

$48 million is pretty expensive just for annual tips to the NFCCG. I'm not sold on Harbaugh if his young defense couldn't beat an aging Ravens defense I don't expect him to come here and work wonders. Now he can't even beat the Legion of Boom

So...6 years 50 million and we're good. Its not the money that will be the problem, its the location. Sunny, laid back California vs Atlanta is the problem(Michigan is not the Harbaugh problem, it's Oakland).

Agreed. Money won't be an issue for any NFL team that wants him and he'll probably have his pick of most if not all of the head coaching vacancies. Only thing that might draw him to ATL would be Ryan and depending on what Harbaugh thinks of Ryan that could be a detractor.

Unless he has issues with Oakland's front office/owner they just make too much sense. I suspect they will be willing to give the money and the control he will be looking for. Also with Peyton running out of shelf life that division will be wide open in a season or two.

Seeing how much people owe in student loans when they graduate I see where the money is coming from.

Doubtful. Athletic departments especially at major universities rarely cut into the general universities revenue to fund their programs. That money is coming from ticket sales and boosters. Not from tuition that the students pay.