Ex-Falcon Brent Grimes

ki46dinah

Tru may be as good as Grimes one day but he wasn't in his first two years:

2013-2014 thru Week 15

Trufant - 30 starts, 125 tackles, 4 Ints, 31 PDs, 1 FF, 2 FRs, 0 TDs

Grimes - 30 starts, 114 tackles, 9 Ints, 29 PDs, 1 FF, 0 FRs, 2 TDs

Those are some pretty **** identical stats. And Grimes is my favourite non-falcon in the league.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically there's only a few different schools of "thought" regarding Grimes.

There was the crowd that never believed in him and looked for every opportunity to kick dirt on him. A large portion if this group turned into that whole weird "stalk Miko's every move" camp.

It was really weird... They acted as if she was FORCING them to follow her on twitter. They were grousing and complaining about a cake?! Hahahahaha...supposed to be grown men,yet they were e-stalking another man's wife! Some got way obsessed with her, and started photoshopping pics of her (Bawse.) Others flat out lied on her,then cried when she exposed them (Mashburn/Fibonacci)

Either way, she OWNED a lot of free space in that crowd.

You can kinda see a pattern with KB#71's wife. The way people talk about her is very strange too considering that she's not a Falcon. Don't even get me started on Matt Ryan's wife. I mean, for some odd reason, criticizing her was a bannable offense, but not so for Kim and Miko.

Double Standard much?

Then there was the Recliner GM's that would routinely say stupid things like "he relies on his athleticism."

Lol, "scientists rely on their intelligence, better fire them!"

This crowd,just refuses to admit they were wrong, so the excuses start...

Grimes is a BEAST and anyone pretending otherwise is minus credibility.

Wow. I haven't seen this kind of ownage in three or four years.

The first time Grimes became a household name for me was when he jumped 30ft in the air to intercept Drew Brees. Grimes just seemed to go off after that, and he never really came down until the injury. I think Drew Brees had the same feeling, I did which was, "How in the F did he just catch that!"

The Falcons made the wise & prudent decision at the time based on circumstances.

I like Grimes as a football player, but I just don't respect any man who lets his wife dominate, own and run him as he does. There's usually a price to pay for this and that bill will likely come due the moment his earnings wane or disappear. She'll then turn to a man that demands her respect...if that's remotely possible with this woman.

on the active roster?? 5 I believe.

But what does that have to do with anything???

He made 13 mil over 2 years for like 10 games.

If anything he owes the Falcons money,

That is Roughly 2.9 mil a season.

That is a good deal for a solid CB.

The thing is that the Falcons rode him for league minimum, and did not pay him

until they absolutely had to.

So he finally gets paid then the injury bug hits.

The Flaw in all of this is Player Management.

Grimes should have been offered a decent contract after his third season.

TD and Rich McKay is to fault with Grimes. Not Grimey or his Wife.

The Proof os this is the Sam Baker Contract.

That presents to you both sides of the Coin regarding player mis management.

If you ask what McKay has to do with this:

McKay handles the contracts and numbers, not TD.

That was made public info the week TD became GM.

Here is the thing I didn't understand about the way the Falcons handled Grimes. And, as FFS1970 has mentioned, I was screaming from the top of my lungs on this board early in 2010 that the Falcons should sign Grimes to an extension for a reasonable amount of money before people figured out how good he is. And they hadn't yet. I remember some clown journalist writing in the middle of 2010 that Grimes wasn't starter material when Grimes was on his way to a Pro Bowl season.

But what I didn't understand is the contrast with the way the Falcons had handled some other guys, notably Michael Jenkins and Babs. TD signed both of them to big extensions. Babs had proven he was a pretty good player and he lived up to the contract he signed. Jenkins had not proven anything at all but he was beloved for making that catch against Chicago that helped the Falcons win that game in 2008. Obviously he did not live up to his 5 mil a year contract.

So I guess I was just perplexed at the way the Falcons handled that. I am certain that Grimes would have taken 5 years for 25 mil early in 2010. He was only making $500,000 and he only made 2 million in 2011. They could have given him that extension in 2010 and made the signing bonus like 8 or 9 million and he would have taken that all day long.

The Falcons made the wise & prudent decision at the time based on circumstances.

I like Grimes as a football player, but I just don't respect any man who lets his wife dominate, own and run him as he does. There's usually a price to pay for this and that bill will likely come due the moment his earnings wane or disappear. She'll then turn to a man that demands her respect...if that's remotely possible with this woman.

^^ Sewing circle.

sewing_circle.jpg

Why in the world do people focus on other's spousal choice? It's a little scary.

I didn't say he was just lucky, but a lot of luck helped. If Brent was so obviously talented from the get go, why didn't he get drafted, or get recruited by a top school?. Nobody is saying Brent isn't amazingly talented ,he's a freak, but it took some things to fall into place for him to get where he is, and the Falcons taking a chance on him was one of them. The Falcons don't owe him squat.

No, you're right. The Falcons don't owe him anything. The Falcons got what they deserved for letting go of their best 3 defensive players with a bargain basement replacement plan.

The #32 ranked defense.

Here is the thing I didn't understand about the way the Falcons handled Grimes. And, as FFS1970 has mentioned, I was screaming from the top of my lungs on this board early in 2010 that the Falcons should sign Grimes to an extension for a reasonable amount of money before people figured out how good he is. And they hadn't yet. I remember some clown journalist writing in the middle of 2010 that Grimes wasn't starter material when Grimes was on his way to a Pro Bowl season. But what I didn't understand is the contrast with the way the Falcons had handled some other guys, notably Michael Jenkins and Babs. TD signed both of them to big extensions. Babs had proven he was a pretty good player and he lived up to the contract he signed. Jenkins had not proven anything at all but he was beloved for making that catch against Chicago that helped the Falcons win that game in 2008. Obviously he did not live up to his 5 mil a year contract. So I guess I was just perplexed at the way the Falcons handled that. I am certain that Grimes would have taken 5 years for 25 mil early in 2010. He was only making $500,000 and he only made 2 million in 2011. They could have given him that extension in 2010 and made the signing bonus like 8 or 9 million and he would have taken that all day long.

Dimitroff has no skills in Player Management and or Contracts.

That is Rich McKays job.

So I ask you,,, How Bad is this franchise and who sits on top of this team?

Arthur BlankenSmith,, thats who,, and yes I am a strong advocate of him

selling his interest in the team.

Nothing personal,,, but Arty needs to GTFO!

That is Rich McKays job.

Come on now! You know good and darn well how much you'd miss his affectionate moments!

cover4-1.jpg

So, willing to bet that a good chunk of the people complaining about letting Grimes go were also the ones that complained for years that he got toasted to a crisp in his first start by a tall, 10 year vet WR.

Also willing to bet that, if the Falcons had signed him in 2010, several posters that are now complaining about that not happening would have been demanding that he be cut in 2012 and use his injuries as further proof that TD had no clue about what he was doing.

Happy for Grimes, he made it big in the league, and I'm really glad I'm not married to his wife.

That is Rich McKays job.

Blank has made his share of mistakes, but he really wants to win and 2008-2012 were the best times to be a Falcons fan ever.

He needs to get the next hires right- be it GM & HC or just HC, but, I have much more faith that he can get the hire right than I ever had in the Clampetts.

She owned the boys arguing with her...I hope u were not one of those guys.

She's got her man's back and any man can hope for as much.

she is a loud mouth arrogant twit who does not understand humility. I would never hope for that curse. She needs to take off her big boy pants and wear a pair of panties for a change. She is a money grubbing fool who is only where she is so she can ride grimes jock for all the $green$ it is worth.

The Falcons paid Brent Grimes over 13 million for 2 years and got less than a full season out of him....anything that twit has to say about the falcons is invalid.

they also paid him almost nothing for 4yrs while he made plays.. so just stop with the hate on him..

There was a reason why we paid him that 10 mil that yr.. smh

Here is the thing I didn't understand about the way the Falcons handled Grimes. And, as FFS1970 has mentioned, I was screaming from the top of my lungs on this board early in 2010 that the Falcons should sign Grimes to an extension for a reasonable amount of money before people figured out how good he is. And they hadn't yet. I remember some clown journalist writing in the middle of 2010 that Grimes wasn't starter material when Grimes was on his way to a Pro Bowl season.

But what I didn't understand is the contrast with the way the Falcons had handled some other guys, notably Michael Jenkins and Babs. TD signed both of them to big extensions. Babs had proven he was a pretty good player and he lived up to the contract he signed. Jenkins had not proven anything at all but he was beloved for making that catch against Chicago that helped the Falcons win that game in 2008. Obviously he did not live up to his 5 mil a year contract.

So I guess I was just perplexed at the way the Falcons handled that. I am certain that Grimes would have taken 5 years for 25 mil early in 2010. He was only making $500,000 and he only made 2 million in 2011. They could have given him that extension in 2010 and made the signing bonus like 8 or 9 million and he would have taken that all day long.

ppl dnt want to hear the truth your speaking..

All they see is 10 mil and not playing in the PO..

Some ppl are just ignorant enough to even try to bring his wife into it..

No, you're right. The Falcons don't owe him anything. The Falcons got what they deserved for letting go of their best 3 defensive players with a bargain basement replacement plan.

The #32 ranked defense.

We sucked pretty bad when Grimes was here. We replaced Grimes with a better corner long term in Trufant. You can't act like dumping grimes is why we have the 32nd D. An unwillingness to go after help, and a coaching staff unwilling to play its most talented pass rushers is more of the reason than Grimes departure.